Aloha deck-Sea Princess

Eddie4Paws

Hi. We are booked on the Sea Princess, Aloha deck, inside cabin, aft. Does anyone have any experience with this area? The deck plan shows a small outside aft deck area, but can you access it from from the stateroom corridors? Any info would be appreciated.

Eddie -

Yes, it is a nice area, but a word of caution- Even though there are signs requesting that people be considerate and not slam doors, I have found that they do indeed slam all day long. So much so that I gave up trying to relax back there. Part of it I am sure is the wind, but could be stopped if people would take a second to hold the door while it closes.

So, if an afternoon shut eye is in your schedule, you may want to be sure your cabin is a bit forward- just far enough to not hear the banging.

We loved our Aloha Deck inside toward the back of the Sea Princess, but if I may make one suggestion, it would be to get one on the starboard side instead of the port side...we were right under the free weights, and people did drop them on the floor (and there was no sign posted above asking them not to do that). We were on a very port intensive 2 week itinerary, so it wasn't a real issue, but we booked the same cruise for next winter, and moved over to the starboard side. That is right under the aerobics studio and spa treatment rooms, and any noise will be very isolated to the once a day aerobics classes.

We loved the back deck area, and also the access to the 4 aft hot tubs without going through the spa area.

We are booked in a balcony cabin, starboard, near the stern (but not an aft cabin) on the Sea Princess.

Is there also outdoor access at the stern on the Caribe deck?

According to the deck plan, there are aft suites and minisuites on that deck. In view of that fact, I doubt that there is any access to the outside for other PAX. But I could wish there was. Would be an interesting view.

Gooch... are there loungers on the small aft Aloha deck area? We're on the port side but nearer the aft elevators and even though we have a balcony, I was hoping to be able to go out there, find a lounger and read.

If there are suites back there, there isn't any access. I'm trying to remember. I think the Aloha Deck was the lowest of that group of public areas. Yep ... I remember a security person standing on that deck for the fire watch of the balconies for the suites. What a boring job that poor man (men??) had.

Archived