Ship Cleanliness According to the CDC

LetItSnow

Tony at the YouTube channel La Lido Loca made a report of the dirtiest ships among cruise lines based on CDC data.  Thankfully, HAL does not appear on that list of the dirtiest. 

I looked at the CDC website and our ships score no lower than 96 out of 100.  Here is how they score:

Zuiderdam 100

Amsterdam 99

Eurodam 99

Oosterdam 99

Statendam 99

Rotterdam 98

Koningsdam 98

Zaandam 98

Volendam 97

Westerdam 97

Noordam 96

La Lido Loca channel:

Edited by LetItSnow
Sort the list of ships by score
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 8

The CDC website to which OP links shows that the ratings are based on a 100-point scale where 100 is the cleanest. By the CDC's standards score of 86 is minimally satisfactory. That being the case, the operations managers deserve a huge show of appreciation.

Yes, we do observe at all hours of the night the efforts the crew puts in to keep HAL's vessels spic and span and shipshape. What, I think, is all the more gratifying is how, I'm sure, the CDC inspections delve well below the surface to examine conditions that are not readily visible or perhaps not at all visible to the naked eye. I for one am much reassured.

• Like 3

On 10/18/2024 at 8:53 AM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

HAL has always taken cleaning seriously. I've seen workers scrubbing surfaces that looked perfectly clean to begin with. I wish I could take them home to do my house!

We stayed right near the elevator on Zuiderdam, and so walked by the same one repeatedly. One day, I saw someone spend nearly the entire day engaged in a multistep elevator door polishing routine, including multiple different power tools. I don't know that I've ever seen anything so thoroughly cleaned and buffed in my life. And as you said, it looked fine before all that.

• Like 2

Yes, nice that HAL scores so high; but so do the vast majority of other cruise lines.

If you click the link, you will find cruise lines that actually score higher (on average) than HAL.

It's worthy to note that HAL is far from the only line with high scores. If you are cruising, the odds are you are cruising on a ship ranked highly by the CDC.

Edited by BermudaBound2014