More Sun Princess Questions

MsSoCalCruiser

It's October and time for me to start packing! I have a few questions if you have time to answer…

Those that have sailed on the Sun Princess did you find it to be warm or cold on the ship? I’m trying to decide if I should just bring a bunch of dresses and skirts along with a sweater or two. Would you also pack pants and jackets? 

We like to watch MUTS at night. We have never sailed in the Caribbean and are wondering if it gets cold at night like a West Coast cruise? We are sailing the Eastern and Western Caribbean if that makes a difference. Speaking of MUTS does anyone remember what newish movies are playing? 

We are really looking forward to the Sun Princess! Thank you for your helpful replies. 

We don't sail on the Sun until Jan, so can't comment on the temperature inside.  But the Caribbean outdoors in the evening is generally pretty warm for movies under the stars and such.  I usually wear just a t shirt - but also grab one or two of the blankets, because the wind can blow and rainstorms come and go.  So it can be cool on deck.

We are going on the Majestic in 10 days and here are the movies they are playing on MUTS (1 or 2 are in Vista because of language):

Furiosa - mad max

Anyone but You

80 for Brady

Argylle

IF

Little Mermaid

Hunger games prequel

Challengers

Top Gun Maverick

Bad Boys ride or die

Spectre

Dune 2

and some older ones like Ferris Bueller and Back to the Future

• Thanks 1

On the last cruise on Sun Princess we had:

80 for Brady
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3
Dune - Part Two
Wonka
Ordinary Angels
This is Me... Now 
Mean Girls (2024)
Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning
Gran Turismo
Top Gun: Maverick

On inside temperature, some of the venues were a bit chilly for me so I always wore layers. My other half was in shirt sleeves but he doesn't feel the cold as much. We always found the scenic aft elevators overbearingly hot however!

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 1

The Caribbean will be warm, not like the Pacific, with the ocean currents coming from the North.

The Temp right now is showing from low 70's at night to upper 80's - 90' during the day.

Currently the heat of the afternoon, and showing 87' - feels like low 90s

Ladies dresses and clothes are often not as warm...  

I think a light sweater or something for your arms would be good.

I would rather have something than not!

Capri Pants and lightweight loose pants always work.  But I don't think you would need long mid-heavy weight pants.

If you are not used to humidity, then remember this will be a factor.  

80' and humid would be miserable in any significant weight of clothing.  

Where you might be used to wearing something on your arms and legs in dry conditions.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

It's October and time for me to start packing! I have a few questions if you have time to answer…

Those that have sailed on the Sun Princess did you find it to be warm or cold on the ship? I’m trying to decide if I should just bring a bunch of dresses and skirts along with a sweater or two. Would you also pack pants and jackets? 

We are really looking forward to the Sun Princess! Thank you for your helpful replies. 

We were on the Sun for two weeks in August. We thought the MDR (deck 6) was very warm despite the open/high ceiling at the back. Elsewhere my wife never needed a wrap to cover her shoulders.

Other Princess ships we have been on in the Mediterranean have been much colder!

• Thanks 1

I have a silly question, about the Medallions for the Sun Princess.

I bought the silver CZ crystal holder that one poster here had posted. (Love it!)

I know that the Sun Princess Medallions have been white.  But I wonder about the details.

I think they have the brushed silver around the edge of the medallion.  But, what does the Princess logo look like?  It is the Princess Sea Witch, right.  What color?

Have I seen one with a Pinkish ( I Love This ) and not the Princess blue?

On 10/1/2024 at 1:49 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We like to watch MUTS at night. We have never sailed in the Caribbean and are wondering if it gets cold at night like a West Coast cruise? We are sailing the Eastern and Western Caribbean if that makes a difference. Speaking of MUTS does anyone remember what newish movies are playing? 

I just got off.  I found it to be chilly in the hallways and reserve dining.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I bought the silver CZ crystal holder that one poster here had posted. (Love it!)

I know that the Sun Princess Medallions have been white.  But I wonder about the details.

I think they have the brushed silver around the edge of the medallion.  But, what does the Princess logo look like?  It is the Princess Sea Witch, right.  What color?

The Sea Witch is usually the color of your loyalty level. You probably saw one that was a Ruby loyalty level.

Would you please post a photo of the CZ holder. 

7 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I saw a post on FB and I think you may be talking about the sanctuary medallions 

• Like 1

Somebody posted screenshots from another website that seemed to show the Sun Princess going between the hurricane and other Tropical disturbance.  This showed all of the wind currents and everything.  It was like it was going right thru the middle of where these weather patterns meet,  weaving its way thru the path of least resistance, with a good tailwind.

Looks like these ships have really good weather guidance.

Edited by Wishing on a star