Sorry, I know this has been done to death - but is this really the only difference?

ian441672

Hi

I was booked on the original Star inaugural in a Signature Collection suite but this all changed as we know and I couldn't make the new inaugural date, and then they all changed over to Sanctuary Collection which appeared to demean the value of the suite guest to just more or less having a lounge access and not much else to differentiate between any other Sanctuary type room, despite a significant price difference.

I was just reviewing future Star options and saw the two below rooms, same size, 1 being a Sanctuary Mini-Suite for £4929 and 1 being a Sanctuary Signature suite for £7246, both for the same 14 day Caribbean Cruise for 2026.

Is this really it - for £2317 pp extra, you get lounge access and a mini-bar set up? Why would I do this, or am I really missing something. As said, sorry if this has been done to death, but we have always sailed in a full suite of some sort (with the Club type dining etc), and was looking forward to the original Signature benefits which did differentiate, but now moving forward is it best to stick to the Royal Class Club set up - I have enjoyed the Celebrity Sanctuary set up, but this is not like that at all from what it seems?

IMG_6368.PNG

IMG_6369.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dog said:

It is true. Even the deluxe balcony in aft section will be using the same benefits Sanctuary- that suites get except for the lounge.

Terrible marketing by Princess. Don’t get me started about pricing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrmarklin said:

That's just crazy - I really thought I was missing something! What a shame they have gone down what looks like an ill thought out route; for a multinational business with senior managers paid many thousands of bucks, it doesn't make sense to me....! I am willing to pay more for the suite 'experience' as many others are as well, but this experience works out at £165 per person per day for lounge access which does not seem value to me.

Do they / will they review and take heed of these comments, or I guess they will see what the take up is of these rooms if people are really paying this premium, and leave it at that to make 'easy money'.

Such a shame, as I will be taking my money else where potentially (not that that will make much of a difference I am sure!).

Thanks for clarifying.

Some sanctuary class are including the premier package.

Take a look at the Premier & plus packages- premier will be unlimited Specialty dining- overcrowded and understaffed?

Changes are coming as of October 14/24.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrmarklin said:

Suppy and demand.  Have found both priced almost the same.  On upcoming cruise signaturemini suite started at $3800pp.  Was $1400pp just before final payment.

3 hours ago, dog said:

Take a look at the Premier & plus packages- premier will be unlimited Specialty dining- overcrowded and understaffed?

My first thought when reading the OPs question was that one includes Premier and the other doesn’t but that was just a guess. Doubt I would consider it worth the difference even if that’s the case but it would at least explain some ofvrhe difference. 

3 hours ago, dog said:

All Sanctuary Collection cabins include the Premier Cruise Package (if booked after April 23, 2024), whether Sanctuary Deluxe Balcony or Sky Suite...

The only difference between a Sanctuary Mini-suite and an S9 Signature Sanctuary suite is Lounge access for S9, when it comes to Sanctuary Collection perks..

the Suite also gets laundry, first night complimentary specialty dining (irrelevant given the unlimited specialty dining with Premier Cruise Package), one minibar set-up, and other suite perks..

I suspect that the Sanctuary dining room will use the menu that the Suite dining room would have. 

Basically the new Sanctuary benefits are pretty the same as the suite benefits were. The only real change is that the group getting them is a larger group than just suites.

If you want suites for the larger more comfortable cabin, no real change.

If one books suites because they want a more exclusive experience away from anyone not in suites then the changes would not appeal.

• Like 1

Why not just book a mini in this case?

Personally I love it. We will be in a Sanctuary mini-suite in January. We would never normally book a suite or even a mini-suite, but since this included Premier and was a good price we thought it would be fun to try. It will also be close to our 40th anniversary so definitely worth celebrating.

We like the extra sq footage in the signature suites (S4) and the suite restaurant, but thought it was not worth the huge added cost. So we booked a deluxe balcony, bid to upgrade at half the cost, and won. It was a risk, but one we were happy to take as we still would have been happy in our balcony cabin.

• Like 2