Port Everglades Terminal

cbfb

We are on our first Princess cruise in November on Sun. What terminal does Princess use in Port Everglades and is there a parking garage close enough to walk? Appreciate any info. 

41 minutes ago, cbfb said:

We are on our first Princess cruise in November on Sun. What terminal does Princess use in Port Everglades and is there a parking garage close enough to walk? Appreciate any info. 

$20 a day to park at the T2 garage

• Like 1

Perfect! Thank you for your responses! We always park at the terminal even though it’s more expensive.  We like the convenience. I just had no idea where the parking is for anything other than Celebrity. Thanks again! 

1 minute ago, cbfb said:

Perfect! Thank you for your responses! We always park at the terminal even though it’s more expensive.  We like the convenience. I just had no idea where the parking is for anything other than Celebrity. Thanks again! 

it is really convenient at T2 - drop off your luggage with the porter(s) , park, then up to level 5 to cross over to the cruise ship.  

Pro Tip - when disembarking, all at once, the lower levels will be able to get out of the garage first and then upper levels will merge in when they can

Pro Tip 2 - there will be kiosk to pay for the parking

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, voljeep said:

it is really convenient at T2 - drop off your luggage with the porter(s) , park, then up to level 5 to cross over to the cruise ship.  

Pro Tip - when disembarking, all at once, the lower levels will be able to get out of the garage first and then upper levels will merge in when they can

Pro Tip 2 - there will be kiosk to pay for the parking

So I guess the decision is whether to park on the 5th level so you don’t have to wait for elevators down with your luggage or park on the lower level so you don’t have to wait in the traffic!!!  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cbfb said:

You can look up the terminal here

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

Parking information is here

https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/parking/

• Thanks 1

Also note that for Princess, it is faster and easier to enter the port from the north entrance, rather than using the main Eller St. entrance that you use for all the other terminals. 

I don't want to give erroneous directions, but your GPS or any maps app will get you there - Davie Blvd exit off 95, then to 17th St, as I recall, but do check.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Also note that for Princess, it is faster and easier to enter the port from the north entrance, rather than using the main Eller St. entrance that you use for all the other terminals. 

I don't want to give erroneous directions, but your GPS or any maps app will get you there - Davie Blvd exit off 95, then to 17th St, as I recall, but do check.  

Thank you! I definitely didn’t know that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Good point and correct. The Sun will almost certainly sail from Terminal 2 which is best and quite easily accessed by 17th Street to Eisenhower Blvd and not by Eller. Note also that Terminal 2 is pretty much the only Port Everglades terminal where arriving vehicles and passengers don't have to go through port security.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 11:01 AM, cbfb said:

Sun will be at Pier 2 the whole time during the 24/25 season and 25/26 season. The rule for Princess is that the newest ship in port that day gets Pier 2 since that is the Princess specific pier and then the older ship gets either pier 19/21 (free use pier). So if the Sun and Sky were in the port the same day Sun would get Pier 2 and Sky would get Pier 19/21.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Good point and correct. The Sun will almost certainly sail from Terminal 2 which is best and quite easily accessed by 17th Street to Eisenhower Blvd and not by Eller. Note also that Terminal 2 is pretty much the only Port Everglades terminal where arriving vehicles and passengers don't have to go through port security.

I’ve never sailed from this port. Will you please explain the port security procedures. Thank you. 

49 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I’ve never sailed from this port. Will you please explain the port security procedures. Thank you. 

Do you mean as you are coming into the port to board? I think (and others can confirm) that if you are going to Pier 2 you don't go through any Port security. When we've had to go to Pier 21, we had to show our passports to the guard as the taxi went through the gate.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Do you mean as you are coming into the port to board? I think (and others can confirm) that if you are going to Pier 2 you don't go through any Port security. When we've had to go to Pier 21, we had to show our passports to the guard as the taxi went through the gate.

Thank you. Now I understand. 

1 hour ago, WisCruiser2 said:

I remember having to answer a couple questions such as did we have any weapons.