Labadee Status?

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Of course one could argue RCI should have never stopped going to Haiti in the first place because problems existed in Haiti long before RCI stopped sending ships to Labadee. 

I have said this from the beginning, it was never sbout the safety of guests, it has always been about the optics of it.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BND said:

We are going on AD in Mar/Apr for a b2b2b with two planned stops at Labadee.  We probably won't even get off the ship.  Mainly because my knee doesn't handle sand very well.  Rather just stay onboard and hang out in the solarium.  But, a lot can happen between now and Oct so we'll see.

You can walk about a mile in one direction on Labadee without ever touching sand. DW has bad knees and we typically do between 1-2 miles (we tend to go all the way around to where the zip line ends and then backtrack al the way back to the ship) on Labadee just on the sidewalks

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You can walk about a mile in one direction on Labadee without ever touching sand. DW has bad knees and we typically do between 1-2 miles (we tend to go all the way around to where the zip line ends and then backtrack al the way back to the ship) on Labadee just on the sidewalks

Oh, we've been there 7 or 8 times but always as a beach day (before my injury).  

40 minutes ago, BND said:

Oh, we've been there 7 or 8 times but always as a beach day (before my injury).  

We don't do beaches any more - but we walk everywhere we can while everyone else is using the beach🏖️

14 hours ago, cruisegus said:

Fear Mongering

Never has been a problem at Labadee.

Perfectly safe to return.

Is it? Did you miss a thread posted by RCCL staff who was recently there? Poster stated gangsters were positioning themselves on the high ground and issuing verbal threats to Labadee compound below. As is, the Kenya cop deal is fasting running out of money and may not be able to continue much longer without further funding from donor countries.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Is it? Did you miss a thread posted by RCCL staff who was recently there? Poster stated gangsters were positioning themselves on the high ground and issuing verbal threats to Labadee compound below. As is, the Kenya cop deal is fasting running out of money and may not be able to continue much longer without further funding from donor countries.

Link??

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

Uhhh….it wasn’t RCCL staff.that posted that. 😇

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Southern Dan said:

It's like a bad game of telephone in here sometimes 😂

I was the one who posted the original statement, and I have no association with RCL other than cruising on their ships😇 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

If you took all the places RC visits where someone was shot and stopped going there, there'd be no cruising at all.

A high ranking official…just saying…they have no law enforcement right now…the UN is involved…bringing tourists is reckless

37 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Haiti has always been a high crime country. 

And a "high ranking migration" official could just as easily be the guy who checks visas and passports at the DC/Haiti border and po'd someone he refused entry.

• Like 1

Royal has stopped at Labadee to off load supplies.  They did on our July Adventure cruise.  They docked about 11PM, and it took about an hour until the supplies started to come off.  Two hours later they were still working on it.

Earlier in the evening, the captain announced the process would take place.  Naturality passengers were not allowed off. 

M

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Haiti has always been a high crime country. 

Yup, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico...Detroit. This is at least 3-4th time Royal stopped going to Labadee since the 80's. Guys I supported in the US Army landed in Haiti 30yrs ago, and wasn't even first time for that in last 100yrs