Just curious - Cruise Critic Singles Cruise?

A Hoya Oh Boya

I am definitely interested as well. I'm new around here...just registered today, so what do we need to get all of us interested, organized?

I heard about this site in a cruise book I was reading. I was researching the possibility of taking an Alaskian cruise summer 2007. I've never been on a cruise before, but love to travel and went to Hawaii this past summer.

I'm a single female in my early 30's with no kids and often have to bribe family/friends to travel with me. Most don't have the time or money to do any traveling because of kids and career obligations. One friend who was interested in going to Alaska isn't sure she can have enough money saved by summer '07 plus she isn't as adventurous as me and wouldn't want to do a lot of the excursions either.

I really want to add on a land tour too which she isn't that interested in.

Anyone, on this thread wishing to go to Alaska?

If not, I am a travel addict and open to finding travel companions for other destinations as well.

AK is the best. No place on earth is like it.

Holland America which is part of CCL:NYSE owns them now.

They have the best cost basis in cruises. Alaska (AK) and the YT are so very nice .. plan on seeing a lot if you are able to and you can always come back.. since your young get continuing education credits for the trips too..

:D

I am definitely interested as well. I'm new around here...just registered today, so what do we need to get all of us interested, organized?

I heard about this site in a cruise book I was reading. I was researching the possibility of taking an Alaskian cruise summer 2007. I've never been on a cruise before, but love to travel and went to Hawaii this past summer.

I'm a single female in my early 30's with no kids and often have to bribe family/friends to travel with me. Most don't have the time or money to do any traveling because of kids and career obligations. One friend who was interested in going to Alaska isn't sure she can have enough money saved by summer '07 plus she isn't as adventurous as me and wouldn't want to do a lot of the excursions either.

If not, I am a travel addict and open to finding travel companions for other destinations as well.

Any interest in the Eastern out of Fort Lauderdale in February 2007?

new years :) ,count us in.what ship has singles party?

Two sites that seem to have several singles cruises are:

They have a western Caribbean for New Years. Was supposed to do this with my friend but she spent too much money when we were on the Eleation in September and now she doesn't have the money to do New Year's also....

or

often have several single cruises

Read some reviews on them both and they seem pretty positive.

Would also be interested in the Alaska trip. I run into the same problems with my friends...

Please note the title description of this forum toward the top of the page:

Singles Cruises Which cruise line offers the most for single cruisers? Solo cruisers?

It says line, not agent, agency, or other cruise-related site or message board. And of course, we now have a forum just for the Solo Cruisers started 03/10/06. Click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=373

The name of any agent/agency or other cruise-related site or message board -- even if "masked" -- is not allowed in Cruise Critic message board posts or signatures. Posts asking for the name, site or further information via e-mail, or posts offering same, will be removed as well as any replies to the deleted posts.

Per Community Guidelines:

... Messages posted in Cruise Critic must conform to our Community Guidelines found in this area. Posts that violate these guidelines will be removed from the cruise boards without notice...

... Our Cruise Boards are meant to be a cruiser's exchange of advice and tips where cruisers can talk about their travels -- not a marketplace for advertising and selling services. There are thousands of cruise professionals online and if we didn't insist on a non-solicitation policy the cruise boards would be very quickly overrun with nothing but ads...

... We're sorry, but Cruise Critic regrets that only official Cruise Critic Group Cruises may be promoted anywhere on our cruise forums. This includes graphics, links, banners and references to any non-Cruise Critic Group Cruise. Any promotional material posted on the forums about non-Cruise Critic Group Cruises will be removed without notice...

... Please note that Cruise Critic will, from time to time, make changes to these Community Guidelines without notice to reflect current climates within the Community. Additionally, every single issue that might possibly arise would be impossible to address within these guidelines. Therefore, just because a certain issue isn't raised here, doesn't mean it will be allowed (or disallowed, for that matter) within the Community...

For another thread concerning this issue, click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=380430

As for the types of websites mentioned in the previous post, try going to www.google.com and typing in "single cruises" to do your research. You will find many of the websites that your fellow Cruise Critic members would recommend if they could.

And now back to this thread's original topic. It appears the original poster A Hoya Oh Boya has not visited Cruise Critic since 07/14/06. Would there be anyone else that would like to take on the quest for a possible "Official Cruise Critic singles sailing"? If so, please click on Member Cruises in the blue bar above for more information. Then check out how to be a Cruise Critic Group Leader in 10 easy steps.

Wishing everyone lots of 080402gudl_prv.gif with their google search and sincerely hope someone will decide to take over Hoya Oh Boya's quest!

Kat

Hi all you singles out there...

It sounds to me like we need to get organized to use this forum correctly. The way I see it after reading the Host post (isn't that cute), we need to organize a cruise critic members cruise and gather as many singles as we can. I love planning and organizing and wouldn't mind doing this, since I'm on the computer all day and work from home, so I have flexibility.

I think the place to start is to figure out where the bulk of the people posting on this board would like to cruise. If everyone could respond, we'll get this ball rolling.

Excitedly awaiting your posts!

Donna:o

There is a ton of people intersted on here. I am leading the CC Group Cruise "Mayhem On The Miracle" April 07.

I can try and get something organized for New Years 07 for singles if you like. I am going to start a new thread and try and do a poll with some options first being cruise line and then itenerary.

So.. if thinking New Years look for that thread today after I do some research:D

Does anyone know what happened to the original OP?

Happy Cruising!

Donna

I see by one of the Mod screens you have your Show Signatures Option turned off. You need to turn it on since Donna has links in her signature you can click for the Mayhem On The Miracle Cruise Critic Group Cruise info.

As for her posting NY info, you can click on her user name Litewait over the words Cool Cruiser later on after she finishes her research. A pop-up menu will appear and you can click on Find all posts by Litewait. A screen will open to show a list of her last 250 posts. You can click on the title for the post you want to read & you will automatically go there.

Also, I think you are asking what is OP, not PO. OP stands for Original Poster, the one that started this thread and has not been back to Cruise Critic since 07/14/06.

So, how do you change your options you ask06.gif It is easy and here are all the steps:

1. Click on User CP next to FAQ on the left end of the blue bar above under the thread title
  2. Or click on Quick Links at the other end of the blue bar between Search and Log Out
  3. Scroll down to Edit Options and click
  4. Scroll down to Thread Display Options
  5. Click the box next to Show Signatures to turn them on
  6. Click the Save Changes button

Kat 050103cat_prv.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived