Trying to Understand this detail from the New Program Your World Included.

ORV

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

ORV, thank you for your post. Yes, I did understand how you stated the question.
From a logic perspective, both conditions must be met for simply more to not apply.

Perhaps if I avoided a double negative it might be easier to understand. Simply more applies until both of the conditions are met (condition 1 AND condition 2). Meaning, the new booking must be made after September 30 AND the cruise must embark after December 31. Until both conditions are met, simply more will apply.

I was hoping we would hear from @JanCruz1 ……

I actually disagree with your logic. But it's all semantics and just some time wasting 😁.  I wonder how many people this would actually affect?

I read it as SM is done for all cruises book on or after October 1st.  The new program will be for cruises booked on or after Oct 1st AND taken after January 1st.  The 2 conditions are for the prepaid gratuities, not for SM.  Cruises booked after Oct 1st but taken in 2024 would get nothing but cruise fare and miss out on both SM and included gratuities. 

The great thing is we can all agree O needs to  write better press releases. 

And I also apologize because this post wasn't worth the time you spent to read it 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Yesimapirate said:

I actually disagree with your logic. But it's all semantics and just some time wasting 😁.  I wonder how many people this would actually affect?

I read it as SM is done for all cruises book on or after October 1st.  The new program will be for cruises booked on or after Oct 1st AND taken after January 1st.  The 2 conditions are for the prepaid gratuities, not for SM.  Cruises booked after Oct 1st but taken in 2024 would get nothing but cruise fare and miss out on both SM and included gratuities. 

And I also apologize because this post wasn't worth the time you spent to read it 😜

I appreciate your post! Especially this part:

So true!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ORV said:

The updated inclusions will begin on bookings made on or after October 1, 2024, for all new reservations on sailings departing on or after January 1, 2025. 

Ok, What happens if I book a cruise on Oct 2, 2024 that sails on Dec 5, 2024 or any date between then and Dec 31st 2024?

Maybe I'm missing something simple, but I'm not getting this. 

Think about it this way. If Simply More ceased to exist for ALL bookings made on or after October 1, 2024 then why would they need to add the next line? That additional line is to clarify that the period you have in question for Oct-Dec 2024 bookings would retain the Simply More benefits.

1 minute ago, WonderMan3 said:

Think about it this way. If Simply More ceased to exist for ALL bookings made on or after October 1, 2024 then why would they need to add the next line? That additional line is to clarify that the period you have in question for Oct-Dec 2024 bookings would retain the Simply More benefits.

Perhaps, but you’re wrong. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

We will know next week.  Personally, I lean towards your thinking.  If you are wrong, I wonder if the 4th quarter bookings would then include gratuities instead.  What will be the impact on the price for the 4th Quarter and 2025.

• Like 1

I think we have some posts happening here that don't understand the original question and keep obfuscating it with non-pertinent information. 

A. Of course any booking made prior to Oct 1st 2024 will have Simply More during 4th quarter 24, unless it was made prior to Sept 1 2023, then it will have one of the Olife options or nothing. 

B. Jan has already stated that any new booking after 11/1/24 that sails during 4th quarter 24 will not have Simply More, but a new promo. 

C. Any booking made during 4th quarter 24 and sailing after 1/1/25 will have gratuities. 

Everything else seems to just be noise. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

I think we have some posts happening here that don't understand the original question and keep obfuscating it with non-pertinent information. 

A. Of course any booking made prior to Oct 1st 2024 will have Simply More during 4th quarter 24, unless it was made prior to Sept 1 2023, then it will have one of the Olife options or nothing. 

B. Jan has already stated that any new booking after 11/1/24 that sails during 4th quarter 24 will not have Simply More, but a new promo. 

C. Any booking made during 4th quarter 24 and sailing after 1/1/25 will have gratuities. 

Everything else seems to just be noise. 

Whew I knew you would understand..

Jancuz1

• Like 1