New Princess Money Grabber Water Package Now $24.00

hpeabody

6 minutes ago, TRLD said:

You keep making that claim about the gratuity not going to the crew while providing absolutely no proof in spite of US accouting regulations, which the cruise.lines must follow in SEC filing that require that all except for actual credit card processing fees on amounts paid by credit card must go to the crew that are members of the pool by contract.

It's their money and they can do what they want with it.  It's their mind and they can believe what they've want to believe.  This argument keeps coming up and it never changes anyone's mind.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

It's their money and they can do what they want with it.  It's their mind and they can believe what they've want to believe.  This argument keeps coming up and it never changes anyone's mind.

Sure they can do what they want, never said that they could not.

It is their claim and the spread of misinformation that i am respondimg to. Will not change their mind but may provide others with more information for them to make an informed decision.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRLD said:

It is their claim and the spread of misinformation that i am respondimg to. Will not change their mind but may provide others with more information for them to make an informed decision.

Sometimes it's better to ignore.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Sometimes it's better to ignore.

We will have to disagree about that. Incorrect information that has 5he potential to negatively impact others (in this case the crew and the funds they receive) it shoyld be challenged whenever it appears.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TRLD said:

Except theyhave stated that their goal is to reduce the use of single use plastics on board. Many other lines have done the same, and have also taken the next step and changed on board water sales from plastic to metal bottles or cartons.

If Princess was really serious about reducing single use plastics, then they would set an example by selling cans or cartons.  I would think any plastic bottles brought by passengers would be a small fraction of their onboard sales.  We take it a step further.  We just bring reusable containers and fill from the water stations.  

A cruiseline like NCL is another story.  They are clearly all about protecting revenue.  They absolutely won't let you bring any beverages in any container.  And they won't allow passengers to refill bottles at the water stations.  They say it is for passenger safety, and this was before COVID. Come on.  Every airport has public stations to fill your water bottles.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lou33 said:

If Princess was really serious about reducing single use plastics, then they would set an example by selling cans or cartons.  I would think any plastic bottles brought by passengers would be a small fraction of their onboard sales.  We take it a step further.  We just bring reusable containers and fill from the water stations.  

A cruiseline like NCL is another story.  They are clearly all about protecting revenue.  They absolutely won't let you bring any beverages in any container.  And they won't allow passengers to refill bottles at the water stations.  They say it is for passenger safety, and this was before COVID. Come on.  Every airport has public stations to fill your water bottles.  

I expect that they will change to alternatives to plastic soon. Other cruise lines and other CCL owned brands already have. Princess is one of the last lines to do so.

As far as refilling. Unless it is a water station design to refill bottles, one should fill a glass and then pour the water into the bottle.  One should not fill a water bottle directly from a water station design to fill glasses. Too much change of physical comtact between mount of bottle and fill station.

Edited by TRLD
  • Like 1

• CC Help Michell changed the title to New Princess Money Grabber Water Package Now $24.00
16 hours ago, hawk/hornfan said:

As someone who spent 22 years in plastics industry, bottled water is the biggest scam known to mankind, but as always IMHO. It is horrible for environment & a big polluter. And very few markets that still buy recycled plastics.

I hope this encourages people to reuse containers versus buying and discarding all the plastic bottles. This would also mean that Princess doesn't have to deal with all the plastic waste and associated costs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

We get Plus or Premier and always will. This doesn't affect us at all.

Coming soon to a Princess ship near you!

"Sorry but you only get one free casual meal per sailing now on the Plus Package. If you want more, you can always upgrade to the Premier Package tho".

"Oh, sorry for the inconvenience but you only get one free wifi device per cabin now with Plus. If you want more you can always upgrade to the Premier package tho".

"We apologize but Specialty coffees are free for only the first one each day per person with Plus. You can always upgrade to the Premier package tho where its unlimited"

"OceanNow now has a small fee of $9.95 per cabin per sailing if you have the Plus package. You can always upgrade to the Premier package tho where its free for the entire length of your cruise"

7 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Coming soon to a Princess ship near you!

"Sorry but you only get one free casual meal per sailing now on the Plus Package. If you want more, you can always upgrade to the Premier Package tho".

"Oh, sorry for the inconvenience but you only get one free wifi device per cabin now with Plus. If you want more you can always upgrade to the Premier package tho".

"We apologize but Specialty coffees are free for only the first one each day per person with Plus. You can always upgrade to the Premier package tho where its unlimited"

"OceanNow now has a small fee of $9.95 per cabin per sailing if you have the Plus package. You can always upgrade to the Premier package tho where its free for the entire length of your cruise"

Things do change which is why we have prepaid for the Plus package for our next 8 cruises through May 2026. When they change packages they have always honored the plans that were paid for

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tothemall&beyond said:

People who are upset about the bottles water price increase are probably not people who buy the Plus or Premier packages. If you have one of those packages, why would you pay additional for water when it's included?

I actually did buy it at the $7 price point even with a package just because it was so cheap and it was nice to have a stash in the room on day 1. 

I'm well aware of steps I can take to get water and they're not that hard, and quite frankly I do those things too as the 12 pack is not enough for the whole trip it was just nice to have a starter stock just waiting for me when I got there. 

I have no problem with the price increase, it makes sense, but I probably won't do it at the $24 price point though.  I would never argue it's that difficult to get the included water but at $7 I just didn't care.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Plastic bottles of water are allowed as long as they are unopened. Same goes for soda, I bring the six pack of plastic bottled diet coke without problems as long as they are carried on and unopened. I will never buy an alcohol package since it's cheaper to pay for a glass of wine here and there and I reduce my gratuity to $10 PP PD. I pay the half off rate for the internet and this is hundreds less expensive then the over priced packages and inflated gratuity which I know doesn't all go to the crew. 

