Concierge club/service?

PINS? We get PINS? With little diamond-like thingy chips in them? You guys got my curiosity up, so I went rummaging in DH's "pins" plastic shoe box. (The man throws NOTHING away).

We got Little League pins, VW/Audi Service Excellence, Honor Roll, Platinum C&A, and......(drum roll) our fabulous Cobra pins (now, you wanna talk status; those get men begging to be adopted (sound familiar, jc? hahahaha)), but no Diamond pins.

Shoot! I coulda worn them on my 4-night Monarch cruise next week and been treated like a queen!!!

Seriously, if the Diamond C&A perk is important to you (and, we like 'em, too; don't get me wrong), just flash the good 'ole Seapass card and that does the trick. Otherwise, off to the plastic shoebox of "pin heaven" with them!:D :D

This thread really "cracks me up." Actually, comments like "you must wear your pins to get respect,' etc etc make me want to "throw up." The Concierge Lounge benefit is certainly nice (we love it), but after being a quite a few cruises where we used the CL we found the best part is meeting other folks who have a lot of travel experience (we always are looking for new tips). To answer a few of the questions, yes there is an internet terminal in most of CLs (if not all) but its not free. You do get a coupon book (depending on your status) that gives you a certain amount of free internet time (I think its 20 min for each diamond member) and you can use the CL terminal or any other terminal in other rooms. As to free drinks, that is a great benefit for those of us who drink, but it is limited to basic drinks (no Pina Coladas, Frozen Daquaris etc) and the hours are usually limited to 5 - 8:30 or something similar. I personally love the computerized Coffee/Cappucino machines and will often pop in the CL room during the day to grab some Cappucino or Espresso. We have also been on a few cruises where they have opened up part of the Windjammer for the overflow from the CL (when there are a lot of diamond members on a cruise). As to the silly pins, somewhere we have a box of pins from several cruise lines and I guess the RCI Diamond pins are hiding in the box. If it does take a silly $2 pin to get respect than I better stick to some of the other cruise lines where everyone is treated with respect (couldn't resist this comment)

Hank

Hank

I spent the last 20 minutes reading through this entire thread.

And I LMAO many times.

The point I want to make is I could be on my FIRST cruise and book the Owners Suite and get to use the CL.

Of course I could do the same with a Grand Suite or the Presidential Suite.

And according to a misprint in current RCCL catalogs even a JS qualifies for CL entrance.

I like the comment a ways back where one person stated they became a Diamond by taking 3 night cruises. MORE POWER TO YOU.

It does not matter how much money you have spent to get to Diamond.

You can take (10)3 night cruises and still drop chunks of change. Or you can take (10) 3 night cruises book inside cabins on deck 2 and get to Diamond for $4000 total.

Or you can book (5)7 night cruises in a suite to Bermuda and you get to the same point but you just dropped $30,000.

But you both made it to the same level.

So who should get better service?

The person that became Diamond by booking the Inside Cabin Deck 2 3 nights

or the person that books the suite?

My wife tells me everytime we go onboard.....Don't tell them how many cruises we have taken.

Simply put I think Patti said so. Oh BTW Patti I will be cruising with Jim in April of 08.

We get great service on every cruise. Sure we take in the perks. The welcome back parties, lunch, free drinks. But we enjoy just being on vacation and being on the ship.

It does not matter how you get there..A taxi a limo a shuttle.

The higher you go you get little perks. The discounts are the best.

If you must show off then go for it but I will be wearing a swimsuit and relaxing by the pool. And enjoying the vacation.

I guess I could get a tatoo stating my status:eek:

I spent the last 20 minutes reading through this entire thread.

And I LMAO many times.

The point I want to make is I could be on my FIRST cruise and book the Owners Suite and get to use the CL.

Of course I could do the same with a Grand Suite or the Presidential Suite.

And according to a misprint in current RCCL catalogs even a JS qualifies for CL entrance.

I like the comment a ways back where one person stated they became a Diamond by taking 3 night cruises. MORE POWER TO YOU.

It does not matter how much money you have spent to get to Diamond.

You can take (10)3 night cruises and still drop chunks of change. Or you can take (10) 3 night cruises book inside cabins on deck 2 and get to Diamond for $4000 total.

Or you can book (5)7 night cruises in a suite to Bermuda and you get to the same point but you just dropped $30,000.

But you both made it to the same level.

So who should get better service?

The person that became Diamond by booking the Inside Cabin Deck 2 3 nights

or the person that books the suite?

My wife tells me everytime we go onboard.....Don't tell them how many cruises we have taken.

