Price drop after last payment?

Hi all! I've been seeing many people getting deals and drops on their cabins, but not on suites, however, I just checked for my sailing on the Granduer out of Baltimore for the 21 July sailing, and the price for the Jr Suite has dropped almost $900:eek: for my family of 4.

Can I get the lower rate even though I've made my final payment? I'd love to save that money!!!!

The TA that booked us back in October no longer works at the agency, and I really haven't heard from anyone at the agency at all unless I've called them for info. Should I expect them to help me with this? Am I just out of luck? Will I have to completely rebook in order to get the savings?

Thanks in advance for your insight and assistance!

Call them immediately and tell them what you saw. They should give you some kind of a rebate.

If you booked it with RCCL they would have given you a credit on your charge card. (Unless it is a special for new booking and such.)

Just got back from a "personal" visit to my TA and she assured me that my credit card would be credited with the $868 decrease in price for my cabin! She called RCCL while I was there and verified (although RC was confused due to my excursions).

YEEHA!

I am happy you got the rebate but don't understand how this works. If RCCL drops rate on any cabin class (you indicated after final payment) then everyone in this cabin class gets a refund? I don't see how cruise line could operate this way.

I am happy you got the rebate but don't understand how this works. If RCCL drops rate on any cabin class (you indicated after final payment) then everyone in this cabin class gets a refund? I don't see how cruise line could operate this way.

no ..they do not give everyone an automatic refund.. you have to keep watching the website for a price drop and you have to call to get the credit... many people do not watch for price drops and never know that they could have gotten some money back... on the other hand, if your price increases you do not pay the higher fares.. you just have to keep checking for a price reduction in order to get one... this is much easier if you have booked direct with rccl, because TA's do not have to give you the price drop and many will not... I am happy the OP got hers, as that is much harder when using a TA..

(I hear it is because it drops their commision or something)

no ..they do not give everyone an automatic refund.. you have to keep watching the website for a price drop and you have to call to get the credit... many people do not watch for price drops and never know that they could have gotten some money back... on the other hand, if your price increases you do not pay the higher fares.. you just have to keep checking for a price reduction in order to get one... this is much easier if you have booked direct with rccl, because TA's do not have to give you the price drop and many will not... I am happy the OP got hers, as that is much harder when using a TA..

(I hear it is because it drops their commision or something)

Yes there are some TA's that wont budge after final payment, but they are becoming more and more rare. Most TA's will certainly get you the reduction if you qualify. The really good ones will keep track of your booking and get you a reduction and or upgrade without your having to keep track.

Made final payment a couple weeks ago (Booked directly with RCCL) for Sept 4 sailing. I noticed this morning a price drop and immediately called RCCL and they are crediting my cc for the price reduction. :D :D

The also have been extremely fair- my daughter and son inlaw

are cruising with us in sept,

The RCCL agent sugested we divide the room primary's so both rooms can get the over 55 price .

They didn't have to do this.

Our sept cruise price has dropped twice not counting the shuffel

and the have honored it no questions ask.

(we always prepay the entire amount upon booking)

john

Call them immediately and tell them what you saw. They should give you some kind of a rebate.

If you booked it with RCCL they would have given you a credit on your charge card. (Unless it is a special for new booking and such.)

How can you tell if the price went down?

How can you tell if the price went down?

You go into RCI's website and make like you are booking a reservation and check the price for the sailing date, ship and cabin category you are currently booked in to see the price- Or you cal call RCI direct and ask them

Yes Zoe it does work both ways. Once final payment is due, some people drop their cabin reservation thus availability is there. It is prudent of You to keep an eye on Price decreases through RCI or other on-line cruise agencies. Once and if you find a lower price for your cabin category on the same sailing, contact your agent or RCI to request the discount. Because you booked early, you should not be penalized by paying a higher price. Most agents can make the arrangement for either a credit to your credit card or room credit just to keep your business.

Bon Voyage

Archived