Anyone Notice the new Feature???

sail7seas

Perhaps I'm a few beats behind everyone, but I just noticed for the first time that at the bottom of a thread I was reading, there was a section indicating registered users who were also reading that thread at that time.

If it has been there for a while, I just saw it. I'm not sure I think it is terrific.

What I don't like is that I had selected to be "invisible" on User CP. I just went to verify tht was still checked and it is.

So why is my name showing up when reading a thread?

Yes, you're right KK. But why do they offer a choice to be Invisible ? Doesn't that mean that your name won't appear at all?

Maybe I am confused as to what to expect from choosing "Invisible"?

Yes, you're right KK. But why do they offer a choice to be Invisible ? Doesn't that mean that your name won't appear at all?

Maybe I am confused as to what to expect from choosing "Invisible"?

Most people refer to things like this as "bugs". In the software world they're referred to as "undocumented features".;) :D

sail7seas

I think that although you appear on the page as far as you are concerned, no-one else can see it. It should appear with an * by your name, confirming you name does not appear to others. I think....... You don't show now and probably I don't either. Your "spot" colour should be red?

Phil

Nothing is in jeopardy really. I think it's just a personal decision. If you don't choose to be invisible, then everyone can see where you are on the boards. This might bother some and not bother others. There are people who don't like being "seen":D while others want to be. Truthfully, it's all silly really. If the little button next to our name is green it means we're "visible" and we're on the boards, if it's red it means we're here, but we're invisible meaning you can't see where we are. If it's grey it means we're not on the boards at all.

At least I think that's what it means.:rolleyes:

Life used to be so much simpler. ;) Used to be red and green was either traffic lights or Christmas. Now it's visibility/invisibility.....grrrrr, everythings is getting complicated. :)

Thanks very much for the explanation. At least I now know how little I know.

Life used to be so much simpler. ;) Used to be red and green was either traffic lights or Christmas. Now it's visibility/invisibility.....grrrrr, everythings is getting complicated. :)

Thanks very much for the explanation. At least I now know how little I know.

I'm with you! Ah for the simple life................;)

Not being critical, only curious. Why would one wish to be "invisible"?

I'm with Steve - why would anyone wish to be invisible? Is there a reason behind it? Personally, I could care less who knows where I'm at or at what time -

When I think about surfing the boards using "invisible", I picture someone who might be trying to hide something or stir up trouble - but that's just me.

Archived