**OFF TOPIC*** - Cruise Fashions & Beauty Forum

Finally managed to get DD to take a picture of me with my beautiful prayer shawl that RoofingPrincess sent to me. Isn't it lovely? The cranberry color is one of my favourites - I wonder how RoofingPrincess knew.

MrsMoose - the shawl came from Gloria Dei Lutheran Prayer Shawl Ministry Knitters in Bristol, CT.

Sorry this post is so short, but I'm not feeling quite up to snuff this week, and I've had a busy day. I've got a Compassionate Friends meeting tonight, so I'm going to try and catch a few winks before dinner.

Sue

138_3867-2.JPG.834c1bde4f4d562df023a3c13d9f6822.JPG

Hi Sue,

Yes, the color is beautiful and suits you very well. You look wonderful.

I'm sorry you aren't feeling up to par, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. I remember I had good days and not so good days and really bad days but I kept positive and focused at all I wanted to do when it was all over.

I can see you are getting your hair back congrats.

Thank you for telling me. The prayer shawl ministry is in my opinion wonderful. It really adapts to all religions from what I know. People knit it while adding blessings and prayers to the shawl to comfort a loved one. It can also be done for blessings for a new mom etc. (not just for illness). They encourage people to bring it to their community and even with interfaith if I remember. I think it is a wonderful idea and so positive and uplifting. It was started by two women if I remember correctly. I know they have a website explaining a lot.

I continue to pray for you that all will be well and that you will have better days ahead. You are a true inspiration.

Just checking in to see how you are doing...............and there you are, with a beautiful prayer shawl! What a lovely color, and you look actually wonderful!

My prayers are joining with all the others, from Nevada. Do you have a map with all your prayers marked? I'll bet it would be amazing............... I had the prayers of a message board for my mother when she was in a terrible car accident........it was a miracle that she recovered, and is about to celebrate her 90th birthday......prayers DO work!

I so admire your upbeat attitude............God bless you...

Laine

What a lovely gift - hearing about the gift made me cry - I belong to a Lutheran church that also knits prayer shawls - I have never been involved in making any, but perhaps I should. If you don't mind I am going to share this story with my friends who do. Jan

Hi Sue...your looking wonderful!!! Hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Your shawl is beautiful, that is such a nice and thoughtful gift...prayers and hugs when ever you need them!!! My prayers are with you and your family.

Hi Bayyore...my prayers are also with you and your family. Best of luck tomorrow!!

Sue, Thanks for posting the pic. The shawl is lovely......and so are you. Hope today is a better day.

Good luck with your biopsy today....Bayyore. Just remember that 80% of biopsys are negative. Praying for good news for you.

What a lovely gift - hearing about the gift made me cry - I belong to a Lutheran church that also knits prayer shawls - I have never been involved in making any, but perhaps I should. If you don't mind I am going to share this story with my friends who do. Jan

Jan, did a search and found this link to the Prayer Shawl Ministry sight. It explains it all - most interesting. http://www.shawlministry.com/

Early morning here on the west coast - and a bit chilly. I'm off to sit on the patio, wrapped in my shawl of course, and enjoy my first cup of coffee.

Sue

Thank you for the link

It reminds me of a quote that I embroidered many years ago on a wall hanging.

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing,

therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow human

being let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not

pass this way again."

Stephen Grellet, 1773-1855

French-born Quaker Minister

People are amazingly wonderful - Jan

I've spent the last several days with a friend who has no relatives, who was having knee replacement surgery, she is doing great! Wish I could have had one of those shawls to wrap her up in!!! Red is your color!...bet pink would look great as well! Will look to the website ...keep us up to date...and keep that wonderful face shining!!! LuAnn

What a wonderful bunch here! I didn't expect so many people to read my post and actually care about me. I am touched. Thank you. ~~Hugs~~

Sue, I'm so sorry you're not feeling too good right now. I hope for some better days for you. ~~~~~Hugs, hugs, hugs~~~~~~

And I had the stereotactic biopsy at Sloan Kettering today. They are so compassionate and professional there. They numbed the area so well, it barely hurt and here I was so scared! It hurts now but it's ok. Well, sigh, I had a long talk with the radiologist who ran the precedure(afterwards) and I asked her for anhonest opinion. She said...."it doesn't look good"...."looks like early stage bc"...."even if it's not cancer yet, I need to excise the area where these micro calcifications are becasue they don't look good" So Basically, the minimum is surgery. I pray it's early,early and non aggressive.

