What do you do first thing on board?

fidoprincess

Ummmm, first thing is try and drop off carry ons in the cabin.

Then go and eat

Then just roam around the ship.

I have only been on 2 cruises and this is what we have done so far.

Oh wait, forgot and get pina colada for the sail away.

Kim

Well first, we get on the ship and leave our carry on's in cabin than head to the buffet and get liqured up on the "free" welcome aboard drinks (if by free you mean tell them the wrong cabn number:D

• 3 weeks later...

1. Check out our cabin and see if luggage has shown up yet (probably not).

2. Change to swimsuit (in our carry on bag).

3. Head to Lido or whatever deck the pool and buffet is on.

4. Buy our coke cards and have lunch.

5. Buy a Chocolate Banana drink for desert. :D Kahlua, creme and bananas.

6. Explore the ship if we've never been on her before. (Expecially if it's not sunbathing weather.);)

This will be my first cruise on November 25th, so this is what I expect:

1) Drop my carryon, jump on the bed.

2) Run to the bathroom and exclaim, "It is bigger than the one on the airplane!"

3) Count how many steps it takes to get from the room to the pool (we are on the Lido Deck).

4) Find the nearest sports bar and demand the keep puts on the Virginia Tech/UVA football game on (Go Hokies!).

Well, I can't answer this question yet as our first cruise is still 20 days away. But it seems as though most people do the same things. Dropping off of carry-ons, taking some pictures, getting a DOD and repeating the DOD's.

My question is this....Are the DOD's cheaper than a regular drink? I would like to get a souvenier glass/cup with my drink. Can you get them anytime during the cruise? And if so, where would I get it?

DOD's are cheaper. What they are is announced in the daily newsletter. You can get the drink in a souvenir glass if you like for an additional amount; you can also buy the glass separately if you wish. Can get them at just about any of the bars or at the pools.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this time around we will go to the pursers desk and get our cards then go to the room and drop off our stuff. Then we will go to lunch and after that we will take a look at the ship. Our 7 year old will be on the ship with us so it will be different this time. Oh I forgot we will have to check out camp carnival........

The first thing we do when we get on the ship:

1. Drink Of The Day

2. Lunch

3. Check out our dining arrangements

4. Find our cabin and tip the cabin steward. I like to tip up front and tell them my wants and needs right off the bat!!

5. Another Drink

6. Check out the ship

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like the ironing! I'd do it if I could get away with it.

So, instead we do about the same as everyone else. We do go to the spa right away if we're on a ship that has a special venue such as the hydropool on HAL--need to buy our weekly pass.

This is OT but . . . From a Land Down Under . . . I'm from Australia but lived in NZ for two years (Wellington). You have a beautiful country.

(Just curious--did you take your name from the song by the same name

by Men at Work? Next line: "Where the women glow and the men plunder."

First thing planning on doing on cruise: unpacking and setting up my room so all the 'work' is done for the week, then exploring with my hubbie!

Ozland: Yes, I met this Aussie girl who is hilarious and as we hang out with Americans everytime we are together one of us inevitably starts singing 'we come from a land down under...' by Men at Work , or saying 'Crikey' like the Crocodile Hunter (may he r.i.p). Funny thing is, we never say those things back home...

I've only been on 1 cruise and going on my 2nd in April. First thing we did was go to the cabin and check it out. (it was ready) I looked at everything in the room, the Patters, Room Service Menu Etc... Then we went to Lido to the Horizon Court for some food. After eating we explored the ship and took pictures (with drink in hand). Went back to cabin to get stuff for muster. Saw room steward and made sure we got egg crate mattress. Did Muster, then went for DOD at sailaway. Only problem, we didnt sailaway yet, we were delayed. More excuses to drink another and another until we sailed away. No pool time, we were in Vancouver, it was chilly. I did go the dining room somewhere in between, we requested a table for 2 and wanted to make sure we had it.

Archived