Solstice & Eqinox

packed&ready!

I already called Celebrity when I heard about them and asked when we could start booking and they said Fall 2008 and Spring 2009 was when the new ships were coming out(I think) so maybe by Spring 2007 we would be able to book one--:) I can't wait either--it's been a long time coming :) I love exploring a large ship but want the Celebrity feel. Even if they can't do it exactly the way they do it on a smaller ship I still bet that it will be heads and shoulders above the others :)

Just got off the Constellation and the future cruise rep said she had seen a picture of the new ships. Unfortunately she didn't keep a copy and could only say they look very different from the current ships. I can't wait to see a picture!

Hi Gitte--

where is the picture--do you have one? Hope they do not resemble Freedom of the Seas which appears like a floating shopping mall! Biogger not always better...we will test the theory soon on our trip on QM 2....

Just got off the Constellation and the future cruise rep said she had seen a picture of the new ships. Unfortunately she didn't keep a copy and could only say they look very different from the current ships. I can't wait to see a picture!

Did she try to sell you a bridge as well?:rolleyes:

When the keel is laid and constuction begins you will see it here:

http://www.meyerwerft.de/main.asp?what=yard&id=1221

Did she try to sell you a bridge as well?:rolleyes:

When the keel is laid and constuction begins you will see it here:

http://www.meyerwerft.de/main.asp?what=yard&id=1221

Hi C 2 C !

Here is the same link, but with the text in English.

http://www.meyerwerft.de/main.asp?what=yard&id=1221&lang=e

Latestnews:

Finland's Kone receives large order to supply cruise ships

14.8.2006 at 15:42

Finnish lift manufacturer, Kone, announced on Monday the receipt of an order from Celebrity Cruises to design, supply and install lifts for three passenger cruise ships. Kone is to supply a total of 69 units including passenger elevators, service elevators and dumbwaiters.

The company did not specify the value of the order.

The ships measuring over 300 metres in length are to be built at the German Meyer Wertf dock. The first ship is expected to be ready by October 2008, and the last by June 2010.

I that that sketch from a couple of months ago. Quite different than the current ships; so many balconies. I think it has two circular funnels instead of one massive funnel. White and blue livery.

Inside.... a grand atrium, luxurious shopping, several specialty restaurants, large staterooms, an "off-Broadway" theater, and some sort of garden feature. I also heard that they were going to give guests the option of personal choice dining, like with Princess.

Construction begins in December.

Has anything been built or not? If not, then there are no photographs. Perhaps design renderings. I'd be interested, too. I'm surprised that the Celebrity website isn't "teasing" these ships...

Hi Drew !

Unless they are building this ship in a garage, building has not started yet. I am sure we will all hear about it, the moment construction begins on Solstice.

I agree that it would be great if Celebrity teased us on their website. Sadly, every Cruise Line is very tight lipped about their newbuild plans, as all of the competitors are watching each other VERY closely these days. In all honestly, I cannot blame Celebrity at all for playing it close to the vest. If I was running the company, I would be very tight lipped as well.

As for the comment about Personal Choice dining ? I would hate to see it happen, but it would not shock me at all. I probably would be ok with it, as long as Personal Choice is an OPTION, and assigned seating times in the Dining Room continued to exist as it does now. This way, they can please everyone.

Andy,

I agree with you about the personal choice dinning.

I would also like to see these ships doing 7 day cruises year round in the Caribbean.

I just returned from the Adventure of the Sea, while it was a nice cruise, I would MUCH rather be on Celebrity.

Archived