Simply put I think Patti said so. Oh BTW Patti I will be cruising with Jim in April of 08.

We get great service on every cruise. Sure we take in the perks. The welcome back parties, lunch, free drinks. But we enjoy just being on vacation and being on the ship.

It does not matter how you get there..A taxi a limo a shuttle.

The higher you go you get little perks. The discounts are the best.

If you must show off then go for it but I will be wearing a swimsuit and relaxing by the pool. And enjoying the vacation.

I guess I could get a tatoo stating my status:eek:

Love your post and totally agree. But tell me please where would you put the tatoo?

Love your post and totally agree. But tell me please where would you put the tatoo?

Probably right where he can say "kiss my Diamond stat-*s..." :D

I also agree with Latvish. I've always been of the same opinion ever since the Concierge Lounges were started. I got into it last year with someone one here that was outraged that he had spent $10,000 on his suite, and was sharing the lounge with people that only spent several hundred. I still feel it doesn't matter; if you earned the perk, then you get the perk.....regardless of how much money you spent.

I think people lose track of the actual NAME of the program: Crown and Anchor LOYALTY, not WHO SPENT THE MOST, Program.

Latvish sums it up very well.

• 1 month later...
I also agree with Latvish. I've always been of the same opinion ever since the Concierge Lounges were started. I got into it last year with someone one here that was outraged that he had spent $10,000 on his suite, and was sharing the lounge with people that only spent several hundred. I still feel it doesn't matter; if you earned the perk, then you get the perk.....regardless of how much money you spent.

I think people lose track of the actual NAME of the program: Crown and Anchor LOYALTY, not WHO SPENT THE MOST, Program.

You make some excellent points. However, we are discussing the concierge lounge, not the loyalty lounge. While RCI provides the benefit of CL access to folks that have previously cruised at least 5-10 times (depending on length and COS), as baby boomers continue to cruise more and more the CL will need to be expanded to provide acceptable levels of service for the ever increasing number of ship's guests who wish to utilize its services. Either that or the CL perk for elites will have to be changed (no free booze since it appears as though that is what causes the over crowding) or discontinue the benefit entirely.

As for the person who was outraged having spent $10K and having to share the lounge with non-suite guests, they have other choices like Holland America, or similar cruise lines, where CL access is restricted to Penthouse and Deluxe Suite guests. Not knowing the rules is no excuse since there is CC, and the like, to provide every miniscule detail down to the denomination and type of bills/coins to use for tips. Sounds like the person you got into it with last year was really outraged at himself for not researching it more carefully. When you point a finger at someone else there are 3 pointing back at you. :eek:

FWIW, I also was very amused by this thread. This is my first cruise on RCI. I just booked it last Monday (it was so cold) for departure 2 weeks from today. Got a great deal on a Rhapsody OS and just discovered this AM that the Card Room is being converted to a CL this week while it is in DD. So we will have access to CL which is a pleasant surprise. Hence my search for info on the Concierge Lounge and the discovery of this thread. Sorry to resurrect the past but my thoughts seemed in line with the discussion and especially the last post.

Cheers

Probably right where he can say "kiss my Diamond stat-*s..." :D

I got into it last year with someone one here that was outraged that he had spent $10,000 on his suite, and was sharing the lounge with people that only spent several hundred.

...and as a Diamond Member, I don't want to share it with someone so arrogant. I would have had alot of fun with that guy. ;)

did i read some where that the cl on the AOS had internet access...is this true...are alchohalic drinks only available at certain times of the day...just before and after dinner...my wife was on the VOS last april and loved being able to use the cl...AOS 3-18-07...can't wait...

Yes it does have internet access....but you pay for it just as you do in the cafe.:(

for CL nightly drinks. I believe it is Hollywood on 13. Great glassy view of the sea with great drinks from vodka martinis, cosmos to pina coladas. I am not a wine or beer drinker so CL for drinks is not us. I love the specialty coffee for FREE with the continental breakfast in the AM. Meet some great folks, many sho are on excursions or just walking the city like we are.

When that CL gets overcrowded, I hate it! Just grab a drink & leave. But now they always have the real bar for free for us, so we do enjoy that.

On Jewel's Member Cruise last May we had 550 Diamond/Plus members and that was one packed CL, so we were allowed to take our drinks to dinner, the show, just bring the glass back before bed. Freedom last October was over 1000 & so they used Pharoahs Palace as the CL lounge for drinks & hor de ourves.

