Ocean Cay schedule available?

Elkins45

You could start a mock booking by selecting the range of days/dates of your cruise .. see what other ship(s) are cruising at the same time .. and check if the itineraries overlap on the same days in Ocean Cay.

It’s not a 1-click solution but doable.

7 hours ago, Elkins45 said:

My understanding is that they can dock two.

Not yet- there are rumors they are working on that, but it's nothing that is happening now or anytime in the immediate future. Even looking at Cruisemapper, only one ship is scheduled there all the way through 2025 as of now. 

Edited by Scottdalfonso
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Not yet- there are rumors they are working on that, but it's nothing that is happening now or anytime in the immediate future. Even looking at Cruisemapper, only one ship is scheduled there all the way through 2025 as of now. 

That's what I thought so I was confused by the OP's question. I know there were a lot of recent renovations at Ocean Cay this year but never any mention of expanding the dock to support two ships at the same time.

4 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

They are making improvements so that the World America can dock there.  No where has anyone said anything about two ships there simultaneously.  The island could not handle that, nor could the Yacht Club beach.  

Someone from MSC told me that when I was there on the Divina. 

4 minutes ago, Elkins45 said:

Someone from MSC told me that when I was there on the Divina. 

I was on Ocean Cay shortly after opening and had the opportunity to talk to a MSC representative (executive ?) while having coffee in the TSL. He told me about MCS’s plans to build Ocean Cay for 2 ships .. one ship (Seaside Class) and one ship (Fantasia, Musica Class) docking at the same time.

He added that MSC is thinking about a small water park on Ocean Cay.

It’s years ago that I had the conversation .. before WE and WA were built.

I can see the problems of overcrowding of Ocean Cay and the challenge of building additional docking.

I guess things have changed or put on hold.

There is plenty of underutilized beach at Ocean Cay and it could easily support two ships, as long as the second was an Armonia or Musica class without YC.  They would have to add more amenities in those areas, such as food trucks, cabana rental and other items.  There are bars and restroom facilities.  EM

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

They are making improvements so that the World America can dock there.  No where has anyone said anything about two ships there simultaneously.  The island could not handle that, nor could the Yacht Club beach.  

Multiple people have posted that crew have told them that is the plan... building it out for World America, but would be able to handle two of the smaller class ships eventually.