So who is getting ready to book for 2026/27?

gordylad

10 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Since you have an aversion to IV cabins, I am guessing you snagged an SV to see Norway from.

I am not seeing any SVs for my cruise.  It will have to be a IV.  🙂   I will have to get out on the balcony in my IV 🙂   

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I am not seeing any SVs for my cruise.  It will have to be a IV.  🙂   I will have to get out on the balcony in my IV 🙂   

We suffer so much just to go cruising....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

That is not what the cruise contracts say for HAL or Princess.  Here is one for Princess.  Princess customer service does not deny it either:

Thank you for your feedback. We will forward your concerns to management for consideration.

Danyelle P.
Guest Services

image.thumb.jpeg.45720cbff52b37a6c16d2c216c3768df.jpeg

I did some more research and here is the Princess Passage Contract web link provided on the Travel Summary on each of the 4 cruises we have booked with Princess. No where does it mention vaping is allowed in the cabin in the Passage Contract found at this link.

https://book.princess.com/html/global/passage_contract/PC_PC_Princess_EN.html

If I might ask, how were you able to generate the above “Passage Contract” screen shot you posted?

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I did some more research and here is the Princess Passage Contract web link provided on the Travel Summary on each of the 4 cruises we have booked with Princess.

https://book.princess.com/html/global/passage_contract/PC_PC_Princess_EN.html

If I might ask, how were you able to generate the above screen shot you posted?

The screenshot was from the Princess app on my IPhone for the passage contract...  There is a lengthy discussion about this on the Princess board.  The Australian cruises seem to be spared as Australia does not allow vaping material.

Edited by NMTraveller

9 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

The screenshot was from the Princess app on my IPhone for the passage contract...  There is a lengthy discussion about this on the Princess board.  The Australian cruises seem to be spared as Australia does not allow vaping material.

I also checked on my Princess app under my next booking in January and couldn’t find where to reference the Contract. Would you possibly tell me how to find it using the App?

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I also checked on my Princess app under my next booking in January and couldn’t find where to reference the Contract. Would you possibly tell me how to find it using the App?

You click on your cruise.  You click on Travel checklist.  Click on Passage Contract.  Click on the Princess Cruises Passage Contract Link.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

You click on your cruise.  You click on Travel checklist.  Click on Passage Contract.  Click on the Princess Cruises Passage Contract Link.

Thanks!! That helped a lot, and I found under Section 5 using the App the part about electronic cigarettes … I then took another look at the Passage Contract web link I saw in my booking’s Travel Summary. And lo and behold at the end of the smoking section in paragraph 5, there it was. 

Indoor areas on board the vessels are non-smoking and smoking is only permitted in designated sections. Outdoor smoking areas are clearly posted throughout the vessel. Smoking is prohibited in Guest staterooms and on balconies. Violations to the onboard smoking policy will result in a $250 cleaning fee for each occurrence, which will be charged to Your stateroom account. Repeated violations may result in You being disembarked prior to the end of the Cruise without any refund and at Your cost. The use of electronic cigarettes, personal vaporizers, or electronic nicotine delivery systems is allowed within the confines of the Guest's stateroom (balcony not included) and within designated smoking areas only.

It still doesn’t bother me as long as they vape in the cabin. But if someone decides to do it on their balcony, that’s quite a different matter. Thanks again! 😁

Edited by Ken the cruiser

6 hours ago, mchin said:

Booked Celebrity Summit for Alaska in June 2026.  First time doing both Celebrity and Alaska.  Hope neither disappoint.  🙂

I'm fearful.

Likewise, took the plunge to try a first ever non-Edge class on Celebrity for a June, 2026 Alaska Southbound on Summit.

Always prefer their IC for forward facing or at minimum their EV. Two remaining itineraries on their Edge class for 2025.

Just back from a QM2 westbound crossing, which was superb. The top Grills suites are excellent. 

Celebrity, don't let me down on this (seemingly) risky "way back machine" venture. 😄

Edited by buncosquad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, buncosquad said:

2026 Alaska Southbound on Summit.

Love this ship.  Perused this itinerary yesterday.  Had sticker shock.  Maybe these prices are normal.  Are you doing a pre-cruise land tour?  If so, which one and how did you choose?  A bit overwhelming for an AK first-timer here.

• Like 1

I don't know when it happened but I see that Japan schedule for spring and fall 2026 and Japan to South Korea has been published.  When I searched this morning I include both TOKYO and TOKYO (YOKOHAMA) on the website when choosing ports.

Edited by zitsky

7 hours ago, buncosquad said:

I'm fearful.

Likewise, took the plunge to try a first ever non-Edge class on Celebrity for a June, 2026 Alaska Southbound on Summit.

