Happy Canadian Thanksgiving

ger_77

Thank you, @ger_77. We did our thanksgiving on Saturday with family and today I have made lamb hotpot for my parents. Also making cream of asparagus soup for tomorrow. It is lovely spending time with family. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's lovely that Canadian Thanksgiving Day is celebrated in mid-October.

On several occasions our family has taken advantage of the differing holidays. We fly out of O'Hare on American Thanksgiving Day, when it's almost as quiet as a tomb, to Montreal where we spend the long holiday weekend based out of the Hotel Bonaventure, which sits atop the downtown convention centre and sports a year-round outdoor swimming pool (entrance via a well from the toasty warm locker room) thanks to the cheap hydroelectric power generated by Bay St. James and Niagara Falls. Montreal has thus become our favorite/favourite city in North America.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ski ww said:

Happy Thanksgiving to one & all. Have never had a Thanksgiving well on a cruise, gives us an excuse to book a Thanksgiving cruise.

My first Thanksgiving cruise was a westbound TA with Captain Darin Bowland — a Canadian.  All the Canadians received invitations to a meet-the-Captain and officers reception.  It was beautifully set up around the Lido pool with the dome open due to the lovely weather.  

One nice young man asked to join us.  I asked where he was from and he said “around the Fort Erie area”.  I said “Oh! Whereabouts?”  He got a little flustered and had that caged look in his eye.  Then he said “Actually, I live in Buffalo but I cross the border so much that I feel like I am part Canadian.  I just saw a party and snuck in.”  

Well, oh my gosh, we laughed so hard.  That sounds pretty Canadian to me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2