Free Diamond Latitude Upgrade on Prima

cabincop

I just requested my free Diamond upgrade on Prima. I was assigned a forward facing cabin 10100. It seems these are the only cabins on Prima that qualify for free upgrade. The forward facing have terrible balconies. Any idea how I can get a different free cabin? 

@cabincop

Your post really answers your question.  IF "It seems these are the only cabins on Prima that qualify for free upgrade." is true, then you won't be able to.

However the only way that you might be able to, is to go back as below.

To redeem your one-time free cabin upgrade, please call 1-866-625-6086.

See if you can talk your way to a different cabin.

But don't hold your breath.

• Like 1

I think you want to revert to your original cabin, and keep the diamond upgrade for another ship as the Prima and Viva do not have many Club Balcony cabins. Also I've read reports that the forward Club Balcony cabins tend to be noisy.

We were in a regular Balcony cabin on the Viva and it was a lovely room, no need to be in a Club Balcony cabin.

As @casofilia says, call the number and see if you can go back to balcony.

• Like 1

Yeppers, @casofilia, we became Diamond last year June 2023, and have used upgrade only once - on this year's Star's Svalbard cruise ... upgraded from obstructed oceanview (OK) to hull balcony (BF) cabin. It was a good luck as the BF cabin was port-side and we got to see great and proper (clear) midnight sun enroute from Alta to Honningsvag Norway.

Now we still have one more to use and I'm still afraid to use it again because we won't have a say as to which part of ship we want the cabin to be.

Tell me, when you booked the B2B cruises using your free cabins did you select the cabins yourselves?

• Like 1

When the new Diamond Latitude upgrade was first announced, we upgraded an 11 day Balcony to a Club Balcony on Prima.  Just like mentioned above, only the MB forward facing balcony qualifed.  I was able to call and pay about $70(?) per person to upgrade the MB to a MA.  Not sure if that is still allowed but you could try.   

• Like 2

FWIW, we booked 2 Oceanviews on this Spring's Prima 15 days TA, used 30k BOA points to upgrade to a BB category by calling in about 5 months out, helpful rep gave us a choice of cabins & deck to choose from, and opted for a midship on Deck 10 near the Aft elevator.  Having sailed Prima on last Fall's TA, we didn't want to be on a higher deck. We emailed the Latitudes desk and requested to use our Diamond upgrade, and asked in the email if they could get us something close, if possible.  Took them a few days and ended up with Deck 10 AFT, not great but not bad either - no complaints as SIL and niece were in AFT.  We knew the "risk" but felt the Prima balcony is good enough for 2 of us. 

One more Diamond upgrade but on the Away ship, CBS as an upgrade would be nice ... 

21 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Diamond upgrade, and asked in the email if they could get us something close, if possible.  Took them a few days and ended up with Deck 10 AFT,

I’m going to wait till the cruise is closer & ask. I have a cruise in April. I’ll call after. Thank you

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I get that. So, there's no available upgrade from Club Balcony?

Not for free. Plus I got a good CAS rate & I’m solo. I’m going to see what I can get later in 2025. It’s a TA to NY so I probably wouldn’t use balcony much anyway. To be continued……

Edited by cabincop

unfortunately, the platinum status gave me all the perks i actually need. while i'm not pooh-poohing my diamond status, it really doesnt give me anything extra i would want.

dont need or want dinner with the officers, dont need or want a backstage tour of the ship. did it  once.. ho-hum.

if ncl allowed an upgrade from the club balcony to a suite, i would bet that 100's of its passengers would be delighted, and immediately take advantage of that.

while i continue to only travel with ncl, as itinerary and price are my 2 motivating factors, the diamond status doesn't really do me much good, but i confess, i like the pin, LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

the diamond status doesn't really do me much good

I enjoy the extra laundry. But I agree it’s not that big a deal. I don’t want dinner with officers or backstage tour. Didn’t get a pin & don’t want it either. 🤷🏻‍♀️