**Live** MSC Seascape 9/21-9/28 & 9/28-10/5 Caribbean Cruise

DaKahuna

27 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

It’s on this menu.  Not sure how often the menu’s change but it was a very good tasting dish. 

IMG_3118.thumb.jpeg.6d668e4aa60071e8945347cb434a64c8.jpeg

Thanks. I know why I missed it. Due to an allergy I never look at the pasta choices. I’m thinking about ordering it without the ravioli! The broth looks wonderful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

Thanks. I know why I missed it. Due to an allergy I never look at the pasta choices. I’m thinking about ordering it without the ravioli! The broth looks wonderful.

The broth was very good.  The pieces of lobster were spread throughout the sauce. 

• Like 1

My wife’s breakfast arrived as ordered.  She’s happy.

IMG_3153.thumb.jpeg.4ea0ea617c7f477b78b81c901f412811.jpeg

Breakfast this morning consisted of a toasted bagel, cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers and onions.  

IMG_3154.thumb.jpeg.9fcdf000b14b58afe2101dd178c4a59c.jpeg

and some scrambled eggs and bacon.

IMG_3155.thumb.jpeg.b869814fee9a3c46e7eb9abf44982c98.jpeg

And look who as making his way around the restaurant talking with guest.  

He stopped by my table and we exchanged a few sentences but he’s been talking with these three ladies for over 10 minutes.  He’s very personable and seems to be a delightful person. 

IMG_3156.thumb.jpeg.09ea4e196fc3a788a719d616dab00634.jpeg

• Like 2

That first Holiday Coffee’s was so good, I am now having another.

IMG_3158.thumb.jpeg.df3221ecbc6599bf771d9c297c04320b.jpeg

This time from the comfort of our room.

was fun watching the birds flying around the side of the ship diving into the water occasionally to grab a small fish or to see one snatch a flying fish that came up above the surface of the waves.

it’s like the birds know the ships bow wave will cause smaller fish to come closer to the surface or to ‘jump’ out of the water.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

That first Holiday Coffee’s was so good, I am now having another.

IMG_3158.thumb.jpeg.df3221ecbc6599bf771d9c297c04320b.jpeg

This time from the comfort of our room.

was fun watching the birds flying around the side of the ship diving into the water occasionally to grab a small fish or to see one snatch a flying fish that came up above the surface of the waves.

it’s like the birds know the ships bow wave will cause smaller fish to come closer to the surface or to ‘jump’ out of the water.

I have to write down the ingredients. I’m not sure if I went to the top sail and asked for @Best Cat Mom ‘s holiday coffee they’ll know what I mean!

6 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

I have to write down the ingredients. I’m not sure if I went to the top sail and asked for @Best Cat Mom ‘s holiday coffee they’ll know what I mean!

If you are on this cruise or next week’s they’ll know.  The current morning bartender, Kassandra, is leaving when we reach Miami for Turn Around Day but I have already verified that at least one other person in the TSL knows how to make them correctly.   After that I can’t promise anything.  But as I have done with other drinks, write the recipe and directions down and they’ll do their best to make it. 

It worked for me with my Zacapa Old Fashioned, that I like made a little different than a normal old fashioned. 

P.s. I think it her husband, BCD, that created the drink but don’t hold me to that. 

Edited by DaKahuna

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

If you are on this cruise or next week’s they’ll know.  The current morning bartender, Kassandra, is leaving when we reach Miami for Turn Around Day but I have already verified that at least one other person in the TSL knows how to make them correctly.   After that I can’t promise anything.  But as I have done with other drinks, write the recipe and directions down and they’ll do their best to make it. 

It worked for me with my Zacapa Old Fashioned, that I like made a little different than a normal old fashioned. 

P.s. I think it her husband, BCD, that created the drink but don’t hold me to that. 

We are on Maraviglia  next week

39 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I think it her husband, BCD, that created the drink but don’t hold me to that.

@Best cat Dad did indeed perfect the recipe and he is the one that "teaches" our MSC bartenders how to make them. However, we both drink them and are having our second round of the day right now.

• Like 1

Hi John!  I am so sorry for my extreme tardiness to this party.  I have plowed through page one.  Looking forward to reading through the rest of your trip report and reliving my week in YC on board Seascape vicariously through you.

And I also see that after yours I will have the trip report from @Best Cat Mom to catch up on.  Yay!

This will all be a welcome diversion from the approaching Hurricane Helene and my long 289 day wait until I embark a cruise ship again.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Stem to Stern I was a little jealous of your recent cruise until I remembered you were on an Edge class ship.  I am not a fan.

You may want to start woth @Best Cat Mom review as she embarked a week before we got here.  Her and her husband will be leaving when the ship arrives in Miami on Saturday while my wife and I will be staying aboard for another week. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Now we live in Virginia which is close enough to the People’s Republic of Maryland that we know a good crab cake when we taste one.  Well, MSC are not bad but as I said in my Divina revive, Maryland has nothing to worry about with regards to their title of having the best crab cakes.  Don’t get me wrong, it was not bad but it did not have the flavor or texture of an authentic Maryland Crab cake

My DH and I are traveling to Maryland, with a stop for a few days in Virginia Beach soon. Any recommendations? We'll also be in Ocean City, MD and Baltimore a few days.

