Live from the Crown - Nov. 4, 2006

willysgrandma

Oh Carolyn!! I am SO sorry to hear that! I remember following all your posts during that difficult time and you were so positive! I can't imagine how you felt during muster. I hope the remainder of the trip will remind you of all the other GOOD things that happened up until that moment. Thanks for posting and I'm glad you loved Barbados! It's one of my favorite places!

Thanks for the review....I'm watching the Crown sail from Barbados right now:D

But I have a very important question.......was there a "store" at the San Juan pier? Did they sale wine...water and sodas;)

Have a wonderful cruise and keep us posted when you can:)

Thanks for the review....I'm watching the Crown sail from Barbados right now:D

But I have a very important question.......was there a "store" at the San Juan pier? Did they sale wine...water and sodas;)

Have a wonderful cruise and keep us posted when you can:)

Makeup, great store right at the pier, you can stock up with all kinds of "goodies"!!!!!!!!

Willysgrandma was correct, embarkation was a nightmare. We got there at 11 am and didn't get on board until after 2pm. They didn't do a great job of handling people or giving out any information. But we are on and the ship is beautiful.

2 of the back elevators have been out since we got on, so it's really hard to grab an elevator on the ship.

Service has been fantastic, food is also very good. Today was Barbados and it was a lot of fun. We did a ship's tour on a 4x4 and then a catamaran ride to swim with the turtles. It was so much fun and is one of the best excursions we've ever been on.

To those on our roll call, I'm very sorry I didn't make the meeting Saturday night. I thought I had fully recovered from the Star fire and I guess I didn't as I had major anxiety attack while trying to go the drill. The sound of the blasts along with the captain talking and the crew telling us where to go in their life jackets was too much for me. I didn't end up being able to do anything Saturday night so I am so sorry I didn't get to meet any of you.

I'll be back later.

Carolyn

Carolyn, hang in there...........my thoughts are with you. We were to follow you last year! Keep posting and think of all the wonderful positives!

I know there's a store at the piers in OSJ..... but Willysgrandma said while they were waiting for embarkation there was "no water or beverages to be found". So I was wondering if there was a store at the Pan American Pier:D

There's a store within the terminal after you've gone through security. Since Wileysgrandmay was waiting outside, they didn't have access to the store.

The Crown is using 2 different piers in San Juan. We are sailing FROM Pier 4 which is in Old San Juan but returning to the PA pier which is on the other side. I know the PA pier has a store "upstairs" that you can purchase many things at. But that's once you clear customs as someone else said. In Old San Juan I'm sure there is somewhere close by where you can get something to eat and drink as well but I haven't sailed from there yet. Not sure if that answers your question at all. Princess is making it confusing for people by using these 2 piers like that!

There is a store at the Pan Am pier and it's been redone since we were there in 2004. They no longer carry juices and soda, just liquor and water. We were in there and looked for some mixers but they didn't have any.

If anyone needs these things make sure to grab it before you get to the pier.

They made us register prior to Wed if we had a flight prior to 2pm and they copied our plane tickets to keep on file so they don't have a mess like they did on Saturday.

Tonight for some strange reason they did not have the horizon court buffet opened for dinner only the Caribe Grill. Hamburgers, etc is open until 1 am however.

The comedian tonight is the exact guy we saw on the March Star sailing and he is doing the exact same routine. He's still funny though but he is doing his act in the explorer's lounge and I don't like being in there since that's where we mustered so we only stayed for a few minutes.

Sabitinis is beautiful and Adiago is gorgeous as well but no one seems to hang out there. They've really made some great changes to the ship, the dark wood is lovely. I love the adult pool in the back because it no longer has skywalkers overhead to make the pool stay in the shade.

Our cabin steward is Chai and he's fantastic. Not wild about the back suite as it's really loud back there due to the vent and the roar of the ships movement. The hallway is nice and quiet however and that's a plus. It is need to watch where you've been though and Steve seems to be enjoying that. The two back elevators are still out so stairs are a must this time around.

The weather was perfect today and I'm hoping it's the same in St Lucia.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Any other questions, don't forget to ask.

I

My parents are on round 2 of their B2B. When they arrived in San Juan they were supposed to clear immigration around 11:30 but when they went down to do so they were told to come back later, they made it through around 1:30. At dinner that night their table mates said they waited 2 1/2 hours in the hot sun and witnessed two passengers have a fist fight while waiting to board the ship. I hope Princess fixes this problem by the time we board in January. Have a great cruise.

