OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK SEASCAPE SEPTEMBER

morpheusofthesea

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

We skipped Guinness World Records that took over last nights prime time in Le Cabaret Rouge and opted for the Latin Trio in the Uptown Lounge. All the most popular latin favorites like "Oye Como Va" by Santana. Not well attended by English speakers only, we were the only ones. They performed for the 45 minutes we needed to fill for the evening before the Island Party on the One Pool Deck. Left the Island Party to catch a set of BB Jazz Quartet in Loft which was very well attended and for the first time this cruise many got up and danced while the group performed.

That sounds like a wonderful evening and you and DW enjoying every moment of it. 11 days……

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mommapadraig said:

That sounds like a wonderful evening and you and DW enjoying every moment of it. 11 days……

Thanks and so are the rest of the ship. Got up before sunrise and went for a walk on deck 8 promenade and as the sun rose over the Caribbean Sea, we passed by a quiet group of young adults sitting talking that had not yet gone to bed as they were all dressed in their evening white night attire. As the sun rose a little higher in the morning sky, they retired and called it a night to remember themselves.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 4

We were discussing this trip this morning, my bride and me, and how fortunate we are to be able to do this.  "The best laid schemes of mice and men" and all......

We find this itinerary more pleasant as well. Not the ports, though it really does not matter as we do not get off the ship, but just the fact that on this itinerary there are no time changes that screw with our circadian clock.

• Like 5

Can't find any interlopers this cruise. Different group. Don't see any drunks in steerage either. We still have chair hogs in the YC even though I don't think it necessary with all the available lounges. Just those in the shade are being coveted. The bag on the one lounger is a Celebrity bag, which doesn't really explain much, but does remind us of the problem we always had in the Retreat with chair hogs constantly and the hosts not doing a thing about it.

IMG_4222.jpeg

• Like 3

This is suspicious.. We were one of the first up and out just before YC breakfast at 7:30 am seaday and spent a few moments before YC Restaurant opened outside the TSL area outside with all the cushioned lounges and it was dead silent....no crickets... no piped music...Well someone must have woke up and saw us outside and flipped a switch. Music and crickets.

• Like 6

This treatment in the YC is similar to what the super elite get at one of Palm Beaches most exclusive clubs. Every time we come we are even more astounded. Thought that missing some important figures would lessen the YC experience this cruise. Boy were we wrong. Just as good, even better. The staff are all excited about their own futures with MSC. It shows.

DW is shocking me more... she usually starts moaning about its time to go home by day 5 and today she wishes she was on for another week. Go figure...women ???  45 years together (more or less) and I still haven't a clue).

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

We still have chair hogs in the YC even though I don't think it necessary with all the available lounges. Just those in the shade are being coveted.

Soi I am assuming there was no one on the Pool Deck while these chairs went unoccupied but taken?  Was there no Pool Deck Staff around to point this infraction to in and effort to open these chairs up for anyone who might want a seat in the shade?  

DW is shocking me more... she usually starts moaning about its time to go home by day 5 and today she wishes she was on for another week

I am sure if you looked, there is a cabin in YC available and they would be happy, as would I, if you decided to remain aboard for another week.  

. Go figure...women ???  45 years together (more or less) and I still haven't a clue).

51 and counting and I am in the same boat.  I just smile and say "Yes dear" and go about doing what I was told to do. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I am sure if you looked, there is a cabin in YC available and they would be happy, as would I, if you decided to remain aboard for another week.

That is exactly the conversation we were having this afternoon in the TSL with @Best Cat Mom , BSD, and another gentleman. We all have stories of being on board and enquiring about an available YC cabin to stay on board another week and finding MSC wants more than had we booked 2 weeks in the first place.

(Now I expect a dozen stories refuting this).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

51 and counting and I am in the same boat.  I just smile and say "Yes dear" and go about doing what I was told to do.

My DW read something that former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger's wife forbids her husband certain foods and my DW attributes Kissinger's longevity to his wife's tenacity. I don't believe women should have the right to read.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

My DW read something that former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger's wife forbids her husband certain foods and my DW attributes Kissinger's longevity to his wife's tenacity. I don't believe women should have the right to read.

