Krystal Massage PV

CrusinAgain

Krystal Hotel massage best ever !

My husband gets alot of massages. We go to Napa alot too.

The girls at the Krystal were by far the best !

We walked in with out a reservation and waited one hour then had a couples massage in the Villa. No noise perfect.

• 7 months later...

I'd love to go for a massage at Krystal, especially since I've never had one. My question is, do you think it would be wise considering I have had back surgery with rods up my back (my doctor doesn't appreciate it when I tell people I've been screwed, but I have some of those too). I still have back problems. Does anyone know if a massage would be a bad idea? Thanks, Nancy

I'd love to go for a massage at Krystal, especially since I've never had one. My question is, do you think it would be wise considering I have had back surgery with rods up my back (my doctor doesn't appreciate it when I tell people I've been screwed, but I have some of those too). I still have back problems. Does anyone know if a massage would be a bad idea? Thanks, Nancy

PLEASE ask your doctor. He/she will be the most qualified.

Ive had friends who've gotten massages at places and then come out sore and aching because the person didn't know what they were doing. I've never read any complaints about Krystal's, but again, who knows what qualifications they have.

PLEASE ask your doctor. He/she will be the most qualified.

Ive had friends who've gotten massages at places and then come out sore and aching because the person didn't know what they were doing. I've never read any complaints about Krystal's, but again, who knows what qualifications they have.

Hi,

For clarification purposes it is Millenium Massages. They don't have anything to do with the Krystal Resort other than they are allowed to operate their business there. We just got back today and my DH and I had massages there last Friday. It is a very well run and professional operation. I don't know what type of training they have but they did an outstanding job and I've had many massages in my life. With that being said if I had rods and screws in my back I wouldn't go to anyone for a massage before getting the ok from my orthopedic doctor. Just my opinion. If you get the ok to get one you can't go wrong with Millenium!

Kristy:)

GET A MASSAGE FROM SOMEONE YOUR DOCTOR RECOMMENDS AND THEN YOU WILL SEE IF IT WILL MAKE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE...TRY IT SEE IF YOU LIKE IT...IF NOT THERE IS ALWAYS MARGARITAS AND GUACAMOLE!!![

QUOTE=Nancyquilts;16495972]I'd love to go for a massage at Krystal, especially since I've never had one. My question is, do you think it would be wise considering I have had back surgery with rods up my back (my doctor doesn't appreciate it when I tell people I've been screwed, but I have some of those too). I still have back problems. Does anyone know if a massage would be a bad idea? Thanks, Nancy

Hi,

For clarification purposes it is Millenium Massages. They don't have anything to do with the Krystal Resort other than they are allowed to operate their business there.

Kristy:)

Krystal...Millenium...bottom line, we both said the same thing. Go to the Dr. for approval first.:D

Has anyone been to the Krystal lately for a massage? Is there still construction going on? Are the massages still in tents on the beach? Do you know what the prices are currently?

Well we just booked another cruise to go but have to wait until June. Can't wait to get another glorious massage. Even with the construction going on, it just faded in the background and honestly it didn't bother us at all.

There are two of these in PV - one you can walk to and the other is down the road if the construction is still going on close to the pier and bothers someone.

Has anyone been to the Krystal lately for a massage? Is there still construction going on? Are the massages still in tents on the beach? Do you know what the prices are currently?

As I posted just a few posts up I was there last Sunday. Our massages were not done on the beach. We were told that it was too hot and there were too many mosquitos. They moved us into an empty villa on the Krystal property that had air conditioning. Whatever construction is going on had no effect on our massages, and in fact I didn't even notice it. We were charged $75 for a couples massage that lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes. The one stipulation was that we had to pay in US dollars and not pesos. The girls that did our massages did a wonderful job and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Kristy

HI Kristy -- since you were just there (lucky you!) do you recall how late they offer massages?

I sent an email to Millenium to reschedule a massage and have not heard back yet...... guess they are busy helping others relaxxxxxxx.........

We wanted one as late as possible as our itinerary changed and we are there i nthe afternoon/night instead of morning/early afternoon.....:cool: .

Just thought you might recall having seen a sign somewhere.

Also, you mentioned mosquitos! :eek: So - when you arrived is when they suggested you stay inside - or had you already booked in advance?

thanks!

HI Kristy -- since you were just there (lucky you!) do you recall how late they offer massages?

I sent an email to Millenium to reschedule a massage and have not heard back yet...... guess they are busy helping others relaxxxxxxx.........

We wanted one as late as possible as our itinerary changed and we are there i nthe afternoon/night instead of morning/early afternoon.....:cool: .

Just thought you might recall having seen a sign somewhere.

Also, you mentioned mosquitos! :eek: So - when you arrived is when they suggested you stay inside - or had you already booked in advance?

thanks!

Hi There,

When we originally requested an appointment this is what we were offered:

"Gracias for writing us.......the schedules on September 28th Sunday is 9:00 am., 10:30 am., 12.00 noon., 1:30 pm., 3:30 pm., Vallarta time and the cost promotion cash only with discount is $75 us dollar two 75 minutes relaxing massage...Gracias and have a nice day"

So this day the latest offered was 3:30 but this might have had to do with the time we sailed. I know for a fact that they were doing a massage at 3:00 (apparently no one took the 3:30) because it was someone that we had met on the ship. I'm sure they're flexible and go with the port times.

