Amerisuites recently?

39august

How is this hotel holding up? Has anything changed yet? Have your Value trip rates been honored?

We have reservations at the Amerisuites in December pre cruise. Have there been alot of problems or something we don't know about. We did get a good rate for the night but I have heard about people getting there and "there were no more rooms".

It has been bought by Hyatt, but when I contacted them about 2 months ago to confirm my reservation in Nov., made thru Value Trips, I was told no renovations had begun. I thought I read somewhere that it was getting very run down, prior to renovations.

We are considering booking a suite at this Hotel,pre+ post cruise Nov./06 thru Valutrip.Anyone stayed there lately,+ has anyone used Valutrip to book same?

Any comments would be appreciated.Thanks

It has been bought by Hyatt, but when I contacted them about 2 months ago to confirm my reservation in Nov., made thru Value Trips, I was told no renovations had begun. I thought I read somewhere that it was getting very run down, prior to renovations.

yeah, heard that also. Also heard that they overbook and then don't "have any rooms" when customers arrive to check-in. We have friends staying there in Sept. pre-cruise so we'll find out from them how it is, may do a back up reservation somewhere else just in case.

SHayesShip, unfortunately you won't know if they honor your valuetrip reservations until you check-in.

All I can do is go by past history of staying there in 2002, 2004 and 2005 all through Value Trips. But, I guess things can change. I always confirm my reservations ahead of time before showing up and so far have not had problems.

yeah, heard that also. Also heard that they overbook and then don't "have any rooms" when customers arrive to check-in. We have friends staying there in Sept. pre-cruise so we'll find out from them how it is, may do a back up reservation somewhere else just in case.

SHayesShip, unfortunately you won't know if they honor your valuetrip reservations until you check-in.

We just stayed at the Amerisuites on 17th st on 7/28 booked through Valutrips.com- I thought it was a great deal for $69 per night.

They picked us up at the airport ten minutes after I called them.

The hotel is clean and in good condition- I had read some negative reviews also and started to second guess whether I had done the right thing,but I didn't see ANY problem there. It is not the Waldorf-AStoria in terms of glamor,but neither are their prices.It is an average hotel,such as you would see Holiday Inn/Ramada etc- no obvious problems

Our room was on the second floor,no view except the parking lot,but oh well. Our room was clean and spacious,we had two beds/bathroom/vanity area/kitchenette with microwave and fridge/seating area with sofa and armchairs. The bathroom was clean,the tub was peeling in places but since I only shower that didn't affect me.

The front desk staff was welcoming and helpful.

In the morning we had a 'continental' breakfast- sweet rolls/bagels/cereals/waffles that you make yourself,usual coffees in a small cafe area. Then they took us over to the ship. There was no waiting or crowding and this was 7/28.

The hotel has a small pool,towels provided. Clean and nicely landscaped.

Two doors away there is an Outback steakhouse,there are some other restaurants on a busy road within easy walking distance. The hotel is set back off the road and it is quiet.

ACross the parking lot at the back and catacorner is a Publix supermarket on a strip mall- there is also a liquor store in case you need last minute supplies,with bargain prices.

Just across from the side of the hotel there is a UPS box,the Sun Trolley stop is there- you can catch a free circular ride to the town/beach area which was very pleasant.

It would be a very LONG walk to the beach if that is what you need.

I wouldn'e hesitate in suggesting this hotel,it was a bargain for three of us.

With so much uncertainty about Amerisuites....why not use the Hotwire website, for 109 per nite stay at the Renaissance a 4* in Downtown/Los Alamos?

No way to start or end a good time to be in turmoil.

Linda

No we didn't have to sign up. When the driver picked us up at the airport he told us to just come on down for breakfast the next day and they would start shuttling around 11am. We were in the first bus to leave,they had two minibuses shuttling and there was no line.

Not sure why you say there's "so much turmoil about Amerisuites"- I just gave it a recommendation and others on the same cruise stayed there and made the same positive comments.....

Hi emdia, I agree with your post. Seems this thread

has been very positive:)

I have stayed at Amerisuites twice and will be there again

in December as well.

I know after reading these boards for over 3 years Amerisuites

has been one of those hotels where people like or hate it.

If you want a 5 star, fancy place it is probably not for that

person.

But I do agree with you, this thread has been quite civil

with many positive comments:)

Hi emdia, I agree with your post. Seems this thread

has been very positive:)

I have stayed at Amerisuites twice and will be there again

in Decemeber as well.

I know after reading these boards for over 3 years Amerisuites

has been one of those hotels where people like or hate it.

If you want a 5 star, fancy place it is probably not for that

person.

But I do agree with you, this thread has been quite civil

with many positive comments:)

emdia and LoisR, you're both definitely right about the positive comments and for sure Amerisuites is the "right price" and is close enough we should be first in line to board the ship the next morning. Now if December would only get here.

We were just there August 4th. We booked with valuetrips.

We had a GREAT room, VERY CLEAN AND NEAT. Was it the Ritz, no, but it was very nice. For our rate of $69 it was AWESOME.

We also had no problems with our reservation.

Also agree with the others, no problem getting picked up at the airport (10-15 minute wait at best). Took us to the port with no problem as well and add very little wait in getting there.

We would highly recommend this hotel unless you want the Ritz, the go somewhere else.

Tim & Crystal

I had booked a room at Amerisuites last month for our cruise in December. After reading the prior posts, it's making me wonder if our reservations will still be honored (we booked through expedia). We had mentioned to other ppl in our group to reserved there because of it's proximity to the pier.

Is there shuttle service to the pier? I remember the hotel that I had stayed in San Pedro, CA offered that and it was quite convenient.

Archived