I am 40 and this was my first mammo and I have no family history of breast cancer. I have exercised, eaten mostly organic or healthy made fromscratch foods my entire life. I meditate, take antioxidents, prefer veggies over meat, grew up on fish....Basically I do everything right.

My kids just turned 13 and 17. We have lost 4 close relatives in the last 5 years.

I am rambling...sorry..it was an exhausting day...we were stuck in traffic for 3 hours too

Holly

Holly (Bayyore), I am sending cyber-hugs and courageous energy to you - can you feel it? Did they give you an indication when you would have all of your results? Waiting is so hard. Please keep us posted, try to rest and surround yourself with loving, positive people. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Sue

Wow, what an amazing thread. Thank you, Sue, for sharing your story and your incredible spirit of grace and courage with us. You have been an inspiration and a ray of light to me on a day when I needed it badly.

Coincidentally, I just happened to do a self-exam last night ... I'm sorry to say I'm lousy at remembering to do it and am very sporatic ... and felt a lump in my left breast. Just to make sure I wasn't imagining it, I had my husband verify that it did indeed feel like there is a marble in the center of my breast.

I didn't call my doc today (yes I know I'll get berated for that here!) as I have my annual mammogram scheduled for July 6th anyway. (Well that, and I suppose I was trying to forget I ever felt it ... hmmm, denial much?!?)

But that wasn't what brought me here. I had other things on my mind tonight when I logged on to CC and this post for prayer caught my attention. I had not seen it before this evening. But prayer was definitely on my mind so your post caught my eye ... you see I just lost my Mom 35 days ago (but who's counting? :( ) and prayer is most certainly what I'm hanging on to in these difficult days of grieving.

So ... it was very timely that I see your post. Not only to be reminded NOT to ignore that pesky little "marble" (I will call the doc tomorrow) but also to be reminded that life is so sweet, attitude is everything, and that our God takes care of us when we're hurting!!

Thank you.

Holly (Bayyore), I am sending cyber-hugs and courageous energy to you - can you feel it? Did they give you an indication when you would have all of your results? Waiting is so hard. Please keep us posted, try to rest and surround yourself with loving, positive people. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Sue

Yes, Sue, thank you.

Waiting is hard and I'm glad I asked for her initial feeling. I need to prepare myself for this phone call. I should hear something by Mon or Tues. I will keep you posted

~~Hugs~~

Sue, you look wonderful wrapped in your prayer shawl - I've gone onto the website and downloaded the pattern so I can begin one to give away. I don't have anybody in mind right now, but I'm sure I will before it is finished. I'm continuing to keep you in my daily prayers and send you my best wishes. If you want, I can also try sending you some of our warm Saskatchewan weather - remember, "it's a dry heat", so it won't frizz up your new hair! :)

Holly, I pray for you, too, hoping that your fight will be unwavering, knowing that there are people here wishing you well again.

Kat_in_Texas - I'm sorry to hear abour your Mom - it's awful losing our mothers, I know what you're going through. My Mom passed away 21 years ago and I still have teary days, wishing I could have her back. My heart goes out to you.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Hi ladies.

First, Bayyore, try to stay calm. I will pray for you as I'm sure all the other ladies here will.

I know you are asking yourself questions, that you did it all right and why you? But the truth of the matter is they don't know why. You could do everything right and get it and you could do everything wrong and not get it, there is no answer. I know that may not be much comfort for you, but for me it was. The fact that I knew it had nothing to do with me, actually gave me comfort and I write this in the hopes that it will help in some small way.

