Sept. 17 2006; 11 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

Figment72

We are on the 11 day cruise. This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise. We did a 7 day Magic cruise in 2000. This will be my 19th cruise overall. I am not sure of my wife's count. I did cruises before we got together.

• 2 weeks later...

Also am going on the Sept 17- 11 day Disney cruise. I will be leaving the hubbie and child home on this trip and going with 3 other girls. Am very excited! I was on one other Disney cruise- a couple of years ago and this will be my 6th cruise.

I usually do all the planning for our family vacations, but this time a friend is doing all the planning. Is kind of nice not to have to worry about all the facts and figures for a change. When our family goes- there are usually between 12- 16 people. I'm easy to please- and as long as beaches are in the picture- I'll be a happy person!!:D

• 1 month later...

Hello, there! We (hubby, 4 yr. old son, and myself) are going to be on board! We can't wait. We love to cruise and we love Disney (being FL residents). This will be our first Disney Cruise but it sounds like it will be wonderful!

If they use the same sort of schedule that they've used in the past, I figured out it will be on St Lucia night, the 21st.

They usually have casual night, then casual/tropical, then formal, then Pirate. But they'll also toss in another formal night and a semi-formal.....

By the way....I'm part of that group of gals who's cruising with kaylahszoo. Can't wait!!!

Here is a list of the special dining nights for this cruise. This was posted on another board and was supposedly gotten from Member Services.

Pirates Night - Sept. 24th, will be in St. Kitts

Formal Nights: Sept. 19th and Sept. 26th

Tropical Night: Sept. 20th, will be in St. Thomas

Of course, as we all know Member Services can give out wrong information from time to time, so time will tell if this schedule is really the correct one.

Carol

I was advised today that there will only be the two formal nights as well - 19th & 26 - no semi-formal. Thanks for the info. on the Pirate night and the Tropical night. I need to try and change my Palo reservation!!

I'd rather they did one formal and one semi-formal. I have a terrible time finding formals that fit!

Will have to now check my Palo reservations to see if we need to switch.

Not dressing for Pirate night this time.

Really looking forward to the new shows & games.

We were on the eastbound Panama cruise last year. It was great to be on the ship for 14 days. We actually found some time to truely enjoy the ship and actually rest at times. I'm sure this 11 day is going to be great also. After the 5 straight days of port calls I will be ready for some at sea days.

Carol

Hi there. Here is the dining schedule for the 11 night cruise:

There are 2 Formal Nights. They are on night #3 of the cruise, which is Golden Mickey's night, and night #10 of the cruise, which is the Prince and Princess themed dinner.

Pirates night is night #8 of the cruise

Tropicali night is night # 5

There is 1 semi formal night and it is night #9 (Master Chef Dinner)

Hope this helps with your plans

9/17 ~ Let the Magic Begin

9/18 ~ Rotation 1 (Sea Day)

9/19 ~ Golden Mickey's (formal) (Sea Day)

9/20 ~ Rotation 2 (St Thomas)

9/21 ~ Tropicali (St Lucia)

9/22 ~ Rotation 3 (Barbados)

9/23 ~ Capt. Dinner (casual) (Antigua)

9/24 ~ Pirates Night (St Kitts)

9/25 ~ Master Chef (semi-formal) (Sea Day)

9/26 ~ Prince / Princess (formal) (Sea Day)

9/27 ~ Til We Meet Again (Castaway Cay)

Very cool...thanks for the info Kitster and CruiserGirl!

I don't know why it seems to matter what nights...I guess because we've always tried to be in Lumiere's/Triton's for formal nights and Parrot Cay for Pirate night.

For me, I just want to know how many formal & semi. casual, etc so that I bring only the number of dresses I need, and nothing extra.

I won't have the husband and kids to help me haul luggage this time, so I'm more limited. :p

Nuts. Our rotation puts us in Animator's on the last Formal night.:(
How do you know your rotation ahead of time? I know you can request a certain rotation thru your TA, but that doesn't guarantee that you will get it. Normally cruisers don't find out their rotation until they get the KTW card upon check-in.

How do you know your rotation ahead of time? I know you can request a certain rotation thru your TA, but that doesn't guarantee that you will get it. Normally cruisers don't find out their rotation until they get the KTW card upon check-in.

We have a suite, and have been able to contact DCL ahead of time.

I was just thinking more about the Mouseketeer Role Call thing. How can they have that when the last 3 nights of the cruise already have special plans? I guess I'm confused!

Yea I know that is pretty weird. They did the same thing on the Magic last year when it crossed to California. I have no idea why. The menu is the same in Animators but the theme/server costumes are different for the last 3 nights. Maybe you can request to change your schedule.

Okay....I think I have my clothes all figured out. I'm really trying to keep it to a minimum, and only use one (large) suitcase. I don't think I'll bring nearly as many tanks and tees as I usually do, I plan on buying a few along the way.;)

I want to start packing now. I want to leave NOW! :p

Okay....I think I have my clothes all figured out. I'm really trying to keep it to a minimum, and only use one (large) suitcase. I don't think I'll bring nearly as many tanks and tees as I usually do, I plan on buying a few along the way.;)

I want to start packing now. I want to leave NOW! :p

Guess I better start thinking of what I need to bring! We will keep it to 1 large & 1 small each for dh and myself. We're flying Spirit and my last flight with them in March I found out that they are now limiting bags to 50 lbs each. :eek:

The time for this cruise is creeping up pretty quick!

Archived