ROFL LMAO;) :D ;)

Each ship handles the cocktail hour differently. Now, I wonder what is going to happen if D/D+ members are not allowed in the CL during the day, like what happened on the Serenade Member's cruise recently. They were allowed up on Deck 13 for cocktail hour from 5-8:30 but not allowed in during the day..........the CL was for suite guests only. Hope this is just a Member's Cruise issue and not something that is going to be the norm on all sailings.

We'll be getting the short end, since we use the CL during the day and never in the evening.

BTW.....PH8, did you get anything special in the mail yet??:p

Count me as one that did not use the CL during the evening hours. I used it to check emails as it was directly across the hall from my cabin on the Jewel. Also grabbed a cup of coffee from time to time but that was it.

for CL nightly drinks. I believe it is Hollywood on 13. Great glassy view of the sea with great drinks from vodka martinis, cosmos to pina coladas. I am not a wine or beer drinker so CL for drinks is not us. I love the specialty coffee for FREE with the continental breakfast in the AM. Meet some great folks, many sho are on excursions or just walking the city like we are.

When that CL gets overcrowded, I hate it! Just grab a drink & leave. But now they always have the real bar for free for us, so we do enjoy that.

On Jewel's Member Cruise last May we had 550 Diamond/Plus members and that was one packed CL, so we were allowed to take our drinks to dinner, the show, just bring the glass back before bed. Freedom's Member Cruise last October was over 1000 & so they used Pharoahs Palace as the CL lounge for drinks & hor de ourves.

We've cruised several time on ships that have had an auxiliary CL in either Hollywood Odyssey or a part of the Viking Crown. Plenty of wine, beer, mixed drinks or cognac but no foo foo drinks or cosmopolitans available in the auxiliary lounge. Would have been nice as DH loves a good appletini. :)

FWIW, I also was very amused by this thread. This is my first cruise on RCI. I just booked it last Monday (it was so cold) for departure 2 weeks from today. Got a great deal on a Rhapsody OS and just discovered this AM that the Card Room is being converted to a CL this week while it is in DD. So we will have access to CL which is a pleasant surprise. Hence my search for info on the Concierge Lounge and the discovery of this thread. Sorry to resurrect the past but my thoughts seemed in line with the discussion and especially the last post.

Cheers

I´m curious where you got this information from. All I heard so far was that NO CL will be added to Rhapsody during dry dock. It would be great if it´s true, as I sail on Rhapsody for 16 nights in Sept.

I sent an email to C&A in regards to the recent Member's cruise on Serenade and the fact that D/D+ members were not given access to the CL during the day. This is the response I got back........thought you all might be interested.

RE: Concierge Access

Dear

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. On the recent members cruise on the Serenade of the Seas, Diamond and Diamond Plus members had exclusive access to their own lounge on deck 13. This lounge was open in the morning and evening hours as the regular Concierge Lounge was. As this is a benefit to Diamond and Diamond Plus members, we will not exclude you from participating on any sailing. However, on our members cruises we tend to have a high number of Diamond and Diamond Plus Guests. Therefore, we have a lounge designed for these very special guests and do not allow other guests access. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon. Get out there (sm).

Sincerely,

Chelle Hanson

Crown & Anchor Society

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? COMMENTS?

Call: 1-800-526-9723, 9 AM to 11 PM EST, Monday-Friday, 10 AM to 8 PM EST Saturday-Sunday (Outside the United States or Canada: +1-316-554-5951) Visit our Web site: www.royalcaribbean.com E-mail us: crownandanchor@rccl.com Write us: Crown & Anchor Society P.O. Box 026053 Miami, FL 33102-6053

*** Be sure to keep your Crown & Anchor Membership Number handy and always provide it every time you book a Royal Caribbean cruise vacation to get all the benefits to which you are entitled. ***

I also hope it is true, but wouldn't place a lot of faith in it given the source. While the cruise staff and crew often know a lot about what going on, the accuracy of some of the information they impart leaves a lot to be desired. I would wait to see if RCI makes any announcement regarding the addition of a CL and also wait to hear from those who cruise on her after the drydock takes place. Trust but verify.:D Interesting to note that the recent refurbishment and updating of the Majesty which made some major additions to the public areas, including a JRs, Boleros lounge etc., did not add a CL. Perhaps the fact that Majesty will be doing 3 and 4 day cruises influenced their decision, but it does not look like the entire fleet will have Concierge lounges at any time in the near future. I am hoping that the Legend will have one added ala the Splendour, before we sail on her next year.

