Millennium - Just Back from the 23rd September Venice to Barcelona cruise

excitedofharpenden

Lois, search out Jovel from Honduras and Joel from the Philipinnes. They were top notch as waiter and assistant for us. If you see Jovel, ask him Mr Phil's favourite dessert ingredient:) Phil

We had Jovel in May and plan to in November. He is fantastic! What a great charactor.

Glad you had a good time

Ian :D

Although the cruise was nice I was very disappointed that the Agua Spa and all the jacuzzis were not working. I realize that these things happen but to not have back up parts available is very odd. The only explanation I got from staff was some remark about the Millie being a old ship. My hunch is that once equiptment went down they likely knew this was not going to be fixed for the duration of the cruise.

I wonder if this had been repaired for the Barcelona to Venice cruise?

greasyregs:

THANKS FOR HELPING OUT.

Which ports had shuttles, and how was the disembarking time frame in those ports?

When could you get the shuttle tickets ? Day/night before shuttle ports, or all at the beginning of the cruise ?

Same question re tendering.

Did you have to go to the "staging areas" for tendering, or could you "beat the crowd" by going straight to the deck you disembarked from ?

How did you get from your hotel to the port ? Alilaguna ?

Did you walk, or take the bus shuttle, to the Alilaguna at the airport ?

Where did the Celebrity shuttle take you in Venice ? Piazzale Roma and San Marco, or only one of them ?

When was mustering ?

When was the Connections Party ?

How was the Greek Buffet, or did you go to the Specialty Dining, or open seating in the main dining room that night ?

Was there anything on board the first night in Venice ? Last night in Barcelona ?

YOUR HELP WILL BE INVALUABLE !!!!

Hi Phil !

Welcome Home. I am glad you had a great time on your Cruise. I look forward to meeting you in March '07 !

Likewise Andy:cool:

Terry, I did see Brooks Aehron and he was excellent. Bags of energy and a real pleasure to watch and listen to. Sue, I guess the "Old MacDonald" thing is very dependent on the audience members who take part, but this particular one was just too funny:D

naples queen, the cabin was 7097. A cat 9 on the Vista Deck.

Ian, are you getting a larger group together for November and are in touch with Jovel to arrange it? If you are he did speak of you.

Gary, I noticed the "Closed for Maintenance" signs on the T-Pool and hot tubs too, but I had already decided to give them a miss in the interests of my health. The last couple of times I have come back with ear infections and I have narrowed it down to these pools. It's a hardship because I love them, but not as much as I hate being sick when I get home.

Judy, to answer a couple of your questions (I'm afraid that I am no detail person and some of the finer points tend to go unnoticed with me:o), muster was at 4.30pm the evening we sailed from Venice and the CC party was at 10am on the first sea day. The shuttle was to San Marco only and cost $13. The shuttle bus in Dubrovnik was $10. I've just found it on my final bill.

I'm afraid that the full review may take a while to do, but I will write it as soon as I am able.

Phil

Ian, are you getting a larger group together for November and are in touch with Jovel to arrange it? If you are he did speak of you.

Phil

Yes thats us :D We can't wait to see him again, he was fantastic in May. Really pleased he spoke of us, hope it was all good lol

Hi Phil ~ welcome back and so glad to hear you had a great time. Knew you would! How could you go wrong sailing with Ma Bell! I'd say I'm jealous but since I'm leaving this week for our cruise on Freedom, I can't say that (well, I can still be jealous about your Ports of Call).

Looking forward to the rest of the review!

Thanks again for posting!

~Anne

LDoc72, I missed you in the Rendezvous Lounge. What did you sing? It was a great cruise, wasn't it? :cool:

David, there was another night of open seating too. It was impromptu and I can't for the life of me remember which one it was. It might have been the day we were in Naples.

Phil

Yes thats us :D We can't wait to see him again, he was fantastic in May. Really pleased he spoke of us, hope it was all good lol

Hi Ian, after reading such wonderful things about Jovel I am hoping

we get him for the Millie in December too.

I called the number for dining room requests today...told the guy

I spoke with I have some friends who had this particular waiter

on their cruises and I would love to have him as well!

Of course they don't have any guarantees but he was very helpful.

And knowing Phil and MaBell had him too, well all 3 of you

know good service;)

I am just hoping he is still on the ship when I sail...don't

know when his contract started.

It is always nice for the staff and crew to know so many

people think so highly of them:)

Ian, I know you are sailing next month...maybe you could

find out if he will still be on? Thanks:)

Hello Phil.

We're on the Millie 11/10/06. I found the link to your slide show on the "Anyone Ever?" thread. Looks an awful lot like Lake Como on a few slides, but I'm simply guessing. If you were on the X Cruisetour, I'd like to know how it went. We'll be staying at Le Meridien Gallia with the group, and in Venice at the Bellini before boarding Millie.

Thanks for response in advance, either way.

Cabo

Hi Cabo. That is indeed Como. What a beautiful place in spite of a bit of haze whilst we were there. We did a private pre-cruise tour taking in three nights in Rome, one in Siena, three in Florence and two in Como and then to Venice where we boarded the ship. It was a wonderful trip. Not sure what you have planned at Como, but it is worth a slow boat ride to Bellagio and then depending on how your time is going, a fast boat back.

Have a great tour and cruise.

Phil

Thanks for that Phil - looked like you had a very nice time.

We will arrive Milan on Monday 06/11/06, one day prior to our Xtour because we are using miles, and not on X's air package. We will be based at Le Meridien, then on Wednesday morning we have a half day sail on Lake como, including a stop for lunch in Bellagio. We will also see (from the outside) Villa Carlotta.

We also have a walking tour Thursday morning. Galleria Vittorio Emmanuele, Duomo, etc. We also plan to visit the Museo alla Scala. Trid to get tickets to a performance of Don Giovanni on Tuesday, but tickets were not available.

Breakfast and dinners included.

Then off to Venice a day prior to sailing. There will be a farewell dinner, followed by a morning trip to Burano (with a B) before we board.

Cabo

We will arrive Milan on Monday 06/11/06, one day prior to our Xtour because we are using miles, and not on X's air package. We will be based at Le Meridien, then on Wednesday morning we have a half day sail on Lake como, including a stop for lunch in Bellagio. We will also see (from the outside) Villa Carlotta. We also have a walking tour Thursday morning. Galleria Vittorio Emmanuele, Duomo, etc. We also plan to visit the Museo alla Scala. Trid to get tickets to a performance of Don Giovanni on Tuesday, but tickets were not available.Breakfast and dinners included. Then off to Venice a day prior to sailing. There will be a farewell dinner, followed by a morning trip to Burano (with a B) before we board.

Wow, what a great way to start off your cruise! Wonderful! We will be boarding Millennium when you disembark in Barcelona on Thursday 24/11/06...

Floris

LDoc72, I missed you in the Rendezvous Lounge. What did you sing? It was a great cruise, wasn't it? :cool:

David, there was another night of open seating too. It was impromptu and I can't for the life of me remember which one it was. It might have been the day we were in Naples.

Phil

Hey Phil, I think the second open seating night was Santorini. There was a huge Greek buffet on the pool deck so it would make sense to have open seating that night as a lot of people were outside at the Buffet.

Archived