New dining system - experiences onboard

Tomcruise92

When I go to reserve for the SUN- there is a note saying they hold the reservation for 15 minutes.

Some like myself would appreciate being able to book every evening when & where I choose, but I now have 2 evenings that I will just have to do a walk in. The app has not let me reserve and I am elite.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dog said:

When I go to reserve for the SUN- there is a note saying they hold the reservation for 15 minutes.

Some like myself would appreciate being able to book every evening when & where I choose, but I now have 2 evenings that I will just have to do a walk in. The app has not let me reserve and I am elite.

That's odd that you can't book every night like I was able to via the App'.

I also didn't know the tables were held for 15 minutes. Perhaps because we were always punctual, I never bothered to note a "time out".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRLD said:

My undeestanding is that a reservation is canceled after 15 minutes after the scheduled time.

That sounds right. We heard the same thing the night we were late for our reserved time. We completely understood - it was our fault for being late and were expecting we might have to wait for a table or try another dining room - but fortunately they were able to accommodate us. I think it helped that it was already later in the evening nearing 8 pm. 

3 hours ago, Esprit said:

Yes, annoyed! No one told us our table would be given to some one else. 

The fault lay with Princess for having the Captain's gathering set for 7.30 pm. We actually left before he even spoke because we were concerned our waiters may think it rude that we turned up late.

I'm sure you meant no sarcasm in your reply!

Was in Manchester a couple nights ago for a Saturday dinner.  Got a bit lost and arrived 20 minutes late.  Our reservation was given to others waiting in line.  Was politely suggested to call if delayed.

On board ship there are lots of events and they often have multiple venues active at the same time.

5 hours ago, dog said:

Like yourself, my app won't let me reserve any times either. I had to call in order to get what reservations I did finally obtain. This whole reservations using the app shouldn't be allowed until actually on the ship forcing people to call in to Princess. 

Not that I know anything for sure but my thinking is that some people have reserved numerous SD's for the same evening, times and will wait until they're on the ship before making a decision & cancelling. 

32 minutes ago, 555 said:

Like yourself, my app won't let me reserve any times either. I had to call in order to get what reservations I did finally obtain. This whole reservations using the app shouldn't be allowed until actually on the ship forcing people to call in to Princess. 

Not that I know anything for sure but my thinking is that some people have reserved numerous SD's for the same evening, times and will wait until they're on the ship before making a decision & cancelling. 

When I’ve changed my mind and try to book a SD in place of a reservation I have, it tells me I have a conflict and it has not lets me cancel to reserve the new reservation.

So, I don’t think they can double book.

2 hours ago, dog said:

When I’ve changed my mind and try to book a SD in place of a reservation I have, it tells me I have a conflict and it has not lets me cancel to reserve the new reservation.

Agree. Not that I ever would, but the system does not allow you to book two reservations. 

13 hours ago, dog said:

11 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Agree. Not that I ever would, but the system does not allow you to book two reservations. 

I would certainly hope that's the case although I can't say for sure since I can't even make an initial reservation for two people using the app.

The only way I finally did make any reservations was by calling and that took over 8 calls over a period of several weeks.

btw- On 2 of the calls they promised to call me back with a resolution to my problem. (that was 3 weeks ago) LOL 😅 I'm still waiting. 😆

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 555 said:

I would certainly hope that's the case although I can't say for sure since I can't even make an initial reservation for two people using the app.

The only way I finally did make any reservations was by calling and that took over 8 calls over a period of several weeks.

btw- On 2 of the calls they promised to call me back with a resolution to my problem. (that was 3 weeks ago) LOL 😅 I'm still waiting. 😆

I am in personalizer today.  Locked out of app- won’t accept my log in.  Reported many issues- they acknowledge them and do not fix.  Executive assistant said she would call me last Monday to sort out a drink package for us. Never happened.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dog said:

I am in personalizer today.  Locked out of app- won’t accept my log in.  Reported many issues- they acknowledge them and do not fix.  Executive assistant said she would call me last Monday to sort out a drink package for us. Never happened.

They should be held to account for all the times they've told people they will call back with an answer. 

When I told my with they will call us I could see that look.

Not that it makes me feel any better but my TA who is going on the Sun when it reaches the US also can't get any reservations either for SD. They're having a special sailing dedicated to TA's just prior to the regular season. 

14 hours ago, 555 said:

It is not possible to have multiple reservations for the same evening.  If you make a “new” reservation, the system automatically cancels the existing reservation.  You will get a warning that an existing reservation will be canceled if you proceed with the new reservation.  If someone were to cancel a SD reservation within 24 hours of the meal, they would be charged a $10 fee for canceling without sufficient notice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1