Crown and Anchor members, do you book because of a coupon?

I am just wondering how many people book a cruise based on what coupons are available for a particular sailing? Since the coupons will now be online, and updated monthly have you or will you let a coupon influence when and on what ship you cruise?

I know it is nice to get the discount, and when we booked there was a balcony sale so we got an even further discount, I have to admit that the coupon swayed the decision between booking on October the 14th vs October the 28th.

So if the majority of people have booked and not gotten a coupon that could be applied to their cruise then is it safe to say that the coupons are only available on cruises that may not be selling as well as others?

We did for our Alaska cruise last year. We knew we wanted to go in September, and after the Labor Day weekend madness, so that left two dates and one of them had a coupon. But for the most part we just book what we want and if a coupon shows up, all the better.

It isn't necessarily ships that are not selling well. There is a coupon for the Freedom 10/15/06 and that ship is nearly sold out! The only cabins left are inside, or were when I looked last Friday. We know some folks on that sailing and they want us to come along. If there were a balcony available, seeing that there is a $150 off coupon, I would have booked.

I used the cupons from both my magazine and my Mrs's. Trouble is I did not read the "fine print" as I booked a few other cabins for friends (my retirement treat gift).

The $ was not what ticked me off; as I could afford the costs. It was the hassle with faxing the stuff: like I have a fax, etc.

Seems I could not get the second coupon for the sailing as it was my Mrs's

coupon: even though we registered her in a cabin with another lady. Go figure.

Was a great cruise. Royal wanted a hassle out of someone spending over $10,000. So, no I do not like a hassle for $150.

Again, a great time for all!

Joe

What i have found is this: the coupons for sailing usually have higher rates than another week without the coupon, so we usually book when we find great rates, and then i do check the coupons. When the big ones come out at 125 $ savings I go back and check that date with mine. Everytime I do this that sailing is higher even with the coupon. But then again, we sail in Jan usually. We are even trying sailing in Oct because the prices were so great--and I used a friend coupon. That cc!

It isn't necessarily ships that are not selling well. There is a coupon for the Freedom 10/15/06 and that ship is nearly sold out! The only cabins left are inside, or were when I looked last Friday. We know some folks on that sailing and they want us to come along. If there were a balcony available, seeing that there is a $150 off coupon, I would have booked.

I wondered why a coupon came up for that date again,they should have made another date available IMO, seeing as that date has only a few cabins available.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the C7A coupons are good for all past pasengers? We have just deposited on our third RccL cruise and are curious if there are any coupons for our date . We are in Australia and never seem to get any of these C & A things even though we are on the register.

Our cruise is The Valor Dec 9 ..

Thanks for any help :)

I wondered why a coupon came up for that date again,they should have made another date available IMO, seeing as that date has only a few cabins available.

Probably because it's a CC Members cruise, as well as a C&A Members cruise.

39august, we're already losing people who booked this cruise last year. I suspect that more will drop before the final payment, on 7-7-06. If you're interested, get on a waiting list.

I didn't book the Freedom cruise because of the coupon, but was happy to take it. I did choose the date of my Monarch cruise, because there was a coupon for that sail date, however. $75 buys a lot of foo foo drinks! ;)

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the C7A coupons are good for all past pasengers? We have just deposited on our third RccL cruise and are curious if there are any coupons for our date . We are in Australia and never seem to get any of these C & A things even though we are on the register.

Our cruise is The Valor Dec 9 ..

Thanks for any help :)

Isn't the Valor a Carnival ship? They definitely won't honor C&A coupons!

We haven't used a coupon in a long while because the cruises we book haven't had coupons for the dates or itineraries we choose. I wish there were coupons for the ones we like.

we had the same problem... no coupon for the legend in November, ,my question is if one comes available before final payment can I use it? Or are they only good for booking in that month only??

Please let me know..

Thanks

Monica

Sorry! I meant Voyager!!!!!

Big goof on my part !

We are signed up though for C&A though and don't get any notifications at all from them , email or otherwise. I called and asked once if this had anything to do with us being in Australia and she told us absolutely not .We were told that we wouls start getting newsletters and offers soon but never did receive anything.:confused:

As always it is best to book very early, like a year in advance and book while you are on the ship if possible so you get your on board credit. We always travel in the off season fall, spring and typically they ofter offer coupons for these cruises. For our fall cruise on Explorer we booked last may paid 1109 for 9 day aft cabin. We booked on board and got 200 on board credit, we are diamond members and got 300 off, we are stock holders and get another 200 on board credit and there was a $150 coupon off this cruise. Not bad that one of us pays 1109 and the other pays 259 for a 9 day cruise you have to like that. The cruise is now 1559 for the same cabin cat.

Always looking for a deal !!!!!!!!!!

Happy cruising

Brian J

we had the same problem... no coupon for the legend in November, ,my question is if one comes available before final payment can I use it? Or are they only good for booking in that month only??

Please let me know..

Thanks

Monica

You can use the coupons after the final payment has been made. They will credit back to you the coupon amount, this is what happened with our up coming cruise. The credit appeared on my bank statement as I used my debit card for the final payment. Also, the coupons are not always for the highest priced sailings. With a Happy Hour special and the coupon we are paying $465 for a E-1 hump balcony on the Raidiance 6-day reposition cruise in May. Gotta love a bargin!

Oops, it was a promowave special. We changed our originally booked cruise on the Majesty to the Radiance so it was then considered a new booking for some reason, most likely since we changed ships. I don't know for sure if this was the reasoning behind it. But will enjoy the savings. Our 6 day trip ended up costing $6 more than the orginal 4 day we had booked.

Archived