Must have worked because he died last Nov. at age 100.  

• Like 4

At 3:00 pm there is a special Venchi chocolate tasting for $19. For the one time low price of $19 one receives a chocolate boat (regularly priced at $25) and 6 pralines (whatever those are).

Took this photo from one deck above, the set up at Times Square was roped off and chairs rearranged.

IMG_4226.jpeg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Soi I am assuming there was no one on the Pool Deck while these chairs went unoccupied but taken?  Was there no Pool Deck Staff around to point this infraction to in and effort to open these chairs up for anyone who might want a seat in the shade?  

It really did not matter, since it became so hot on the OnePool Deck that everyone abandoned their loungers and jumped into pool instead.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Sure there are cabins available, but at what price ? 

Anyway, you are going to have a fabulous time on board and it will be even more memorable when you meet @Best Cat Mom &BCD. They are a joy to talk to. I am afraid your second week on board will not compare to your first week when they leave you. So do not blame MSC.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Anyway, you are going to have a fabulous time on board and it will be even more memorable when you meet @Best Cat Mom &BCD. They are a joy to talk to. I am afraid your second week on board will not compare to your first week when they leave you. So do not blame MSC.

I am very much looking forward to meeting them and having at least one or two old fashioned and Sidecar's with them  in the TSL. 

I am hopeful it will not be too much of a let down once they leave,  I am sure there is enough alcohol onboard to help me get over any amount of depression that may set in after their departure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Dear Professor, I just had a chance to stop back into the logo store and took a picture of the bathrobes and the towels for sale. Towels $31.50 each, buy two get 20% off.

Just noticed the bathrobe is generic. Will double check the towel as it was folded without the logo and DW is always in a hurry and rushing me when I am scouting for answers for CC. She has all the time in the world for her scouting.

IMG_4203.jpeg

IMG_4206.jpeg

On our Meraviglia cruise a couple of years ago our butler was helping us pack on the last day of the cruise.  He must have been very clumsy sine a couple of YC towels accidentally fell into our suitcase.  Unfortunately we didn't notice this until we arrived home and unpacked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Can't find any interlopers this cruise. Different group. Don't see any drunks in steerage either. We still have chair hogs in the YC even though I don't think it necessary with all the available lounges. Just those in the shade are being coveted. The bag on the one lounger is a Celebrity bag, which doesn't really explain much, but does remind us of the problem we always had in the Retreat with chair hogs constantly and the hosts not doing a thing about it.

IMG_4222.jpeg

That is why we always book a Royal Suite; reserved cabana is a must for me.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chrisgp999 said:

On our Meraviglia cruise a couple of years ago our butler was helping us pack on the last day of the cruise.  He must have been very clumsy sine a couple of YC towels accidentally fell into our suitcase.  Unfortunately we didn't notice this until we arrived home and unpacked.

Don't try to return them without a receipt.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Update...Yes it is a YC logo item. I asked sales clerk if there were any more YC logo items for sale. He didn't know he was just a temporary sales clerk. One has to catch the sales manager to get a knowledgeable answer. Will try tomorrow.

IMG_4207.jpeg

Excellent. I can see my pool loungers swooning over those towels now.  I don’t sail Seashore until November 3rd, so I hope they have them on board for sale as well.  I know you are on Seascape so it might not be the same. 

The shop should require you present your YC wristband to purchase them. 😀

We’re sailing Explora 2 next week and my TA says they have some really smart EJ/America’s Cup merchandise on board. I’ve asked several times to check if there are poster prints for the Barcelona defense, but don’t know the answer yet. I’ve collected America’s Cup posters for 44 years.

1 hour ago, kelleherdl said:

We’re sailing Explora 2 next week 

Heard tonight that the new island being built on Ocean Cay is a pier to accommodate Explora ships. I cannot imagine one mega MSC ship competing with Explora passengers at the same time on the island. If only one ship at a time, why build a second pier?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dock B said:

@morpheusofthesea please clarify if the catered food at the island party included Jell-O shots at the dessert station—LOL; it was difficult to discern in the video!!

If they were, that might explain the “dance of the leis”…

This group would do your “dance of the leis” just drinking Tang. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2