What are your cruise plans for the next year?

kelmac

What are your plans for cruising over the next 12 months?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. What are your plans for cruising over the next 12 months?

• At this time we are not planning to cruise in the next 12 months
    • We plan to increase the number of cruises we normally take
    • We plan to cruise less than our average
    • We are taking the same number of cruises as we normally take

I am fortunate I am still mobile and can cruise approx 3 times a year, this year I will have done this a 30 day HAL cruise , a 10 day Princess and still to come a 26 day Celebrity B2B.

Next year have two cruises booked but for 59 days - a 28 day B2b with Celebrity and a 31 day LA to Sydney with Princess.

I chose inside cabins, on Celbrity Cat 11 and get an upgrade to 10 for my past cruises, and Princess I have only minimum credits so it is the least expensive inside I can get, book early and book on board.

I had to make a choice, cruise in luxury for 10 days or cruise with less luxury for much longer cruises.

In my opinion and it is only my opinion it is a great pity that people think in such "snobbish" ways, it really is not important which cruise line , or which cabin grade , the only important thing is that you make choose a ship that suits your way of life and that you can afford.

I had to make a choice, cruise in luxury for 10 days or cruise with less luxury for much longer cruises.

I share your philosophy as well. Cruise cheap but cruise often.:D

I share your philosophy as well. Cruise cheap but cruise often.:D

I'm right there with the two of you!:rolleyes: :) If you want tons of days at sea, better feel real good about inside cabins!

Kel

We'll be doing 2 cruises next year one 7 day southern Caribbean with Celebrity and one 12 day Med on the Carnival Freedom. Since this will be my first cruise in 7 years and my husband's first cruise ever I guess that is technicaly "more" cruising. Hopefully we will have many more to come.

:) We usually do 2-4 cruises a year, and will continue to do so. Century 1/06- 10 days including Panama Canal side trip was great. In 2 weeks Zenith 7/1/06 with the kids & grandkids for wedding & on board reception of #1 son. We will plan a last minute Thanksgiving/Christmas cruise when lower prices come about! School being an issue with the 13 & 9 y/o. If not we'll go with 2 other adult couples in Jan/Feb, as usual.

We are on Princess for the 10 day canal cruise. Would have done Infinity but Celebrity's prices were way out of line for a 14 day cruise. Their prices have risen sharply since we booked out last cruise in Oct '04 for Jan '06.

Looking at Oceania for Europe in 2008 and maybe Carnival for the family vacation. We hesitate to take the "kids" (ages 33-27, all single) on Celebrity d/t the age of the passengers in the winter.

We have always avoided Carnival but might get sucked in with their advertising of upgrading their product. This would be the first cruise for the "kids" and we wanted them to have other younger people to hang out with.

We will continue to cruise 2 to 3 times a year. We cruised in March 2006 on Summit and currently have 2 more cruises booked for 2006, (QM2 & Enchantment) as well as 2 for 2007, (both on Century) & 1 for January 2008. I'm assuming my wife will find something else that tickles her fancy for 2008.

We like to cruise once a year when we can. This year, am doing QM2 to Canada - Sal7202, notice you're on the same voyage (there's a roll call going for this voyage). DH and I are planning on a Caribbean in Oct 2007 on HAL Noordam. I'd love to try Constellation out of NYC someday soon. We were booked on the Zenith June 10 to Bermuda but had to cancel late last year. My dream is a transatlantic crossing on either QE2 or QM2.

I try to go on 3 cruises a year, but I'm only going to make it on two for this year. I have 3 booked for next year and I'm hoping to fit in one more late in the year if the finances can be stretched that far.

Terri

We've been doing two a year for the past several years, but probably won't this year. Hubby says he's traveled out after a port intensive Europe cruise in May. We do have a family cruise booked on X for 2007, and since I am treating a family member, we may not do 2 next year, either. Since we live in the mid-west, we have to fly everywhere, and the cost is getting steep. Between vacations, seminars, and family reunions, I'm doing my part to help the airline industry.

Interesting results! Based on the fact that 84% of CCers are cruising, more, or the same amount, in the next year, I bought back in to the cruise industry last week. Picked up 100 shares of RCL and CCL and they have rebounded (RCL is up 2.85% and CCL is up 12.15% in the past week).

I've been in and out of these two stocks for years playing the dips and highs -- always nice to get the onboard ship credit!:)

Enjoy!

Kel

Hi Kel:

You don't know me but we have a mutual acquaintance: Bill aka 'TYMAN'. I was on the infamous Zuiderdam martini cruise last

summer.

Anyway, I haven't seen him on these boards in ages and was

wondering if you knew how he and his family are doing.

Thanks to everyone for letting me interrupt!

Diane

We will not be cruising with Celebrity next year...sadly.

We are going on the RCI JEWEL OF THE SEAS for 12 nights. Looking forward to enjoying the Concierge Lounge as RCI knows how to reward customer loyalty. I cannot understand why X does not treat their loyal customers the same way as RCI...since RCI owns X...GO FIGURE???

Dear Babylene - trains between Saltzburg/Vienna and Budapest are easy and relatively short rides. I don't think that you will need 5 days in Saltzburg however - it's a relatively small city compared to Vienna and Budapest (2-3 days should do it) just a suggestion. Enjoy! vicky

Diane,

Bill (TYMAN) and Lauren and I were on the same roll call for a Century cruise back in June 2005, but Celebrity cancelled that cruise and moved the ship to Europe. So, bottom line, we never got to meet Bill in person. Seemed like a really great guy and we had a great roll call going.

The last I heard from him was on another thread back in Octomber, 2005.

I don't think he has posted in months?? Hope he is doing well.

Kel

We will be cruising the Carnival Legend 9 day 8 night southern Carribean again, different port's this year.We are sailing with them for 3 BIG REASON,S. 1. About 1/2 the price of Celebrity with my Military discount. 2. The ship is much, much cleaner than any Celebrity I have been on.3.The quality and variety of the food is much better than Celebrity.TLSicon7.gif

Archived