Kat in texas, please try to stay calm. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom, my deepest sympathies and condolances to you and your family. I will pray for you also. Call your doctor, get it over with, waiting won't make it go away and sooner is always better.

Sue, you are an inspiration, I hope you are having a better day today.Please know that all the ladies here are in my prayers and thoughs.

Hugs to all

Hello again Sue,

I thought I would share with you another incredible woman's fight with the "Big C". She shares her journey on a Caringbridge site, and her faith and courage (like yours!) are so inspiring and have taught me so much. (Caringbridge is a service that provides websites to families or individuals with health issues which allows them to post updates/journals to more easily share with family and friends about their condition, treatments, etc.)

Lynn's site is www.caringbridge.org/tx/lynnnewman.

I don't know Lynn personally but she lives just 12-15 miles from me. I feel like I know her as I have been following her progress for over a year, and leave messages of encouragement on her website almost daily. Lynn is such a fighter, she has an amazing family and an army of prayer warriors, and as I said she has been such an inspiration, not only to me but to hundreds if not thousands of people around the world who follow her story. Many have shared in the online guestbook that they have been brought to Christ or returned to their faith as a result of reading Lynn's journal. Lynn is currently fighting her third battle with breast cancer.

On a separate note, I plan to call my doctor this morning and move my mammogram up from July 6th to next week if possible. I realized last night that I wasn't imagining the lump in my left breast and it didn't go away in the course of a day! I'll let you know what I find out.

I pray you have a wonderful restful day, that your chemo side affects are minimal today, and that you can get outside in that garden and enjoy the sunshine. (Here in Dallas it's supposed to be 101 degrees today ... I do hope it's not that hot in Canada! :p )

To ger_77 & Mrs.Moose ...

Thank you so much for the kind thoughts. I was having a tough day when I posted yesterday and your sweet words helped lift my spirits. This grieving is hard work sometimes! I do miss my mom terribly, but rejoice that she's happy, whole, and reunited in heaven with my dad. My dad just passed away in September (and we lost both of my in-laws the year before that) so it's been a challenging year. It's so reassuring to know that because of Jesus we will all be together again one day ... I'm holding on to that promise tightly and praising God for it!

As I posted to Sue just a moment ago, I do plan to contact my doctor this morning and move my mammogram up if possible. I'm not panicking or too worried, as I had a previous scare like this several years ago and it was a cyst. I will let you know though!

Thanks again. Hope you both have a wonderful day today and a fun weekend coming up!

Holly, I pray for you, too, hoping that your fight will be unwavering, knowing that there are people here wishing you well again.

Kat_in_Texas - I'm sorry to hear abour your Mom - it's awful losing our mothers, I know what you're going through. My Mom passed away 21 years ago and I still have teary days, wishing I could have her back. My heart goes out to you.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thank you for your prayers, it helps knowing others do care. And I know too, about how hard it is to lose your mom. I lost mine 19 years ago this month and I still have days that the hurt feels brand new again. I wish she was a part of my boys' lives--but she died before they were born. My biggest fear with this is my boys knowing the pain of losing their loving mom way too soon and of not being a part of my future grandkids' lives. Here is my dream and my goal--To be a large loving part of my future grandkids' lives. There I wrote it down---Don't they recommend writing your goals down so they are more likely to be met?

Kat--see to this asap--def get the mammo moved up-- but try not to worry unduly--I had a marble sized lump in 1991 and it turned out to be a harmless always benign type of fatty tumor. Scary at the time though. Hugs

Sue--have you tried the breastcancer.org website? There's a lot of support and information on the message boards. I joined recently;maybe I'll see you there sometime too?

A year and a half ago I had a lump removed from my breast. Thank God it turned out to be just fatty tissue. But the weeks between when I found the lump and finally had the surgery were very difficult.

Please know you are in my prayers.

Archived