Past Cruisers take note...

gonna go cruising

Princess.com had a sale that started yesterday. Seems all prices went down on our sailing at least in March. All balconies were the same price. All minisuites the same price, etc. At first we lowered our minisuite price by over 300 but later changed to two balconies for less than one minisuite. Heads up even if you are already booked to check on your price today as long as you have not made final payment. You may save some more! We sure did.

When in March are you sailing? I just looked at our sailing on 03/04/07 and the price for a BA on Caribe is identical to the price we got back in April.

We are on the March 11 sailing. Did you log in to see pricing? Maybe it is a regional thing. We are paying less for four people in two cabins on Caribe than we paid last summer for three in one on Caribe.

You must have gotten a great price back in April.

Yikes, time to call the TA. The 1st time I looked I had not bothered to sign all the way in. As you directed I just did and yes there is a BIG reduction. Many thanks!!! Barb

You are quite welcome. Hey every little bit adds up. This is not just a little bit though! I asked the agent when it started as I check almost daily to see (second price drop...first was not much at all) and was told just yesterday it had changed. I looked at some other sailings and it does appear it is pretty much just on CB in March.

Thanks for the tip. While the reduction was only $20 per person that is $40 for a cat BA on the Dawn for Feb 5th. I can spend that money elsewhere. We already had one price drop a couple of months ago.

I did notice that a BB is like $200 less than a BA so I might even change categories for $400 in savings. Any thoughts on that issue? I can't imagine that a BB is that much different than a BA. Right?

Thanks for the tip. While the reduction was only $20 per person that is $40 for a cat BA on the Dawn for Feb 5th. I can spend that money elsewhere. We already had one price drop a couple of months ago.

I did notice that a BB is like $200 less than a BA so I might even change categories for $400 in savings. Any thoughts on that issue? I can't imagine that a BB is that much different than a BA. Right?

Location on the ship is only difference. Look and see what in BB is available and decide that way.

Its good to check on a regular basis. While there is no recent reduction on our cruise (March 24, 2007) there was a reduction around August 30 for past cruisers only, and it is still the same price.

Cheryl, did you login to get the personalized pricing for past passengers? All of the March sailings on CB had the reduction when I looked.

Edit:nevermind I see you are on the Grand. I did not check that, only the CB.

LOL, yes, I did log in. I think the Princess computer does an 'analysis' of the bookings on a continuous basis and then decides when to reduce prices; seems like different ships and dates and regions get different offers at different times. In your case, it was this week; in ours it was last month. My post above was to alert all cruisers to keep checking, as you never know when your turn might come.

Price was the same. No reduction.

Also, the fare was the same after I signed in.... As a past passenger I thought the price would have came down.... But didn't. . .:(

The fares change when it's closer to the sail date. Which is usually after final payment. At which time nothing can be done....Only for those who book at the last moment...

It's a great idea to keep checking with the Princess website to see what current pricing is. We got a $150 pp reduction for our Diamond cruise for a BB category a couple of weeks ago. They are still pricing at the rate that is lower than our original booking. Feels great when you save some money, doesn't it? :)

there is some interesting pricing going on.....in an inside room, you can do a B2B (20 days total) on the Sun in March for the same price as the 14day Sea in March....identical ships, but 6 days more for no extra fare. (Makes we wonder if we should cancel our Sea booking and do 2 trips on the Sun)

Thank you so much for the head's up! I checked the site and the price was much lower on the website. I immediately called the TA and got the price even lower! I saved over $1300 total for our two cabins on the April 1st sailing of the CB. What a great way to start the weekend.

Another thank you for posting this! I've been checking regularly - even checked yesterday - and then today, lo and behold, prices were lower on our sailing. We're on the Sun on Jan 29 and actually changed from an II cabin to an I (same deck, same type of cabin - different location) and that got us a price drop that wasn't in place yesterday. When we originally booked II and I were the same price.

Thanks! We've had three price drops since we booked last May.

Thank you so much for the head's up! I checked the site and the price was much lower on the website. I immediately called the TA and got the price even lower! I saved over $1300 total for our two cabins on the April 1st sailing of the CB. What a great way to start the weekend.

I agree! I just had to pass it on since we were so thrilled with our pricing! I am glad to see that some of you were able to take advantage of it as well.

After reading your post I checked princess.com and the price for our two BD balcony cabins on the 3/24/07 sailing of the Diamond Princess to Mexico went down by $70 pp. I called our TA and was able to get the price reduction, saving our family of four $280. Thanks very much and I'll keep checking until final payment in January.

I noticed a price reduction on our BB cabin for April late Friday and emailed my TA. But she doesn't work weekends. If the price goes back up on Monday, can I still get the reduction? It's about a 200.00 savings right now.

I noticed a price reduction on our BB cabin for April late Friday and emailed my TA. But she doesn't work weekends. If the price goes back up on Monday, can I still get the reduction? It's about a 200.00 savings right now.

Your problem is the very reason I do not use an agent anymore. I hope they are still low then. Did you leave the agent a message? Hopefully they will make good on it anyway if you did.

Good luck.

Archived