Why are there no member cruise reviews on any of the Louis Cruise ships on this site?

A Sixth?

I wrote one for the Sea Diamond this June and it never showed up.

As a matter of fact, there are no CC reviews on Louis cruises either? Why, there seems to be enough people cruising on their ships.

My reviews as others for NCL or Princess or whatever get posted, why not Louis?

Anyone else write a review that never got posted?

Yes I have also submitted a reviewswhich was never posted, so I have never bothered again. I was told the PTB do not permit members reviews of ships which have not been 'officially' reviewed by CC. However this is complete nonsense as some vessels do indeed have members reviews without an official CC review.

Yes I have also submitted a reviewswhich was never posted, so I have never bothered again. I was told the PTB do not permit members reviews of ships which have not been 'officially' reviewed by CC. However this is complete nonsense as some vessels do indeed have members reviews without an official CC review.

I can't believe that there won't be any member reviews of ships unless a CC exec has sailed it and wrote their report!!!!???:eek: That's ludicrous. Sure, maybe one stand alone member review, needing some balance, but when there are dozens like there must be for some of the Louis ships like the Pearla.....

Isn't the point of a web site like CC to read about others opinions?

Hey CC! What's to scoop? :confused:

There are in fact several threads on the Perla and another ship. Just do a thread search for "Louis" cruiseline or "Perla" and you will find it. I did a search a few weeks ago for a friend of mine who is leaving today for a Greek Isles tour.

I suspect like most things in life today it is all about being "market driven", if there isn’t a perceived market for a product, and by that for CC I mean if a Ship Review, a Cruise Line and or Destinations which do not appeal to the prime Northern American market then it doesn’t get a boarding pass, so to speak!

There are a number of "fringe" Cruise Lines that are primarily servicing European and Asian markets that appear to have limited appeal to the USA Cruise Traveler that don’t receive much support from CC or any of the other Cruise Websites that have their origins in the USA.

I am sorry to say that there appears to be a somewhat isolationists policy that manifests itself in what by is seen many as a perceived lack of interest in anything outside of the US sphere of influence, and that is sad for the USA, as they are missing out on so much in this big World of ours.:(

I suspect like most things in life today it is all about being "market driven", ...

I am sorry to say that there appears to be a somewhat isolationists policy that manifests itself in what by is seen many as a perceived lack of interest in anything outside of the US sphere of influence, and that is sad for the USA, as they are missing out on so much in this big World of ours.

I don't think that is an apt generalization for cruise passengers, or at least, those who venture outside the familiar and homogenized bounds of the Caribbean.

The fact is, many cruise lines do not have much of a presence in the US and it is comparatively difficult to find an agent knowledgeable enough to book some of the less well known lines. Just getting information about a relatively well-known line such as P&O is quite difficult. Price is another consideration. If you have to pay a premium to sail on such lines, it's a great leap of faith to make that investment with an operator who is not well known.

I googled Louis Cruise Lines and they do offer some interesting itineraries.

I don't think that is an apt generalization for cruise passengers, or at least, those who venture outside the familiar and homogenized bounds of the Caribbean.

The fact is, many cruise lines do not have much of a presence in the US and it is comparatively difficult to find an agent knowledgeable enough to book some of the less well known lines. Just getting information about a relatively well-known line such as P&O is quite difficult. Price is another consideration. If you have to pay a premium to sail on such lines, it's a great leap of faith to make that investment with an operator who is not well known.

I googled Louis Cruise Lines and they do offer some interesting itineraries.

We choose it for the itinerary, the Greek Islands were fantastic, the cruise ship was a 2 1/2 star.

It just seems that there have been so many members asking about these cruises, why not have a few members reviews online even though the CC executives haven't themselves been there/done that.

Could you imagine Trip Advisor not posting members reviews unless one of the Trip Advisor people had stayed in the hotel first? No one would ever use the site.

• 1 month later...
Guest Anorak33

Another cruise line which is flourishing and now expanding to 5 ships is Fred Olsen, sailing out of England with mostly British passengers. This could do with its own forum as many US cruisers might be interested although as previously mentioned they would not find it so easy to book through their regular US travel agent.

Its a good quality experience on Fred Olsen ships and reminiscent of a bygone era which is desirable to some cruisers.

Another cruise line which is flourishing and now expanding to 5 ships is Fred Olsen, sailing out of England with mostly British passengers. This could do with its own forum as many US cruisers might be interested although as previously mentioned they would not find it so easy to book through their regular US travel agent.

