Retreat question

Vineyard View

I tried to find n answer to this. We are interested in possibly booking the retreat - we are sailing late March/Early April in the Mediterranean. Hopefully weather will cooperate, but what happens of you reserve a day, and it turns into a rainy, and maybe even cold day?  How does SB handle that scenario please? 

11 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I tried to find n answer to this. We are interested in possibly booking the retreat - we are sailing late March/Early April in the Mediterranean. Hopefully weather will cooperate, but what happens of you reserve a day, and it turns into a rainy, and maybe even cold day?  How does SB handle that scenario 

IMG_7681.jpeg

Edited by galeforce9

I believe you have to cancel at least 24 hrs before much like an excursion.    We have always booked for the voyage and have never had a full rainy day on a crossing or in tropical environs.   A passing rain shower was not much of a problem as you have a covered area for seating with a sofa, TV, and refrigerator.

If you book the Retreat for a day/odd days, if you cancel up to 24 hours before you will not be charged or receive a refund if paid before cruise.

If you book a package ie 14 days - if you cancel a day with at least 24 hours notice you will not be charged for that day BUT will forfit the package price and be charged as individual days for the days you attend.

We always book packages - the first few days on a Hong Kong to Singapore cruise were very cold . People tried Retreat with the robes and blankets for a couple of hours but too cold. On discussion we decided better to keep the package with no cancellations (much cheaper than being charged for days attended price/spa credit) and just called at the Retreat each of the three days and obtained the unopened bottle of Champagne.

Do you have to wait until you are on the ship to book The Retreat?  Or, can you book it ahead of time.  We have never really considered booking it at all and haven't. gone on a warm weather cruise in a few years.  But, we might consider trying the Retreat.  I am just a bit intrigued.  

45 minutes ago, SLSD said:

Do you have to wait until you are on the ship to book The Retreat?  Or, can you book it ahead of time.  We have never really considered booking it at all and haven't. gone on a warm weather cruise in a few years.  But, we might consider trying the Retreat.  I am just a bit intrigued.  

No you don’t have to wait until onboard. Click into a booking - there is an icon saying Retreat.

It gives an option/price for sea day /

port day and package price. You click into which you want and if choosing a single day pick date. You then input card details to book - it will be charged at that point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SLSD said:

Sounds like I’ve tempted you!!

3 hours ago, galeforce9 said:

Sounds like I’ve tempted you!!

I thought it wasn't possible, but you have!!  I also saw the photos you posted in that other social media group.  I've always trusted your reports here.  

By the way, we are STILL thinking about our day outside of Kirkwall in the Orkney Islands.  

• Thanks 1