Need Opinions - Which stateroom is better?

This is my first post. I currently have stateroom 9022 booked for a Radiance December cruise but I'm considering switching to another stateroom (9002) that has become available. Both have a sofabed which we need, but 9022 is a connecting stateroom (not a big deal) that is close to the elevator. My biggest concern with this one is that we'll hear the elevator noise. The other stateroom,9002, is very close to the front of the ship so we may feel more motion. Which would you choose? Any thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated!

I'm not that familiar with the Radiance, but we were on the Navigator (on the hump) right next to the elevator. No noise whatsoever, as there is a wall that separates it that is not shown on the plans. Also, very convenient to go up to the pool deck, etc. I'd keep the one at the elevator.

If it were me, I would take the cabin that is NOT a connecting stateroom. I don't know about the Radiance but we had an inside cabin on the Navigator with a connecting stateroom and because of the door, our sitting area had a chair instead of a love seat. Not a big deal but there is some wasted space in your cabin if you have a connecting cabin and don't use it. as far as being close to the elevator, we had cabin 9592 on the Radiance last year which is close to the elevator and we never heard anything. Elevators on cruise ships are pretty quiet in most cases.

Tim

Both cabins are pretty far forward. Is there any other choices? Even on a different floor? You will feel more motion in the forward section because the front of the boat is cutting through the waves.If you are concerned call either RCCL or your ta and get a listing of other rooms if they are available. The least amount of motion is midship and lower.

Sue

I was right near the elevator on Explorer- and since I booked a guarantee had no choice but to take what I got. When I saw on the ship layout where I was I was dreading the constant traffic, but was very surprised to find that I did not hear a lot of noise- day or night.

I agree, there is very limited noise from the elevator. You may hear an occasional conversation from someone who just got off but that is very limited. Just check your adjoining room lock to make sure it is locked daily. I have never had a problem.

I agree, there is very limited noise from the elevator. You may hear an occasional conversation from someone who just got off but that is very limited. Just check your adjoining room lock to make sure it is locked daily. I have never had a problem.

Both cabins are pretty far forward. Is there any other choices? Even on a different floor? You will feel more motion in the forward section because the front of the boat is cutting through the waves.If you are concerned call either RCCL or your ta and get a listing of other rooms if they are available. The least amount of motion is midship and lower.

Sue

We are on the Dec. 9. 2006 sailing. There are only a few other balconies left so there is not much to choose from. The one we have is the most mid-ship we could get. Everything else is really far-forward. We are also limited because, with my 3 year old daughter, we need a stateroom with a sofabed. Thanks for everyones feedback. We'll probably keep the stateroom we have.

• 5 months later...
This is my first post. I currently have stateroom 9022 booked for a Radiance December cruise but I'm considering switching to another stateroom (9002) that has become available. Both have a sofabed which we need, but 9022 is a connecting stateroom (not a big deal) that is close to the elevator. My biggest concern with this one is that we'll hear the elevator noise. The other stateroom,9002, is very close to the front of the ship so we may feel more motion. Which would you choose? Any thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated!

Katsmom1, we're considering booking this room, Radiance 9022. We'll be travelling with our 4 year old and 10 month old. Did you end up in this room, and how did it work out for you? I'm figuring we won't bother with the pullman, and will put the 4 year old on the sofabed and the baby in a crib (our travel agent says there's enough room for a crib.)

We're travelling with my in-laws, so the connecting door is a plus for us, and these were the only connecting door cabins available.

Archived