Its a good quality experience on Fred Olsen ships and reminiscent of a bygone era which is desirable to some cruisers.

Fred Olsan is another example of a line that "doesn't exist" in the Cruise Critic review world. Why not? Lots of people have sailed them and likely, like my review on the Louis Sea Diamond lots of member reviews are tossed out because a CC Exec must get a free sail from the cruise company before anything (other than BB discussion) gets posted.

By WWW standards that is inexcusable.

• 4 months later...

I agree with the comments. I am looking at travelling on Louis Lines 'Emerald', 39 nights Rome to Sydney, but no reviews of ship on here. No American travellers go on it, and CC is a American site, through and through.:confused:

As I said previously,

I suspect like most things in life today it is all about being "market driven", if there isn’t a perceived market for a product, and by that for CC I mean if a Ship Review, a Cruise Line and or Destinations which do not appeal to the prime Northern American market then it doesn’t get a boarding pass, so to speak!

There are a number of "fringe" Cruise Lines that are primarily servicing European and Asian markets that appear to have limited appeal to the USA Cruise Traveler that don’t receive much support from CC or any of the other Cruise Websites that have their origins in the USA.

Nothing will change until the US Cruising Public, start to demand access to Cruises and Ships outside of those directly under US control.

How Sad.:(

Regards, BJC

I don't think it is an USA problem. Try finding Majestic America Line review. As for "- -Cruises and Ships outside of those directly under US control-" Majestic America Line fits that to a T - and still very few reviews - most boats show NONE. And yes, many of the reviews never get posted.

I suspect like most things in life today it is all about being "market driven", if there isn’t a perceived market for a product....

I am sorry to say that there appears to be a somewhat isolationists policy that manifests itself in what by is seen many as a perceived lack of interest in anything outside of the US sphere of influence, and that is sad for the USA, as they are missing out on so much in this big World of ours.:(

Isolationist? How immature and uninformed a response.

Do you pay full price or the discounted membership premium for your time on Cruise Critic? Of course you, just like me, pay nothing. That's because it is free. It can be free BECAUSE it is market-driven.

If you think we are being isolationist, why don't you take advantage of that market opportunity and start a cruise review website that is NOT oriented on the popular cruises. Focus on the one-offs, the marginals, the one-of-a-kinds. And then try to sell your advertisers on how they should pay you based on your very loyal, but very small boutique group of viewers. I give you about 18 months before you're in bankruptcy court. But then, that will probably be George Bush's fault too, won't it?

If you look at the reviews section of this site you will notice that there are NUMEROUS options for reviews on many of the non-US sailing market. However this website doesn't have unlimited space so they don't include every single ship that has ever sailed the seas. No there are no reviews for freight ship passage either.

Interesting note about the Louis ships only having 4 "real' life boats. It is also the same for the new discount line "Easy Cruise."

CC does not maintain official review areas for all ships and lines, however if you dig around the boards there are several reviews for louis' ships in various threads.

There are other sites which you can google which have the odd Louis review here and there.

Another line absent from the CC official reviews is Imperial Majesty Cruise Lines and their one ship the Regal Empress. Fortunately there is a place on the boards specifically for this line, but no CC review. I find this a little odd simply because this ship 1) Caters to the US market 2) While a small ship, since she only does 2 night cruises, departs every other day all year long this line actually is a significant player out of Port Everglades (based on passenger boardings for overnight cruises, Impiral Majesty was the top cruise line out of port everlades, go figure!)

Hi Scott Cyn,

Mate you got it right when you said “Focus on the one-offs, the marginals, the one-of-a-kinds. And then try to sell your advertisers on how they should pay you based on your very loyal, but very small boutique group of viewers. I give you about 18 months before you're in bankruptcy court.

It’s all about money, nothing about providing an opportunity for other Cruise Lines that do not “advertise” with CC, or provide parties, or get invitations to dine at the Captains Table, or the like, to get a look in!:(

I’m sorry and saddened that you seem to miss the point, that unfortunately you, that is the “Royal You”, the USA, gives us, the rest of the World, the impression rightfully or wrongfully, that you are “isolationists”, and only interested in your own immediate sphere of influence.

As for it all being George Bushes fault, that was your call, under the Westminster Principle of Government, as you say “the buck stops with the man, or woman, at the top”!

Happy cruising,

Regards, BJC

From Australia (remember us, colation of the willing, and still there?):p

Archived