What do you do first thing on board?

fidoprincess

This may sound stupid to some but the first thing we do is check out our cabin, find our lifevests, put them on and adjust the straps. Then we remove them and lay them on the bed. Then we check the door for our muster station location. NOW we go explore the ship until the muster. We usually go as far forward on the ship that we can to take pictures. Somewhere along the line, we meet with a waiter and begin the ritual of a drink before we sail (Or two or three ;)).

We usually check out the dining room we are assigned to and find our table so that it's not so confusing when we go to dinner that first night. Then we just wander.

When the alarm sounds, we head back to our cabin, put on the vests already adjusted and head to the muster station. There's nothing worse than following someone down the stairs that's dragging their straps and trying to put the vest on while tripping the people behind them and stopping on the stairs to put them on. Then there's the halls full of people wondering where they are suppose to go for muster.

Our luggage is normally at our cabins by the time we sail so we go back to the cabin and unpack. Then we go explore some more.

This may sound stupid to some but the first thing we do is check out our cabin, find our lifevests, put them on and adjust the straps. Then we remove them and lay them on the bed. Then we check the door for our muster station location. NOW we go explore the ship until the muster. We usually go as far forward on the ship that we can to take pictures. Somewhere along the line, we meet with a waiter and begin the ritual of a drink before we sail (Or two or three ;)).

We usually check out the dining room we are assigned to and find our table so that it's not so confusing when we go to dinner that first night. Then we just wander.

When the alarm sounds, we head back to our cabin, put on the vests already adjusted and head to the muster station. There's nothing worse than following someone down the stairs that's dragging their straps and trying to put the vest on while tripping the people behind them and stopping on the stairs to put them on. Then there's the halls full of people wondering where they are suppose to go for muster.

Our luggage is normally at our cabins by the time we sail so we go back to the cabin and unpack. Then we go explore some more.

LOL!

I never knew anyone that enjoyed the whole muster thing so much!!!! :eek:

Cards? Like plaing old playing cards? I never saw those on my last cruise, which was my first cruise! My next cruise will be on the Fantasy out of New Orleans on October 26, and I want a deck of these cards...lol.

Now where on the ship do I go to get my deck of cards?

I am just praying that New Orleans does not take another hit from a storm this year. I was supposed to be on the Sensation out of New Orleans last

September and we all know what happened there! So, off to Tampa I went for a trip on the Inspiration. It was worth the extra effort. Great trip and wonderful weather!

I am not anxioux at all..huh? I already have my hotel booked in New Orleans for the night prior to the cruise and I just hope all goes well this time!

This is a really cool thread! I don't leave until October, but the visuals I'm getting of wandering around the ship are great! Now if only I could have a virtual DOD!

My hubby and I go to our room and drop off the carryon stuff, then go to lido for lunch and a drink or few. Then usually take a nap till the muster, we have to be up at about 3am to catch the only flight out to Miami before the ship leaves!!! :eek:

On my previous cruises, we flew in the day of the cruise, so by the time we got on the ship, there wasn't time to do much other than go to the cabin and stand on the balcony for sail-away. But this time we're flying in the day before, so I hope to be one of the first ones on the ship. I'll still head to my cabin first if I can to drop off my carry on stuff. Then I'll check out our dining assignment, grab a DOD, have some lunch, and explore the ship! I can't wait!!

I thought we already discussed the neccesity of a nap this week. :rolleyes::D

Signed,

Frined of the Help.

What's your point :p:D

I love it. Try coming on here and saying that these are boozing cruises and you'll get run out on a rail. Post a question like this and 3 of 4 will say the first thing they do is "get a drink". Go figure! ;)

I love it. Try coming on here and saying that these are boozing cruises and you'll get run out on a rail. Post a question like this and 3 of 4 will say the first thing they do is "get a drink". Go figure! ;)

What's your point, half the cruises you have listed in your siggie hand you a free glass of champers when you board. :p

I am trying to remember what we did the first time, I think we went to our cabin just to see if we could put our carryons away, then we went to the lido for lunch and just wondered. Though I think the first thing we really did was just stare at the size of the ship and pinch ourselves that we were really really REALLY standing on a cruise ship!!!! :p

I always, always, always carry my swimsuit and towel in my carry on luggage. Once on the ship, I proceed to the pool. If I can stop by the cabin to change into my swimsuit, fine, if not, then I find the nearest restroom.

This has become a little tradition for me and it has brought some wonderful experiences and memories. When I got on the Disney Magic, I was the only one at the adult pool for about an hour and a half - just me, the bartender and a tall pina colada. It was heaven to swim in the pool and pretend that the ship almost belonged to me alone.

On the Princess Sun and the Carribean Princess, I was also the first one in the pool and the first one in a chaise lounge. Being there by myself is kind of like being alone in Disney World - just a rare experience for a little while.

Of course, a big part of the fun is when all the other folks get there and things get festive. But for a little while....it is a little bit of heaven on Earth....

It would have taken my ex-husband about a minute and a half. :D

Tmi...TMI!!! :eek:

;) :D

What's the first thing I do? Exhale. (We made it, we're onboard, let the vacation begin.) Then it is up to the cabin to drop the carry ons, out to the Lido for a drink and something to munch on, and then another drink and a leisurely tour of the ship prior to Muster.

Ohmygosh!! This brings back So many memories! And we’ve only been on 1 cruise! :eek: Lol. The first ting I did was take care of the S&S, then we headed up to our cabin to drop off carry ons. After that, it was out to the Lido deck to…grab a DOD….then mix and mingle with our fellow pax. Made friends within the first few minutes that we are still in contact with today!

Man, I can’t wait to get on the Valor in Oct!!! Hubby just pulled in a contract that will bring a lot more money into our home! Yay us! Looks like we are going to be cruising a lot more in the future!:D:D:D:D

I have a plan.. tell me if I am messed up here. We plan on boarding bewtween 1:30pm and 2pm

#1 Go to stateroom to drop off carry-on's ( mine will be quite heavy with the wine )

#2 Go to the station between the Elevators in the Atrium and book David's Supper Club for Tuesday evening ( I expect that to be a popular night, excursions are all booked so we dont have to worry there )

#3 Go check out our dining assignment ( although I seriously doubt we will have an issue with that, we would be happy with either a large or small table )

#4 Go to the Lido deck and order the drink of the day in the Souvenir glass. :D

In all seriousness and all snarkiness aside, the first things I do when I board a cruise ship are:

1. Drop my carry-on(s) in my stateroom, meet my roommate if she's there, and meet the room steward if he happens to be around. (If not... time enough for that later.)

2. Make a pit stop - which I always seem to need to do when I board. Maybe it's the excitement!

3. Check in with the group (I cruise with a Christian singles' group).

4. Make my way to Lido deck to get some lunch.

We drop off the carryons and check out the cabin. Then, we go to the Lido Deck buffet and find the friendly server who will give us our first "Fun Ship Special." After having a bit of lunch, we wander the ship and find out where things are. We visit the dining room to check out our seating assignments, and possibly go to the maitre d' for changes. By then our cabin is ready and we go back and change into our shorts (or bathing suits) and begin our Fun Ship vacation!

After boarding the Golden Princess out of San Juan

1.went to cabin drop off our carry on .

2. had lunch

3. Toss coin to see who does the washing three days worth and who checks out the ship I lost.

4.luggage arrived while doing washing.Put things away ,meet our steward

5.made a large rum drink form our carry on bottles (washers and dryers were three doors down from our cabin).Waited for DW to show up.

Paul

Archived