Just curious - Cruise Critic Singles Cruise?

A Hoya Oh Boya

Hi,

I work 7 days on and 7 days off, so find that I can someitmes easily catch some last minute deals. Besides, I find that I like to catch a cruise more often than some of my acquaintances. For these reasons, I can not always have my friends or family accompany me, so for me the meaning of this is to pay the 'per person' charge for a cabin, as long as there's another mutually courteous traveller willing and able to pay their 'per person' charge for the cabin.

I cruise because I love this mode of a vacation and enjoy the whole ship, the entertainment, sauna, lido deck, numerous lounges, etc, ocean breezes, any destination, and not to forget the FOOD!!! For me, the only time spent in the cabin is spent sleeping, and redressing, etc. It's always nice to meet some nice folks along the way, or even nicer, to make a friend. However, I don't cruise with the intention of 'hooking up' with someone. I CRUISE because I love the whole cruising experience. For those looking for anything else, might be disappointed if they don't find what they were looking for...IMHO.

I am single and always looking for someone to share with. I live on the West Coast so prefer to leave from here. But that is not always possible and I am flexible...
... I can not always have my friends or family accompany me, so for me the meaning of this is to pay the 'per person' charge for a cabin, as long as there's another mutually courteous traveller willing and able to pay their 'per person' charge for the cabin.

I cruise because I love this mode of a vacation and enjoy the whole ship, the entertainment, sauna, lido deck, numerous lounges, etc, ocean breezes, any destination, and not to forget the FOOD!!! For me, the only time spent in the cabin is spent sleeping, and redressing, etc...

If interested in getting to know me for a future PP cruise, my address is ********.***. Maybe we can be compatible, for I, too, just love that type of vacation. Doris

Please be careful with your posts. We do not want any further Guideline violations to make this thread go poof.

Per Community Guidelines:

Miscellaneous

Basically, an ad is an ad. So, please no posting of "looking for roommate" type posts, tour shares (except in ROLL CALL threads), giveaways, ebay links, etc. etc.

Also, please read the above Sticky titled No " Personal Ads" For Cabinmates Allowed at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=179420.

Remember, no sharing-type posts concerning cabins, tours, transportation, etc. in any thread other than the established Roll Call for an already booked cruise.

Additional information from Community Guidelines:

... You should also know that the discussion of our management policies and procedures -- including post deletions-- is considered off-topic discussion for our cruise boards and will also be removed without notice...

As I have posted in this forum as well as other places:

Please remember, an e-mail to management is the correct way for everyone to get their questions, comments & concerns about Cruise Critic policies, technical matters or site feedback to a more beneficial place. Posting them on the boards does no good and clogs up the system with posts that have nothing to do with cruising.

Per Contact Us, e-mails re policies and site feedback go to community@cruisecritic.com. For technical matters, e-mails go to boards@cruisecritic.com. As stated in the Contact Us instructions, please remember to include your user name. All e-mails are answered in the order received. With 277,374 members as I type this reply, and e-mails being received 24/7, please be patient for your reply.

I hope all this this information will be satisfactory.

Kat110105_emYA42_prv.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone ever tried to form an Official Cruise Critic singles sailing? I'm curious, I might try to get one organized if there is enough interest. We can determine ship, itinerary and date after there is some interest.

I would be very interested. I would hope that, if planned, it would be far enough in advance to make it easier to pay for it

Don:)

• 2 months later...
I am definitely interested as well. I'm new around here...just registered today, so what do we need to get all of us interested, organized?

I heard about this site in a cruise book I was reading. I was researching the possibility of taking an Alaskian cruise summer 2007. I've never been on a cruise before, but love to travel and went to Hawaii this past summer.

I'm a single female in my early 30's with no kids and often have to bribe family/friends to travel with me. Most don't have the time or money to do any traveling because of kids and career obligations. One friend who was interested in going to Alaska isn't sure she can have enough money saved by summer '07 plus she isn't as adventurous as me and wouldn't want to do a lot of the excursions either.

I really want to add on a land tour too which she isn't that interested in.

Anyone, on this thread wishing to go to Alaska?

If not, I am a travel addict and open to finding travel companions for other destinations as well.

Wow....sounds like you and I are in the same predictament. But I am building a new house this year and definitely would not be able to swing Alaska because like you I would want to do the whole kit and kaboodle as one would say.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to put out there that sometimes doing a CC group cruise there will be many single cruisers. When I did the CC Group cruise on the Freedom last year we had many single cruisers. It was the first time I cruised as a single, solo cruiser and it was the best cruise I ever had! We are doing a CC Group cruise on the Serenade doing the Southern itinerary next Nov. if anyone is interested. It is also a C&A Member cruise. So if anyone has sailed with RCCL in the past you receive a gift each night in your cabin and they usually offer a few special things on these sailings.

If you have any questions feel free to email me!:D

Just wanted to put out there that sometimes doing a CC group cruise there will be many single cruisers. When I did the CC Group cruise on the Freedom last year we had many single cruisers. It was the first time I cruised as a single, solo cruiser and it was the best cruise I ever had! We are doing a CC Group cruise on the Serenade doing the Southern itinerary next Nov. if anyone is interested. It is also a C&A Member cruise. So if anyone has sailed with RCCL in the past you receive a gift each night in your cabin and they usually offer a few special things on these sailings.

If you have any questions feel free to email me!:D

Is this a cruise that has already been planned or is it in the making

I am very interested

January 13th on the Carnival Destiny sounds like a start.

You all sound hungry for one.... no kids on this one @ that time of year.

My friend and I are going, and we had a great group last year the same week on this ship.

Hey... just an idea..... we are already booked. xoxoxox tim

EXCELLENT idea! Count me in.

I think it would be SO much fun to meet other single CCrs that we correspond with on a regular basis:-)

And perhaps, if we plan properly, we might negotiate some sort of a discount relieving the ever-dreaded "Single-Supplement".

Lets try to keep this thread at the front of the board and and see what we can do.

Island Annie

EXCELLENT idea! Count me in.

I think it would be SO much fun to meet other single CCrs that we correspond with on a regular basis:-)

And perhaps, if we plan properly, we might negotiate some sort of a discount relieving the ever-dreaded "Single-Supplement".

Lets try to keep this thread at the front of the board and and see what we can do.

Island Annie

Great idea!! I am ALL for discounts and cruising!

Maybe we could do one for the Alaska Area and one for the Carriabean (sp) or even the Mexican Riveria. I personally would like to go to either Alaska or Mexico since I live on the West Coast.

I second that! Hey, I am from Salem, Oregon!

Archived