Celebrity to South America

baypeople

Howdy baypeople!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum! 04.gif

Thank you so very much for your post concerning South America. However, you have posted on the forum where members find the "How to ..." type of information for using Cruise Critic's software on avatars, signatures, countdown clocks or tickers, attaching pictures, etc. It is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic here. 05.gif

Per our Guidelines and to help you out, I am moving your thread to the Ports of Call - South America Forum where it will be on topic. The new location for your thread is where your fellow Cruise Critic members will be able to help you with information about South America.

Also, I suggest you read FAQ and Guidelines on the blue bar above. Especially the "Getting Started" section in FAQ. That's where you will see how a new topic should be consistent with the specific forum you choose. Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php for the list of all the Cruise Critic forums and be sure to read all Announcement and Sticky threads at the top of the various forums for additional information too.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

We are traveling on Celebrity's Infinity to South America in December. Have you done this trip? Any hints about types of clothing for the portion of the trip that goes around the horn? Any shore excursions that are musts?

Take layered clothing and rain gear. You will go through warm weather at each end and cold windy weather in the middle.

I have cruised from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires which is a similar itinerary as yours.

Expect warm temperatures (likely 80's) in both of these ports but as you go south then it will get much cooler. It could be cloudy and rainy as you go south or just cloud or just cool. Yes, be prepared to bring clothing so you can layer. I would bring a pullover hat, gloves, raingear, sweater, and pants and jacket to keep you warm. Again, if it starts to get wamer you can remove some of the items.

Many of the areas that you will see in South America are beautiful.

Keith

Dear Keith

We did this cruise on the Infinity in 2005 and loved it.

Dress in layers - footwear - runners OK with good warm socks

- I wore cords and bought a pair of leotards to go underneath for the colder ports of Ushasia & Port Stanley

- jacket - took my regular fall jacket (I live on the west coast so do not own winter coats) with a sweatshirt & sweater to go underneath.

If you would like a copy of my review of this cruise & also of the private guides we used - which were all excellent - just e-mail me

ann @ century 21 vancouver dot com

Enjoy

Archived