Wi-Fi and swopping devices urgent Suites on hold.

We have two F1 superior cabins on hold on the spender. Good position deck 8. We have only been in concierge before on the older ships. We turned silver on the first day of our last cruise and always deviate therefore we do not think that concierge offers us anything worth paying extra for. Regent have been very honest and told us that getting hotels is proving very hit and miss as Regent only want smallish numbers. We will have a private transport to the ship.
However,

Can you swop the one Wi-Fi device from phone to iPad? 
Has anyone done this?
The cost of an extra device $29 per day. I would change our cabins to Concierge if this is not possible.

Thank you.

It's my understanding that the device limit is for concurrent logins, therefore if you're logged in on your phone you'd just need to log out and then log in again on the iPad.  Someone else might be able to confirm this, but we've never had an issue with this (we're Gold and have 4 logins available, and my wife and I have both logged in with iPhones, iPads, laptops, etc. - never had a problem with the number of various devices, just the number logged in at once.

• Like 1

Yes you can swap. I *think* it automatically logs out the old device when you try to log in the new device, but you might have to do it manually.

Check with the internet cafe person. I have heard that sometimes they'll add the extra logins gratis.

Just now, RELS said:

Yes you can swap. I *think* it automatically logs out the old device when you try to log in the new device, but you might have to do it manually.

Check with the internet cafe person. I have heard that sometimes they'll add the extra logins gratis.

I'd heard that too, but didn't want to mention it just in case they'd cracked down on it.

Our friend who we cruised with last February had no issues, and it was their first Regent cruise. And she had to work from the ship. You just can't use 2 devices at the SAME time. 

Confirming that you can't use more than two devices at the same time. If you have four logins, then it's no more than four devices at the same time. 

Thank you all for your quick and helpful replies.

We will go ahead with the two F1suites. We only want the iPad for emails etc and can connect to our phones personal hotspot except in Turkey. We need the ships Wi-Fi for Four days of the cruise.

1 minute ago, welshfamily said:

Thank you all for your quick and helpful replies.

We will go ahead with the two F1suites. We only want the iPad for emails etc and can connect to our phones personal hotspot except in Turkey. We need the ships Wi-Fi for Four days of the cruise.

We have five devices between the two of us, and have never needed more than two logins at the same time. 

On Oceania last year we only had 1 login so we just logged out to let the other log in.  Quite often my OH was able to use 4G on his phone which let me log in more often.

It's a problem that no longer arises on Oceania as 2 logins are now standard.  I was surprised to find Regent still sticking to one login, but since we were concierge it didn’t affect us.

13 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

I'd heard that too, but didn't want to mention it just in case they'd cracked down on it.

The system automatically logs you off your first device when you login with your second device. Occasionally it asks you to identify yourself again when you login but most times it automatically logs you in 

On 9/9/2024 at 1:24 PM, welshfamily said:

We have two F1 superior cabins on hold on the spender. Good position deck 8. We have only been in concierge before on the older ships. We turned silver on the first day of our last cruise and always deviate therefore we do not think that concierge offers us anything worth paying extra for. Regent have been very honest and told us that getting hotels is proving very hit and miss as Regent only want smallish numbers. We will have a private transport to the ship.
However,

Can you swop the one Wi-Fi device from phone to iPad? 
Has anyone done this?
The cost of an extra device $29 per day. I would change our cabins to Concierge if this is not possible.

Thank you.

We are silver. Some time around our cruise in March Silver status folks were granted 4 log ins per cabin regardless of category. We were shocked when thought our F2 cabin only gave us one connection and we signed in prepared to pay for second connection and got it at no charge. IT person told us she had just gotten a memo saying that Silver now gets four connections. We enjoyed it for our 16 night transatlantic. I cannot find anywhere that this granting of four connections for silver is published...can only relate my experience.

1 hour ago, edgee said:

We are silver. Some time around our cruise in March Silver status folks were granted 4 log ins per cabin regardless of category. We were shocked when thought our F2 cabin only gave us one connection and we signed in prepared to pay for second connection and got it at no charge. IT person told us she had just gotten a memo saying that Silver now gets four connections. We enjoyed it for our 16 night transatlantic. I cannot find anywhere that this granting of four connections for silver is published...can only relate my experience.

4 logins used to be a Silver perk. Then it went away, but those of us who were already Silver were grandfathered to keep the perk. Glad to hear they’re offering it again, even if anecdotally. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RELS said:

4 logins used to be a Silver perk. Then it went away, but those of us who were already Silver were grandfathered to keep the perk. Glad to hear they’re offering it again, even if anecdotally. 

Yes, still just an anecdote. The chart currently on website still shows the need to be Gold to get the 4 log ins for cabins below Concierge level.

Now that starlink is being added to all regent ships by the end of the year hopefully similar to what Oceania has done permit at least 2 logins per cabin.  It will help with Regents reputation for inclusions as well as satisfaction for those sailing.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2024 at 7:44 PM, SellaVee said:

On Oceania last year we only had 1 login so we just logged out to let the other log in.  Quite often my OH was able to use 4G on his phone which let me log in more often.

It's a problem that no longer arises on Oceania as 2 logins are now standard.  I was surprised to find Regent still sticking to one login, but since we were concierge it didn’t affect us.

We're grandfathered with four logins (or is that Silver or Gold now, I don't know since we always seem to have four) but I was thinking the same thing - one login is kind of stingy for a luxury cruise line.  Should be a minimum of one per passenger, but two would be better.  I'd think the number of simultaneous logins would be less of an issue that the bandwidth people are consuming, but hey, what do I know?

• Like 1