Do TA have flash sales?

catspaw1

Hi all we are on the silhouette TA for November. In previous Celebrity cruises, I always found a great flash sale to upgrade to the premium beverage or restaurant package but on this TA it's only been 5%. Captain club discount is 10% so this isn't great. Do TA not have great flash sales? Last cruise I got the premium package for $9  day plus grats which I did. 

2 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

Hi all we are on the silhouette TA for November. In previous Celebrity cruises, I always found a great flash sale to upgrade to the premium beverage or restaurant package but on this TA it's only been 5%. Captain club discount is 10% so this isn't great. Do TA not have great flash sales? Last cruise I got the premium package for $9  day plus grats which I did. 

All the time, the best is around Black Friday, where some stuff was at 50% , there was 35% at the start of the month 

at the moment it is 5-20% off for the Equinox TA 

My upcoming TA on Apex had a sale that just ended, sort of, for up to 30% off a number of items.  They are still having a sale of 5-10% off drink, WiFi, specialty dining packages.  

There were sales for my November TA months back.  Keep checking but getting close.  

26 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

All the time, the best is around Black Friday, where some stuff was at 50% , there was 35% at the start of the month 

at the moment it is 5-20% off for the Equinox TA 

Ex balancer. I've been checking daily since we booked at final payment & 5% off only. 

Just now, catspaw1 said:

Ex balancer. I've been checking daily since we booked at final payment & 5% off only. 

The 35% off didn't apply to my TA as I checked. That's why I'm wondering why not?

Hi all we are on the silhouette TA for November. In previous Celebrity cruises, I always found a great flash sale to upgrade to the premium beverage or restaurant package but on this TA it's only been 5%.

We're also on a TA in November, and the 'flash' already came and went for that some months ago.  Discounts that were then 30~35% are now 5~10% for the same items as we get closer to embarkation.

9 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

I have to agree that the best sales percentage-wise are to be found during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday time frame. As you said, you won’t be able to benefit from those sales for this sailing, but it’s something to keep in mind for future bookings. 

21 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

The 35% off didn't apply to my TA as I checked. That's why I'm wondering why not?

Maybe because of all of the sea days on a TA people drink more?  Just a thought,

4 minutes ago, ILgirl said:

Maybe because of all of the sea days on a TA people drink more?  Just a thought,

I should have explained this better.  If someone is on a port intensive cruise, they may think the beverage package is not worth buying, that is I’ll only have a few drinks a day so it’s not worth the cost.  Conversely, if someone is looking at 5 or more sea days they make think it is worth buying.  Celebrity may think that more people will buy the drink package for this reason on a TA and hence they don’t need to offer a higher discount to entice the purchase.

32 minutes ago, ILgirl said:

I was about to say the same thing util I read your post. Also they booked at final payment so if they got a discounted price Celebrity is could be trying to compensate with higher prices for the add ons.

Edited by Iamcruzin

17 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

Interesting concept but I definitely don't drink more on a sea day. I usually don't have a drink until late pm. 

That's usually when people drink more, even if it's just soft drinks or specialty coffee.

We have had sales on drink packages, dining packages, and excursions on many TA cruises. Sometimes as much as bogo. Keep watching, and btw your roll call is an excellent place to hear about deals, or post one if you are the first to see it, we check ours every week or so.

Back to the original question... the answer remains "yes".

The current 'flash' list includes the following:

AX - 3/8/2025 - 13 NT BERMUDA & PORTUGAL TRANSATLANTIC

EC - 3/22/2025 - 12 NT BERMUDA & PORTUGAL TRANSATLANTIC

AX - 10/23/2024 - 12 NIGHT WESTERN EUROPE TRANSATLANTIC

AT - 10/26/2024 - 13 NIGHT SPAIN & PORTUGAL TRANSATLANTIC

CS - 11/7/2024 - 14 NIGHT TRANSATLANTIC CRUISE

3 hours ago, canderson said:

Back to the original question... the answer remains "yes".

The current 'flash' list includes the following:

AX - 10/23/2024 - 12 NIGHT WESTERN EUROPE TRANSATLANTIC

AT - 10/26/2024 - 13 NIGHT SPAIN & PORTUGAL TRANSATLANTIC

CS - 11/7/2024 - 14 NIGHT TRANSATLANTIC CRUISE

On the Apex 3/8/25 TA, it looks like the full 13 day SDP is a good deal.  I am almost regretting booking in AQ.  Oh well, not a bad “problem” to have.

Yes! We are on the Ascent TA next month. I got some great sales last year during the Labor Day sale. It was $5.99/day upgrade to premium beverage package, $3.99 upgrade to premium WiFi, got 40% off of some excursions and our Dinner is Eden was a great price.