Epic dry dock canceled for May 2025?

angela miller

Our family is scheduled on a NCL Epic  cruise in August 2025. I purposely booked this after seeing that the Epic was going to drydock the end of May through 1 June 2025. As of today, I’m seeing that cruises are now open on the Epic end of May. On cruise mapper is now showing that the Epic is going to dry dock in November 2025. Very disappointed but what you gonna do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, angela miller said:

Our family is scheduled on a NCL Epic  cruise in August 2025. I purposely booked this after seeing that the Epic was going to drydock the end of May through 1 June 2025. As of today, I’m seeing that cruises are now open on the Epic end of May. On cruise mapper is now showing that the Epic is going to dry dock in November 2025. Very disappointed but what you gonna do.

If you don’t like it you have plenty of time to cancel and book something else. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, angela miller said:

Who would not want new carpets and upgrades on new venues. Previous reviews have said that the epic was in need of an upgrade and I was looking forward to that.

Why would you think a dry dock would get new carpets and venue upgrades. It might, but it is not a foregone conclusion that carpets are changed. I was on Epic this past spring and it was in great shape. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, angela miller said:

The Epic is doing the drydock mid April 2025 until May 8 2025. We are scheduled to be on the transatlantic prior to the drydock.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, angela miller said:

I too would be disappointed. However I think Candygirl is correct.

6 hours ago, zqvol said:

Why would you think a dry dock would get new carpets and venue upgrades. It might, but it is not a foregone conclusion that carpets are changed. I was on Epic this past spring and it was in great shape. 

We sailed on the Epic right after her 2015 dry dock (when she was only 5 years old). They demo'ed all of the flooring in all public areas, and rebuilt most public areas from the ground up. 

image.jpeg.f33815bebbbf263a554beec832e5839e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.60b33d93a482783a32ff45e9be09b80c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.de93aca24d5b6dec7b7291f383f4ecee.jpeg

image.thumb.png.addfc47e44f799a3aed57b465498b66e.png

image.thumb.png.3f56bc52775a80ff30abcf17bec94788.pngimage.thumb.png.737aa88069ebbf5ebcff46d202d068b6.png

• Like 4