Another soda card question... Sorry

Received criuse docs today. Yea. In the book it states that with the soda card you can get unlimited soda and juice. I don't drink soda but do drink juice and water. Is juice free if I don't get the card? Do I just go to any bar and ask for a glass of juice or ice water? Thanks for any info.

You can get water in a glass (iced) for free anywhere. It's the bottled water they include on the "soda" card. Juice is free for breakfast in the Windjammer and dining room. If you don't drink alot of juice, or can fill up on your daily requirement at breakfast, and will drink iced tap water (which is delicious, by the way) don't waste your money on that card!!!!

To add...Ice tea, coffee and lemonade(or some knind of 'punch') is available pretty much all the time , usually near the Windjammer...(included in the price of your fare)...

I was/am not aware that bottled water is included on soda card (its really a sticker on your sea pass),if you want only bottled water you should clairify this before purches, altho the 'regular' water that you can get anywhere on the ship (in a glass with ice) is , as mentioned, very good and probably the purest you will find...you can also bring a 'travel' cup with you to the Windjammer at breakfest and fill'er up if you need more juice that just a few glasses...

enjoy your cruise!!

No bottled water is not on the card. Tea is always out (hot or cold) and water in a glass anyplace. Juice only when windjammer is open. We dont drink much pop so the card has yet to be something worth getting. Now when the kids go we do get one for the daughter that drinks pop.

From Royal Caribbean's website, http://www.rccl.com:

Adults' Fountain Soda / Juice Package:

This package entitles guests 18 years of age and older to unlimited consumption of fountain sodas (no cans) and juices at all bars and lounges, Windjammer, Main Dining Room and Private Destinations (CocoCay and Labadee®).

This package is available for purchase on the day of embarkation at all bars and lounges and may be charged to your SeaPass account. After this package has been purchased, a sticker will be placed on your boarding card allowing you to consume fountain sodas (no cans) and juices throughout your cruise. A complimentary Coca Cola souvenir cup is included as part of the package.

Juices that are included in this package are orange juice, grapefruit juice, pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Please note that juices are always complimentary at Breakfast.

The cost of the package is $6.00 per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.

Please note: The fountain soda and juice package is only available for the total amount of days of the cruise and prices are subject to change without notice.

Kids' Fountain Soda / Juice Package

This package entitles our younger cruisers (guests 17 years of age and younger) to unlimited consumption of fountain sodas (no cans) and juices at all bars and lounges, Windjammer, Main Dining Room and Private Destinations (CocoCay and Labadee®). This package is available for purchase on the day of to your SeaPass account.

After this package has been purchased, a sticker will be placed on embarkation at all bars and lounges and Adventure Ocean and may be charged your boarding card allowing you to consume fountain sodas (no cans) and juices throughout your cruise. A complimentary Coca Cola souvenir cup is included as part of the package.

Juices that are included in this package are orange juice, grapefruit juice, pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Please note that juices are always complimentary at Breakfast.

The cost of the package is $4.00 per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.

Please note: The fountain soda / juice package is only available for the total amount of days of the cruise and prices are subject to change without notice.

Typically, unless you drink 4 soda's a day, the soda card does not pay out.

Shhhhh - the cruise lines don't want that getting out. Everything promoted on a cruise ship is a good source of revenue - that's why they promote it so much. Soda cards are no exception.

The soda card is great! I don't think I went 15 minutes without a drink in my hand on my last cruise... Walk past a bar, get a drink. Walk past another bar, drop off empty glass and get another drink. :D

I easily went through 8-10 cokes a day. Our asst. waiter would have two glasses each waiting on our family every night at dinner after the first night.

I think it's a good deal, too. We weren't going to get one for any of us, but Eric insisted since we really likes his Diet Cokes. He made sure to get his money's worth, but it irritated me that he carried the souvenir cup around constantly to get it refilled. The only convenience of that was that usually, he wasn't even asked to show his seapass card, since he was showing the cup.

If you're not a soda drinker and only want juice, I'd just bring a couple of sports bottles, fill them up in the Windjammer at breakfast and then keep them in your room fridge. You can always add ice later. OK, I'm sounding cheap, but really think the soda card is way overpriced. I'm an iced tea drinker myself and do this with iced tea - the sports bottles we have came with an insulated carrier with a shoulder strap that are nice for taking on excursions, etc.

Archived