I also hope it is true, but wouldn't place a lot of faith in it given the source. While the cruise staff and crew often know a lot about what going on, the accuracy of some of the information they impart leaves a lot to be desired. I would wait to see if RCI makes any announcement regarding the addition of a CL and also wait to hear from those who cruise on her after the drydock takes place. Trust but verify.:D Interesting to note that the recent refurbishment and updating of the Majesty which made some major additions to the public areas, including a JRs, Boleros lounge etc., did not add a CL. Perhaps the fact that Majesty will be doing 3 and 4 day cruises influenced their decision, but it does not look like the entire fleet will have Concierge lounges at any time in the near future. I am hoping that the Legend will have one added ala the Splendour, before we sail on her next year.

And the Grandeur also. :)

From talking to the Hotel Director herself, Karen Luppes, the Windjammer will be completely demolished and redone so there isn't as much congestion as you walk into the WJ. The islands will allow a better flow of traffic so you aren't running into so many people. New bedding is being installed in all of the staterooms. They are also tearing up the Suites and redoing marble etc in them. They have been in the process of changing out the water pipes for 1 1/2 years. When we were on the Rhapsody last month we had two nights where they turned off the water for several hours. This is so they can change out larger parts of the plumbing. They try not to inconvience anymore people than they have to.

While they are redoing the Windjammer the dining room will be used as the WJ. One floor will serve traditional breakfast and lunch, the other will be the buffet style. They were running lots of wiring in the overhead compartments in the hallways. I believe they are putting cameras in all of the halls.

You know I forgot to ask about the CL lounge as I wasn't a Diamond member then....;) I am now.... shucks I guess I should have asked.

On the Brilliance I did have a margarita and a friend had an appletini in the over flow lounge. Are they considered..... froo froo drinks?

I also hope it is true, but wouldn't place a lot of faith in it given the source...
Yes, while I am hopeful I am not counting on it. As I said it will be a pleasant surprise if it comes to fruition.

Interesting to note that the recent refurbishment and updating of the Majesty which made some major additions to the public areas... did not add a CL. Perhaps the fact that Majesty will be doing 3 and 4 day cruises influenced their decision, but it does not look like the entire fleet will have Concierge lounges at any time in the near future.
I think it is probably because the Majesty is a Sovereign class ship. The Splendour is in the Vision family of ships and does 4 and 5 day cruises so short cruises does not necessarily appear to be the reason - IMO.

Yes, while I am hopeful I am not counting on it. As I said it will be a pleasant surprise if it comes to fruition.

I think it is probably because the Majesty is a Sovereign class ship. The Splendour is in the Vision family of ships and does 4 and 5 day cruises so short cruises does not necessarily appear to be the reason - IMO.

I think NEGC is correct regarding short cruises. You have to remember that Splendour also does long cruises in Europe and South America, thus a Concierge Lounge makes a lot of sense, versus ships that do short cruises almost all of the time.

From talking to the Hotel Director herself, Karen Luppes, the Windjammer will be completely demolished and redone so there isn't as much congestion as you walk into the WJ. The islands will allow a better flow of traffic so you aren't running into so many people. New bedding is being installed in all of the staterooms. They are also tearing up the Suites and redoing marble etc in them. They have been in the process of changing out the water pipes for 1 1/2 years. When we were on the Rhapsody last month we had two nights where they turned off the water for several hours. This is so they can change out larger parts of the plumbing. They try not to inconvience anymore people than they have to.

While they are redoing the Windjammer the dining room will be used as the WJ. One floor will serve traditional breakfast and lunch, the other will be the buffet style. They were running lots of wiring in the overhead compartments in the hallways. I believe they are putting cameras in all of the halls.

You know I forgot to ask about the CL lounge as I wasn't a Diamond member then....;) I am now.... shucks I guess I should have asked.

On the Brilliance I did have a margarita and a friend had an appletini in the over flow lounge. Are they considered..... froo froo drinks?

Looks like it was different on the Brilliance than on the Voyager, Radiance and Serenade. DH even asked the bartender in the Hollywood Odyssey lounge on Serenade and Radiance if he could mix an appletini and he said he was only allowed to use certain things for drinks in the auxiliary CL lounge. (Hollywood Odyssey was closed to other passengers while it was the auxiliary lounge). On the Voyager the bar was set up in a room in the Viking Crown lounge and the Loyalty Ambassador and a bar server made/served the drinks. Again nothing that wasn't served in the regular CL lounge. My hubby did ask about having an appletini and kiddingly said to the LA that Sour Apple pucker mix was much less $$$ than the Cognac they were freely pouring. I'm glad you were able to get what you wanted on Brilliance. :) Another area of inconsistency for RCI. We'll be on Radiance again in September so we'll see if there's any difference then.

Archived