Always prefer their IC for forward facing or at minimum their EV. Two remaining itineraries on their Edge class for 2025.

Just back from a QM2 westbound crossing, which was superb. The top Grills suites are excellent. 

Celebrity, don't let me down on this (seemingly) risky "way back machine" venture. 😄

Those suites are top notch, what did you book on Summit?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Love this ship.  Perused this itinerary yesterday.  Had sticker shock.  Maybe these prices are normal.  Are you doing a pre-cruise land tour?  If so, which one and how did you choose?  A bit overwhelming for an AK first-timer here.

The Southbound routes (done on another line previously) are (IMO) the best itinerary. 

And, yes, I added a pre cruise land itinerary. 8B. Why chosen? I like travel in one given direction toward a destination. This takes me from Fairbanks to Vancouver, one southbound trajectory and the most number of nights (6 nights on land prior to embarking in Seward).

We are also doing some private customizations and additional land excursions along the way.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Those suites are top notch, what did you book on Summit?

The best way to travel on an Edge class, IC or EV. Love hot tubs on a balcony.

My two Celebrity sailings for 2025 are both in ICs, one of which is the southbound reposition of Edge to Australia. The other is a Beyond Panama Canal/southern Caribbean 11-night. Superb staterooms!

That is the reason I booked the Summit. It appears refurbished, so I booked a PH for same reason. A hot tub on a balcony with expansive views. I much prefer forward facing and higher deck, but will try this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, buncosquad said:

That is the reason I booked the Summit. It appears refurbished, so I booked a PH for same reason. A hot tub on a balcony with expansive views. I much prefer forward facing and higher deck, but will try this.

The PH on the Summit is beautiful. It has been completely done over. The veranda encompasses half of the back of the ship. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, buncosquad said:

The best way to travel on an Edge class, IC or EV. Love hot tubs on a balcony.

My two Celebrity sailings for 2025 are both in ICs, one of which is the southbound reposition of Edge to Australia. The other is a Beyond Panama Canal/southern Caribbean 11-night. Superb staterooms!

I understand your preference and experience.  

We sailed on Summit this past April to do the full canal transit.  Summit is one of the few M & S class ships that Celebrity was able to perform the Revolution makeover before COVID.  After COVID, Celebrity stopped the upgrade program on the other ships to conserve cash.  You are probably already aware of all that.

image.thumb.jpeg.c8cf17e0f4b91e4e2b4aaa2fde501ffd.jpeg

The ship was in very good shape and we were very pleased with her.  We did not sail in a suite but rather one of the Ultra Deluxe Veranda cabins located at the back of the ship where the Penthouse Suites are at.

The Penthouse Suites are supposed to be very nice although they will lack the high ceilings that you are accustomed to.  The huge balcony is very nice.  I hope you enjoy your suite and the cruise.

Untitled-1856.thumb.jpg.86ed1c3232dc083a 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, buncosquad said:

TY. After reviewing it, I took the plunge based upon its noted refresh.

Don’t board and compare it to other suites, simply enjoy it for what it is….

A unique spacious suite with a fabulous balcony. We have done three M PH cruises. We boarded the first and expected the room to be great and it was but it was the balcony that blew us away…

If you have a rainy or a stormy day/night don’t miss out sitting under the sheltered area and enjoy the view…Equally on a clear night sit out and watch the star show…Then there are the sunny days where you always have beds in both the sun and shade…Also a fantastic balcony to dine on…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gordylad said:

this is a good flyer and shows lots of information......I was interested in the Argentina to Lisbon cruise and can see its going on March 14 2026......a possible

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Deployment/CEL_2025_26_Itinerary_Reference_Guide.pdf#page=29

/

Thanks for the link 

we doing Lisbon to BA in Nov 2025

also noticed most TAs are under 14 days so RCG does have to pay the $250 OBC  

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chemmo said:

Don’t board and compare it to other suites, simply enjoy it for what it is….

A unique spacious suite with a fabulous balcony. We have done three M PH cruises. We boarded the first and expected the room to be great and it was but it was the balcony that blew us away…

If you have a rainy or a stormy day/night don’t miss out sitting under the sheltered area and enjoy the view…Equally on a clear night sit out and watch the star show…Then there are the sunny days where you always have beds in both the sun and shade…Also a fantastic balcony to dine on…

TY. I appreciate the detail.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, buncosquad said:

TY. I appreciate the detail.

I guess my concerns for you are that you will board and ‘notice’ you are on an older ship with less restaurants and less retreat facilities than you are used to…The simple response is that it is all about variety and range of experiences….

Sometimes less can be more…

• Like 1