Just curious - Cruise Critic Singles Cruise?

A Hoya Oh Boya

I am a single 26 year old guy, but will be 27 in about 2 months. I am looking for a singles cruise to find some new friends, and looking at the Valor in Feb. Anyone else looking at going on this one? I heard the Valor is a pretty good ship to cruise on, and the price is very reasonable for a cruise. The date is the Feb 18th to the 25th.

I would be interested...

Millie

Millie, I saw you are from Orlando. I get to Orlando fairly frequently and it seems like there are so many folks living there who came from somewhere else. So many cruises, or at least the good Caribbean ones, are Florida based. I have been on three Carnival cruises and go again next weekend. I'd look forward to a good singles cruise. The problem though is that dreaded singles supplement unless folks double up and that can be a mess to sort through. Take care, Bill.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, the original poster for this thread has not been back to the thread. No one has stepped forward to be the group leader for a singles Cruise Critic group cruise.

However, fellow member manmtnmike is the group leader for an adults only Cruise Critic group cruise. Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=515030 for more information.

If you are interested in planing a member cruise, please click Member Cruises in the bar above. Also, for more information, please read How to be a Cruise Critic Group Leader in 10 easy steps.

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

I'd love to do one out of New York. If I could strike up enough interest in that, I'd be glad to plan a singles cruise. I'm not sure what's involved, but I'd love to find out.

So what's the interest level in departing out of New York?

I'm looking at the Adult's Only Cruise Critic group cruise for 1/27/08=

It's an 8 day on the Miracle.

I asked the question on the Carnival board, under that thread how we can tell how many singles/ couples there will be?

Anyone else interested?

I'm looking at the Adult's Only Cruise Critic group cruise for 1/27/08=

It's an 8 day on the Miracle.

I asked the question on the Carnival board, under that thread how we can tell how many singles/ couples there will be?

Anyone else interested?

There is no way to really know... you can know how many will be in the CC group if everyone posts their information, but there will be PLENTY of singles and couples not in the CC group, as well as "non-adults", LOL

CC groups attract alot of singles... all of our groups typically have plenty of singles!!! It's great because you can get to know each other on the boards... and after the first one, people tend to come back because they are cruising with friends... I've cruised with many of these people MANY times, and we get together a couple times a year for a "land vacation" too... CC groups are the BEST!!!! I wouldn't worry about the number of singles and couples... like I said, unless you poll everyone and ask their marital status, it's impossible. We've got about 150 going in October and I'd say at least 30% are single... but we usually pick up quite a few while on the ship too. Just do it!! :D Host Randy has tossed around doing another singles cruise... now, there were more than singles on the last one, but everyone had a blast... I think he was looking at early 2009 since we already have one for early 2008... so keep your eyes on the Carnival board!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did this thread crash and burn? :confused: That's sad cuz I know there are a ton of us that would love to see this to happen.

Carnival, tho not my favorite line, often has the best prices for singles.

ANYONE up for booking a cheap 5 or 7 day cruise for Oct/Nov/Dec this year? I've seen some decent deals for singles.

Let me know... I'm looking to book soon and would love to have others to hang out with.:)

My last cruise was in March 07 on the Carnival Liberty. Now, I'm looking at two options-Carnival victory from NY in September or a Transatlantic 16 days voyage from London to Ft. Lauderdale abroad a

Royal C. ship in November 07.

Off course, I'm open to other crusing ideas as well. I haven't booked anything yet, as I'm struggling with the killer single's supplement.

I wouldn't mind being in charge of this, if we can agree on a destination...but, what exactly do we mean by singles cruise? Do you have to be single to go on the cruise, or are we people that don't have anyone to cruise with us and need someone to share a room with?

I am single and always looking for someone to share with. I live on the West Coast so prefer to leave from here. But that is not always possible and I am flexible.

It would be interesting to hear other opinions about what is a "singles" cruise.

Thanks for the post.

Doris

Archived