Make sure that emails aren't going to your junkmail inbox, I had that happen. Also sometimes internet service in Mexico is spotty. Keep emailing, he is very good about responding.

We were told when we got there that the location had been moved due to the heat and the mosquitos. It was EXTREMELY hot. I was really glad they moved it because by the time we got there we were wringing wet. It was much nicer inside in air conditioning.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Kristy

I reserved a massage for April '09 for 6:30pm. That's the latest option they gave me. We're going ziplining first. The other times afternoon times were 3:30pm and 5:00pm.

For Barb, we are on the same cruise. I would reserve a massage beforehand so you're not dissapointed. Leandro e-mailed me that the price is increasing next year but because I reserved now I will pay the current couple's 75 minute massage at $75.00.

I reserved a massage for April '09 for 6:30pm. That's the latest option they gave me. We're going ziplining first. The other times afternoon times were 3:30pm and 5:00pm.

This is what I was hoping for as we are ziplining first and not due bck to the office till 5:00 so I was hoping there would be a 6:30 available for a massage -- perhaps we can clean up a bit before hand if they have a restroom we can use.......

Thanks to you, Kristy, too -- I got a quick reply from Leonardo the first time months ago when we set it up -- then this past week our itinerary changed our port day so I am trying to reschedule the day with him.

Glad to know we still qualify for 'current' pricing -- can't beat it!! Even with a nice tip it is much less costly than the ship spa!

Thanks to you both for taking time to help me out - the later time frame is encouraging -- I'd hate to miss out on this delightful event! ;)

I just did the Mexican Riviera cruise and had originally booked a zipline tour in the morning and the massage in the afternoon. Just a bit of warning, I also booked the massage at 6:30pm thinking that will give me plenty of time to get from point A to B and some time to get cleaned up. After the ziplining tour, we walked over to the Krystal for our massages and found the massage area already closed before 6pm. The place said it was supposed to be open till 7pm, but no one was in sight and all the massage tables, etc was cleaned up. We were very disappointed we didn't get the massage and thought it was unprofessional of them to leave when they were supposed to be there till 7pm. So maybe try booking the massage a bit earlier to avoid this problem.

I just did the Mexican Riviera cruise and had originally booked a zipline tour in the morning and the massage in the afternoon. Just a bit of warning, I also booked the massage at 6:30pm thinking that will give me plenty of time to get from point A to B and some time to get cleaned up. After the ziplining tour, we walked over to the Krystal for our massages and found the massage area already closed before 6pm. The place said it was supposed to be open till 7pm, but no one was in sight and all the massage tables, etc was cleaned up. We were very disappointed we didn't get the massage and thought it was unprofessional of them to leave when they were supposed to be there till 7pm. So maybe try booking the massage a bit earlier to avoid this problem.

Hana24 if you were just there then they were probably doing the massages at the villa and not at the beach location. I'm wondering if they forgot to send someone to tell you that the location had changed and to show you the way to the villa. If so that is very unfortunate and not good business. When we got there a lady was waiting for us to show us the way down the road and around the corner to the villa where they were temporarily doing massages due to the heat and mosquitos. I would definitely try to verify location prior to going.

Kristy

Hana24 if you were just there then they were probably doing the massages at the villa and not at the beach location. I'm wondering if they forgot to send someone to tell you that the location had changed and to show you the way to the villa. If so that is very unfortunate and not good business. When we got there a lady was waiting for us to show us the way down the road and around the corner to the villa where they were temporarily doing massages due to the heat and mosquitos. I would definitely try to verify location prior to going.

Kristy

Thanks for the info Jon & Kristy, but I guess it's too late now :p We asked the concierge where the massage place was and they directed us to the beach location. I guess I should have gone back to the concierge and asked if there was another location or made sure they pointed us in the right direction, but my bf was tired and hungry so we decided to go back to the ship. At least this gives me another excuse to go to the Mexican Riviera :D

We just returned from our Mexican Riviera cruise and had the couples 75 min. relaxation massage. They did this in a villa instead of on the beach and we were thankful for a nice cool spot as it was very hot and humid outside. As romantic as having a couples massage on the beach I couldn't have imagined how uncomfortable it would have been....for us and the therapists...I think it was 100 degrees with what felt like 100% humidity! The massage was wonderful....the best ever!!! After it was over we put on our swimsuits and headed for their pool area. We swam, got a couple of drinks at their swim-up bar, and laid in the sun for about 1-1/2 hrs. We would do this again!!

Since everyone's definition of decent beach is different, here's a picture of the beach right in front of the Krystal. The palapas belong to the Krystal.

It is your choice whether or not to wear underwear for your massage. Unless you just can't bring yourself to remove it, I suggest you do. Personally, I don't want anything in the way of getting that muscle at the lowest part of my back relaxed. The massage therapists will keep you covered with a towel, and any unease on your part will evaporate quickly (at least mine did, and I'm pretty shy about stuff like that).

There are no lockers, but you keep your stuff with you in the room at all times.

388196952_Krystalbeach.jpg.0f41000592e139680786d5a220c434d0.jpg

Archived