The packages are very economical (I'd dare say a "bargain") relative to the other major cruise lines, but regardless, congrats and all good on navigating the best value for your cruising. 

I'm assuming that others do the same as you...and that's why Princess is turning the screws tighter to try to change behavior and find revenue here and there to meet increased costs.  One outcome: higher bottled water costs.

Market capitalism is a beautiful thing.

at our local, Publix, this morning ... bogo free - Zephyrhills water , Princess case (12) - $4.99

Art of Cooper Cab - bogo free - $17.99

Alfredos - was free, now charge

Water $7 to $24

what's the next current 'bargain' on Princess to go?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

at our local, Publix, this morning ... bogo free - Zephyrhills water , Princess case (12) - $4.99

Water $7 to $24

Anything and everything non package passengers want: Ocean Now, room service, medallion delivery

Next- elite might be charged for minibar set delivery fee, afternoon tea fee, laundry fee for  faster turn around, etc.

I did the math for my 7 day and will purchase plus with my oBC on board, but my 15 day will go with Standard.

share one wifi device, refill water bottles, carryon 12 sodas , wine pp ( if still allowed), pizza on Lido, OBC for crew appreciation.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Water $7 to $24

You can’t compare retail and restaurant prices. If you order bottle water in most sit down restaurants it will cost you more than $2. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, memoak said:

You can’t compare retail and restaurant prices. If you order bottle water in most sit down restaurants it will cost you more than $2. 

totally agree - just trying to point out what a great deal it was at $7 for 12 bottles - marketplace prices almost - now retail restaurant prices

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2024 at 10:33 PM, SCX22 said:

The regular sized bottled water is $2 each onboard.  Unless Princess is raised the price onboard, doesn't make sense to pre purchase water.  You don't save anything.

Princess might want to rethink this one because it's been reported on this board that some with packages still like to pre purchase bottled water out of convenience.  At $24 for 12, can't see anyone with a package wanting to pre-purchase at this price.  If you get them at a bar with a package, it's already included.

I haven't cruised Princess yet, but it seems to me that the price of a bottle of water has not increased at all, just the price of a 12 pack delivered to the cabin.  Can't see what all the fuss is about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JGmf said:

The packages are very economical (I'd dare say a "bargain") relative to the other major cruise lines, but regardless, congrats and all good on navigating the best value for your cruising. 

I'm assuming that others do the same as you...and that's why Princess is turning the screws tighter to try to change behavior and find revenue here and there to meet increased costs.  One outcome: higher bottled water costs.

Market capitalism is a beautiful thing.

I suspect those that do not buy packages, bring soft drinks and water on board, and are upset over a price change for water like this, are not exactly in what the cruise line considers to be its target market.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, TRLD said:

I suspect those that do not buy packages, bring soft drinks and water on board, and are upset over a price change for water like this, are not exactly in what the cruise line considers to be its target market.

They seem to complain so much. There are other ways go spend their vacation money. Maybe they should explore those.

Good luck buying a bottle of water at a hotel for under $2.

Princess wants people who spend money to book cruises. Not penny pinchers on a standard fare. 

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dog said:

Anything and everything non package passengers want: Ocean Now, room service, medallion delivery

Next- elite might be charged for minibar set delivery fee, afternoon tea fee, laundry fee for  faster turn around, etc.

I did the math for my 7 day and will purchase plus with my oBC on board, but my 15 day will go with Standard.

share one wifi device, refill water bottles, carryon 12 sodas , wine pp ( if still allowed), pizza on Lido, OBC for crew appreciation.

Just about anything that Princess does lately is geared to drive people to purchase their package. 

Carrying on water is not something I care to do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

They seem to complain so much. There are other ways go spend their vacation money. Maybe they should explore those.

Good luck buying a bottle of water at a hotel for under $2.

Princess wants people who spend money to book cruises. Not penny pinchers on a standard fare. 

Ha! ha!

Got me!!!

• Haha 1

Wow! This is so disappointing to read this news. What an incredible rip off! First they more than double the price of the Internet package, and now more than triple the cost for the water package. This all seems a blatant attempt to push people to the packages.

We have consistently avoided purchasing the package because we drink very little alcohol - mostly water and sodas. So we have really appreciated how nice and cost effective it has been to preorder the water and soda package for our stateroom.

No more! I'm going to book the soda package for our cruise next April today and lock in the price before they raise that too. I imagine that is next!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

Wow! This is so disappointing to read this news. What an incredible rip off! First they more than double the price of the Internet package, and now more than triple the cost for the water package. This all seems a blatant attempt to push people to the packages.

We have consistently avoided purchasing the package because we drink very little alcohol - mostly water and sodas. So we have really appreciated how nice and cost effective it has been to preorder the water and soda package for our stateroom.

No more! I'm going to book the soda package for our cruise next April today and lock in the price before they raise that too. I imagine that is next!

Like I said before I prepay all packages etc to avoid up charges even a year or more out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

I would argue otherwise.  Princess is still looking for penny-pinchers.  They keep adding and adding to their packages and only minimally raising the prices.  As of recent, they add unlimited SD to their Premier package.  They have to keep draw attention to how much value is in their packages.  IMO, they are trying to lure others from competitor cruise lines to Princess through their cheaper value package pricing. 

• Like 1