Should app show packages purchased?

lorri111

My app doesn't show my Plus package for upcoming cruise and I can't remember whether it usually does. And when I went online to Personalizer and went to Packages tab it usually shows the three options with "purchased" next to the Plus option, now it doesn't show anything and even when I click on it it just says click to learn more but no option to upgrade to Plus or Premiere. Do they cut off access to upgrading 10 days out? I wouldn't have worried but I would like it to say "purchased" against my Plus option.

8 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

When I click on View Packages in the app, the next screen shows that I have Princess Plus.

Does it say Princess Plus with a blue box next to it saying "UPGRADE"  I was thinking this was the button you press to upgrade but if I do it just says there was an error processing the request. So it is telling me I have an upgrade not inviting me to upgrade?

Edited by lorri111

Yes, that is what it shows. There’s probably a glitch in the system. If it’s not too close to your cruise time, you should be able to click and upgrade. My guess is with the changes that have been made to Princess Premier you will probably have to call-in if you want to upgrade or call your TA if you have one. 

• Like 1

Just now, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Yes, that is what it shows. There’s probably a glitch in the system. If it’s not too close to your cruise time, you should be able to click and upgrade. My guess is with the changes that have been made to Princess Premier you will probably have to call-in if you want to upgrade or call your TA if you have one. 

Not looking to upgrade just wondered why it wasn't available. As long as the blue "upgrade" box is telling me I have already upgraded, not inviting me to upgrade to something it thinks i haven't got, that's fine

8 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

It is showing that you have Princess Plus and that blue button is supposed to be able to work if you want to click on it and upgrade to Princess Premier.

Odd that it doesn't allow access to Premier upgrade (not that I want it), but i guess its just another glitch. Thanks for confirming about Plus status! I do wonder why the website doesn't say under Packages that I am Plus though.

Edited by lorri111
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Does your travel Summary show correctly,  as that's the most important one...

Should list each portion of Plus as a line item..

Yes, it does, I checked that. I figure that is enough but don't like inconsistencies related to stuff like this!

1 hour ago, lorri111 said:

Not looking to upgrade just wondered why it wasn't available. As long as the blue "upgrade" box is telling me I have already upgraded, not inviting me to upgrade to something it thinks i haven't got, that's fine

I cruise in about 20 days.  Still getting emails and app offers to upgrade to plus which I purchased months ago.  

18 minutes ago, negn said:

Leaving in October.  Already have Plus but when you try and upgrade unable to do so.   May have something to do with availability of special dining.?

Do you get message "there was an error while processing your request?"?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lorri111 said:

Odd that it doesn't allow access to Premier upgrade (not that I want it), but i guess its just another glitch. Thanks for confirming about Plus status! I do wonder why the website doesn't say under Packages that I am Plus though.

You’re welcome. Enjoy your cruise! 

On 9/16/2024 at 5:26 AM, negn said:

Leaving in October.  Already have Plus but when you try and upgrade unable to do so.   May have something to do with availability of special dining.?

Are you trying to upgrade from Plus to Premier? If so you will need to contact your TA/CVP or call the 800 number, whichever is appropriate. I know this because I tried to do it without involving my TA and was told by the  800 number it had to go through my TA. You cannot do it on the app.

2 minutes ago, coopco said:

Are you trying to upgrade from Plus to Premier? If so you will need to contact your TA/CVP or call the 800 number, whichever is appropriate. I know this because I tried to do it without involving my TA and was told by the  800 number it had to go through my TA. You cannot do it on the app.

No, just wondered why the website didn't say I had purchased Plus and didn't seem to allow any upgrades at all

29 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

No, just wondered why the website didn't say I had purchased Plus and didn't seem to allow any upgrades at all

Normally when I want to double check that’s it’s correct, I go to the cruise personalizer and if it says my gratuities have been paid as part of the promotion, I know I have Plus. And if I paid for Premier, the app should allow me to book two (or unlimited) specialty dinings at no charge.

• Like 1