Harv & Marv or Jayleen's?

vermonter16

Has anyone done both of these?  I don't necessarily see much difference.  DH and I have been on Harv & Marv's multiple times and they are a little cheaper but wondering if there is any plus or minus to either one.  Offhand it doesn't appear to be but maybe someone has done both and can compare?  Thansk.

I need to start with I have not done both. We had a great trip with Jayleen which was booked more than one year in advance. My advise is book soon because 2025 may already be booked. Jayleen only has 6 people per boat and three boats per day. I think one of her uncles is either H or M or maybe both. 

I am well aware how fast those whale watching cruises sell out.  I decided to go with Jayleen's since she is a smaller outfit and went ahead and chartered the boat for my husband and I.  I did this without him knowing as a surprise.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, vermonter16 said:

I am well aware how fast those whale watching cruises sell out.  I decided to go with Jayleen's since she is a smaller outfit and went ahead and chartered the boat for my husband and I.  I did this without him knowing as a surprise.

We just completed our 17th trip with Jayleen and have never been disappointed with any of our excursions with her.  We have also gone out with H&M in the past.  All I can say is there is something special about our experiences with Jayleen; I think you will understand what I am talking about once you tour with her.  Have a wonderful time on your charter. 

• Like 2

Thank you for your reply.  That is awesome to hear!  I totally splurged on this since we are only doing the one excursion and I thought it would totally blow my husband away.  I'm trying not to think about the $$ but I think it will be worth it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gsel said:

We have been out with Jayleen's a few times, you will enjoy the trip and will enjoy a surprise at the end. She and her crew are great!

Thanks so much!!!  I can't wait!!!  I've checked out all the captains on her website and everyone seems great!

That is very cool!  I am so excited and glad I 'splurged' for the private tour....you only live once and we've been several times to Alaska and never done it with just us.  So, I'm over the $$ factor since it is our only tour....and what a surprise it will be to my husband.

• Like 1