Vicki

I hope they fix it sooner, on the crown on Nov 18th:eek:

cruising on the crown nov 18th, are you going on any golf excusions during your cruise? if you have any feedback from, your own party or

any fellow passengers, please post comments :)

Hi Bill,

I am cruising on the 18th as well. There are a bunch of us in the roll call room if you would like to join us.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=268443&page=9

Carolyn,

What was the ships tour you took with the Catamaran? We are going in March and one of our roll call people have booked the Silvermoon (which is an independant tour) the boards gave it a rave review... I am just concerned about getting back,etc... if you think the snorkeling you did was fine.. maybe I will second think the Silvermoon.. how many were on your tour? (est.) Glad you are having a great time. I hope they get the disembarkment situation fixed.. we have a flight out at 2 !

Tory

We are also on the New Year's eve cruise...our flight departs San Juan at 12:30pm to head back home to New York and now I am really worried. I was told we had plenty of time, not I have to hope we don't run into the same problems..

If you have time in San Juan, there is a bus stop almost across the street from the terminal. A trolley stops there and will take you all over old San Juan for free. Yes, just ask and they will bring you back, just ask for times. Some of the hills are really high for walking in the humidity.

Sunraiser....I would suggest "The BoatYard" in Barbados. They charge you about $15 pp to enter and they gave us a beaded bracelet. You use the beads to purchase food and drink. This included beach chairs, trapoline out in the water, rafts, they had a bar, restrooms, food etc. I would go back there is a second. Not far from ship either. Just hop in a cab. Great spot for short money. Enjoy

The Crown is using 2 different piers in San Juan. We are sailing FROM Pier 4 which is in Old San Juan but returning to the PA pier which is on the other side. I know the PA pier has a store "upstairs" that you can purchase many things at. But that's once you clear customs as someone else said. In Old San Juan I'm sure there is somewhere close by where you can get something to eat and drink as well but I haven't sailed from there yet. Not sure if that answers your question at all. Princess is making it confusing for people by using these 2 piers like that!

What!!!!???? The ship switches between piers????? Are you sure?

We've sailed out of San Juan before, it was a breeze to get aboard or desembarque from the Old Town docks. By the sounds of it be VERY worried if you've booked a morning flight home the last day.

There is a store at the Pan Am pier and it's been redone since we were there in 2004. They no longer carry juices and soda, just liquor and water. We were in there and looked for some mixers but they didn't have any.

Any other questions, don't forget to ask.

Thanks for the info you are providing. Does the liquor store at the pier have a good selection of wines also?

What!!!!???? The ship switches between piers????? Are you sure?

We've sailed out of San Juan before, it was a breeze to get aboard or desembarque from the Old Town docks. By the sounds of it be VERY worried if you've booked a morning flight home the last day.

Yes I'm very sure. We are on Crown on 11/25 and we are embarking at Old San Juan Pier 4 but when we return a week later we will be disembarking from the Pan American Pier. So make sure you know what pier(s) you are at when you cruise and remember they can change.

Yes I'm very sure. We are on Crown on 11/25 and we are embarking at Old San Juan Pier 4 but when we return a week later we will be disembarking from the Pan American Pier. So make sure you know what pier(s) you are at when you cruise and remember they can change.

From what I had read a while ago on these boards, your sailing is the only one embarking from Pier 4, otherwise its at the Pan Am pier. I could be wrong, though.

Thanks for the updates CJSKIDS!

From what I had read a while ago on these boards, your sailing is the only one embarking from Pier 4, otherwise its at the Pan Am pier. I could be wrong, though.

I believe Canuck is correct - only the November 25th cruise will be coming and going from differe ports, because another ship is using the Pan Am pier (I believe Celebrity?). In any event, the rest of the Crown Cruisers should be using Pan Am coming and going.

And yes, I am worried about my 12:45 flight out of San Juan now! :eek:

If you have time in San Juan, there is a bus stop almost across the street from the terminal. A trolley stops there and will take you all over old San Juan for free. Yes, just ask and they will bring you back, just ask for times. Some of the hills are really high for walking in the humidity.

WOW....good information :D

Thanks

Are you talking about Pier # 4 or the Pan Am Pier? I do not remember a trolley stop or anything like that at the Pan Am Pier, but there is one at Pier # 4.

TinaLee wrote:

I believe Canuck is correct - only the November 25th cruise will be coming and going from differe ports, because another ship is using the Pan Am pier (I believe Celebrity?). In any event, the rest of the Crown Cruisers should be using Pan Am coming and going.

We are sailing on the 18th and going out of the Pam Am pier and returning to Pier 4. We got the change in the past week. We don't fly out until 3:30 when we return. It will be a long day of traveling.

Just think next Sat. shall be on the Crown Princess... yea.

Jan

Yuppers, no more downtown pier (old san juan) after that sailing. :)

Hope youre having a great cruise.

My group leaves 11/11 so we are interested in knowing how the weather is down there? Hot, sticky, humid????? 90's???? Please let us know because its nice a cool here in NY and our systems will be shocked when we get down there :). I can't wait.

Thank you

Archived