🐾🐾 Sea Dog is Live! Tiki, Tacos and Tequila: Navigator, October 18-25

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You got that right for Tiki. Plus in Mexico, Tequila. “When in Rome, do as the Romans do”

When at sea do as the sailors do -- drinik rum!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

When at sea do as the sailors do -- drinik rum!

I am a bourbon and rum guy more than tequila but I am getting better at liking good quality 100% Blue Agave Tequila.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I am a bourbon and rum guy more than tequila but I am getting better at liking good quality 100% Blue Agave Tequila.

I normally ask for Reposado when having tequila in a mixed drink or Anejo when getting some to sip.  I tend to avoid Blanco except in Long Island Ice Tea's.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NJoynCruisin said:

We love Navigator and sail her several times a year because we are closer in Phoenix.

funny we will be heading to the east coast (Boston) to sail Jewel up to Canada over Halloween 🎃.

Say hi to Mehei in Chops and Chao in Suite lounge if you happen to see them.  We love Chops, Izumi and Hooked.   Hope you enjoy, we will be watching your review.

We also love navigator sailed her 3 times in grand suites back then paid about 1500 each for a suite prices certainly have gone up , my first grand suite we were invited to captains table , I thought this happened all the time but no more invitations in next 8 suites. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

I normally ask for Reposado when having tequila in a mixed drink or Anejo when getting some to sip.  I tend to avoid Blanco except in Long Island Ice Tea's.  

Yes I love good Reposado. Linda got me a bottle of Clase Azul Reposado. It is outstanding a real good sipping tequila. I also love the bottle. I will keep it as a art piece when finished.

IMG_0125.thumb.jpeg.d320b29964596c9cb0849ff2ac5ab792.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

And Now We Wait 

IMG_0123.thumb.jpeg.84fd2acdcfea316662b2fdb057d1241f.jpeg

Flight is delayed. That’s what I liked about having early morning flights. You at least leave on time since it’s the first flight out. Makes for an early wake up time but I don’t mind. The afternoon flights are obviously more prone to delays.

IMG_0124.thumb.jpeg.dd00d36497e9a768a5c0a7c6e273aa83.jpeg

Luckily we are not in a hurry.

LGB.  Good choice.  At times the lines can get long especially at security but  nothing too bad.  And then the outdoor waiting area.  The easy boarding.  And when you push back you’re usually off and out in minutes.  Inbound is also a breeze. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Up, Up and Away

AirlineTravel1.thumb.png.e80850cf4583c90f93464c6d6b5b8ac9.png

Remember when flying used to fun and exciting and classy?

AirlineTravel2.thumb.png.c0292204213fc7aae7091f09bdd0f2b7.png

Now a days not so much unless you can afford a first class ticket. I’m usually stuck in coach where it’s cramped and tight and I get some peanuts and something to wash it down with. 

I don’t really like flying but I got to get there somehow so it’s important to pass the time with something that makes me feel good and that’s music. So here is some of the music I am listening to on this three plus hour flight.

IMG_0087.thumb.jpeg.d58490d30f6ae32675b86b07c1e7a25d.jpeg

New music from London Grammar. I first got turned on to this band by the beautiful haunting voice of Hannah Reid in a commercial. This is their 4th album and I really like it.

IMG_0088.jpeg.3d0942fddbb412874b692aedcb8a6da3.jpeg

Aoife O’Donovon “Age of Apathy

I first got turned on to her watching CBS Saturday Morning Sessions which feature up and coming artists that most people haven’t heard. I like her songwriting and the bands harmonies are great .

IMG_0089.thumb.jpeg.08c2ef38f15a2d0d01847303b7c805f8.jpeg

Second since we are going some tiki bars I thought I would get in the mood with some exotica. Exotica is the main music of Tiki. Martin Denny and Les Baxter were the the fore fathers’s of Exotica music which was a blend of global musical traditions—particularly from Polynesia, the Caribbean, Africa, and Asia—into Western pop music. Its rise was influenced by the post-World War II fascination with travel, escapism, and the allure of distant cultures, even though much of the music reflected Western fantasy more than authentic traditions. Artists like Les Baxter and Martin Denny helped popularize exotica in the 1950s, creating atmospheric soundscapes filled with tropical, tribal, and jungle-like sounds and I’ve been a big fan ever since hearing my parents playing Martin Denny albums on our stereo. One of the most famous exotica albums was Martin Denny’s “Exotica “ released in 1957. Its title track “Quiet Village” which was written by Les Baxter is one of my all time favorites .

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Prologue

Cruise-aholicscopy.thumb.jpg.01cbbc185c169100c333d6f17e3712cd.jpg\

It’s a darkened room with a circle of chairs. I see silhouetted figures sitting facing each other. A man stands up and faces the group. He says “Hello everyone my name is Sea Dog”… (audience greets in unison “Hi Sea Dog” )… "and I... . am a Cruiseaholic who is addicted to cruising.”

I think to myself ‘hmmmmm. A Cruiseaholic on Royal Caribbean is like an alcoholic who swapped the bar for a buffet: both seek escape, but one does it with all-you-can-eat tacos while the other clings to a cocktail like it’s a life raft. The Cruiseaholic obsessively plans their cruise around deck parties, excursions and sunset views, while the alcoholic plans around happy hour and last call. One’s got a sun hat and a lounge chair, the other’s got a barstool and a frozen drink that has a Kraken floater." In the end, interestedly they both end up in the same place……. a good time.’

……..Suddenly I woke up from my dream and everything becomes clear.

Great start to your trip, Greg!  Permission to come aboard!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

@Sea Dog Greg, all caught up with this review.
We are in Catalina today and it is cloudy, so I expect it is the same in LGB.  Enjoy your tiki bar hopping!  Have a safe flight.

@Tree_skier Dave, look forward to seeing you on the 28th.

So I don’t forget Graham Stacey and Valerie Seit Clark Johnson said to tell you hi.

• Thanks 1