The white party looked like fun. After 3 YC cruises, I don't recall ever seeing any parties by the pool or lounge. Just the typical musicians that were "quieter". 

Lunch today was in Butcher’s Cut.  This was the secod of our two meal dining package we purchased pre cruise.

They brought out the bread basket and I had a cheese bread and my DW had one and one of something else.  First time this cruise we’ve had bread before our meal.

IMG_3159.thumb.jpeg.007a2fa5bbbcea47d7ebeff6a68de2ae.jpeg

for our starters my wife had the Caesar’s Salad

IMG_3160.thumb.jpeg.f171311366efa25547af007904c22a15.jpeg

and I had the chopped salad and the Foue develed eggs.

IMG_3162.thumb.jpeg.68bf7636e22e233c5c22f3fd6ddf34b0.jpegIMG_3161.thumb.jpeg.d135fa3c5e714be1ccba8f09f0ef0363.jpeg

For her main course my DW went with the filet with asparagus and Brussels sprouts.

IMG_3165.thumb.jpeg.f2cf786e004e9b851e6ad5624f81b122.jpeg

and I had the double cut lamb chops with the mashed potatoes (more creamed than mashed) 

IMG_3167.thumb.jpeg.1bd0bc1a0a4149e966eae3baa41bbc0f.jpeg

IMG_3168.thumb.jpeg.44ccc16ba14b15262d69efa256fb06d7.jpeg

We paired our main course with a Merlot.

IMG_3164.thumb.jpeg.93d4806dd90e73685d98ebd2b652b41c.jpeg

For dessert we both went with the Banana Date Pudding.

IMG_3169.thumb.jpeg.d141b648651e15133b060b17b7e0a0ea.jpeg

We both left completely stuffed and we did not finish a single meal item. 

Oh, here are the sauces they provide with the steaks.

IMG_3166.jpeg

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Hi John!  I am so sorry for my extreme tardiness to this party.  I have plowed through page one.  Looking forward to reading through the rest of your trip report and reliving my week in YC on board Seascape vicariously through you.

And I also see that after yours I will have the trip report from @Best Cat Mom to catch up on.  Yay!

This will all be a welcome diversion from the approaching Hurricane Helene and my long 289 day wait until I embark a cruise ship again.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Though I am still catching up on your latest cruise, it's so nice to see you pop in on the MSC board!  And speaking of Miss Helene, she's currently dumping a deluge in my back yard making my abysmal satellite internet even more abysmal.  I have lots of catching up to do between outages!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrsFops&FopsC5 said:

Will be on Seaside YC and the Holiday Coffee looks so good, could you please share ingredients.   Thank you.  Love following the string!

I believe it is the following:

coffee

baileys

kahlua

coconut rum

I've written it down as well but it's not in front of me at the moment.  My questions:  Is this shaken over ice and then served over ice?  and how do they get it so frothy?

2 hours ago, mnpurple said:

My DH and I are traveling to Maryland, with a stop for a few days in Virginia Beach soon. Any recommendations? We'll also be in Ocean City, MD and Baltimore a few days.

I am sorry to say I cannot be of much help since we live in Northern VA and closer to Washington DC.  We know very little to nothing about VA Beach, Baltimore, and or Ocean City. 

2 hours ago, mnpurple said:

The white party looked like fun. After 3 YC cruises, I don't recall ever seeing any parties by the pool or lounge. Just the typical musicians that were "quieter". 

The white party is normally held on the main  pool deck.  This party was called the Beach Party and is a YC thing.  It is normally held on Gala Night at the One Pool Deck but it was raining last night so the party was moved indoors.

I am trying but cannot remember if it was held on our Divina Cruise or not last February. 

11 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I believe it is the following:

coffee

baileys

kahlua

coconut rum

I've written it down as well but it's not in front of me at the moment.  My questions:  Is this shaken over ice and then served over ice?  and how do they get it so frothy?

Those are the ingredients.

Instead of being shaken they use an electric stirrer like you see in fast food restaurants to make milkshakes.  Once blended it is served over ice.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

MSC’s version of High Tea was held in the TSL this afternoon starting at 1530.  

IMG_3175.thumb.jpeg.38c5587d84a38bafdc23894d2109feb7.jpeg

IMG_3176.thumb.jpeg.e5176c1471d39241822ef5a88eeda71b.jpeg

IMG_3177.thumb.jpeg.93372684936ce092fb7011f245fc36ef.jpeg

IMG_3178.thumb.jpeg.d412b3616794a8c9abb0f72614f940a0.jpeg

and to time your tea, they had one of these on each table

IMG_3179.thumb.jpeg.95b68c571dc988888c76f373a4bd7606.jpeg

I thought the scones were good.

IMG_3181.thumb.jpeg.888f55ecb322912c208eaab5b7435d83.jpeg

Curious minds want to know - did you apply the clotted cream first and then the jam, or, jam first and then the clotted cream.  Apparently there are two very entrenched factions in the UK regarding this procedure.