Double checking if this is correct

newcruzer2

If I buy OBC for someone, it will NOT be visible in their cruise planner. So they won't know for sure it's been post to the cruise until they board.

I also believe, I have read on here that some people had an issue with it not being there once they boarded and they had to produce a hard copy to show customer service on board.

Is the above correct?

This is an interesting topic because up until very recently recently my experience has been that outside OBC, like from a TA or in your case, a pre-purchase did not show up on the account until after embarkation.  However, the last two cruise I've been on with Celebrity, the OBC from my TA showed up in my cruise planner after I made final payment.  I inquired about this with my TA the first time it happened because when I logged into my planner there was $600 that I wasn't expecting.  So the long answer is, I guess it depends.  Since you're gifting OBC, I would call Celebrity and ask when it shows up.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

My friend gifted me OBC for my birthday last week.  The cruise is mid-December.  She gave me a card with the info.  I received an email today verifying the gift and the amount.  The email also included a personalized birthday greeting.

• Like 1

My experience was different than above posts.  Our son gifted us $500 OBC for our anniversary which was to be a surprise.  When we boarded there was a note advising we had this OBC, however the note explaining the gift and it's owner was garbled (messaged at sea from HQ).  We thought it belonged to someone else and didn't want to spend it.  GS couldn't confirm the donor either, just that it was supposed to go to our cabin.  Didn't know until we got home and our son was hinting at a 'gift' and did we receive it.  So the surprise is best rec'd before sailing so thanks will be immediate...LOL.

• Like 1