Amex: Spend $500+ on reservations at NCL.com (or by phone) and get $100 back

fstuff1

Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $500 in one or more purchases for reservations made online at ncl.com or by phone at 1-866-234-7350 by 11/15/2024

Saw this offer on My no annual fee Amex.

I took advantage of this last year.

Look on your amex acct

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1

• fstuff1 changed the title to Amex: Spend $500+ on reservations at NCL.com (or by phone) and get $100 back

Not on mine currently. However, I did have the identical offer on My traditional AMEX Platinum Card when I booked my NCL cruise in August (Spend $500 get 100 back in statement credit. However, I was able to do so via Travel Agent. As @UKstages said above affinity cards are generally not offered, I for one, I have never seen an offer on my AMEX card Delta Platinum card.

1 hour ago, Mike A said:

Not on mine currently. However, I did have the identical offer on My traditional AMEX Platinum Card when I booked my NCL cruise in August (Spend $500 get 100 back in statement credit. However, I was able to do so via Travel Agent. As @UKstages said above affinity cards are generally not offered, I for one, I have never seen an offer on my AMEX card Delta Platinum card.

For some reason, Delta Platinum Cards don't share in the "perks" that the AMEX Platinum card gets.  

13 hours ago, UKstages said:

there is a whole thread for amex offers.

in that thread, it's explained why, how and which cards/members are targeted for this.

generally speaking, affinity cards do not receive the offer. 

That's about the only conclusion you can draw from the targeting. Outside that, it makes no sense. I used to get these NCL offers and have used them repeatedly. Nothing this time.

• Like 1

yes, some argue that NCL charges to your card generate offers, at least initially.

others argue that NCL charges to your card shut down offers.

(the theory goes that they already "have" you as a customer and no incentive is required.)

but it's an amex offer as much as it's an NCL offer and is meant to drive use of your amex card. the idea here is that if you have a preferred card, say an NCL affinity card (as I do), a compelling offer from amex would make you shift your business to amex, at least for the amount required to qualify for the offer.