Krystal Massage PV

CrusinAgain

How far in advance would you suggest making reservations for a massage? Do they ever totally fill up on days the cruise ship/s are in port?

I would make the reservation as soon as you know that you want to do this. We booked the Krystal for Feb. 1. Loved it and booked again for April 18th. The time I requested was full, so I took a later time. Yes they do book up when more ships are in port. You will love them.:D

Could someone give directions to Krystals. Which way do you turn after you exit the dock area, how many blocks? Thanks

go back to post #28....good directions

we also booked early....for May 5...I emailed both the Krystal and Marina locations....the Krystal responded quickly...the Marina responded about a week later...both were very polite and helpful....we're having a couples massage in the tent....can't wait !!

If you follow the previous directions you'll get to the Krystal. It's at the end of the street. About a 15 minute walk.

We sooooo enjoyed our massages. DH & I both thought one of the best ever.

We wore nothing but done with a great deal of modesty and professionalism.

Such a wonderful massage & value. We did 75 minutes massage each for $75 total plus tip.

Tried to make appts when in port for friends and Krystal was totally booked.

Will respond to any questions.

If you follow the previous directions you'll get to the Krystal. It's at the end of the street. About a 15 minute walk.

We sooooo enjoyed our massages. DH & I both thought one of the best ever.

We wore nothing but done with a great deal of modesty and professionalism.

Such a wonderful massage & value. We did 75 minutes massage each for $75 total plus tip.

Tried to make appts when in port for friends and Krystal was totally booked.

Will respond to any questions.

We are scheduled also. I understand this is done in a hut near the beach now? Is there a place to keep your personal belongings close to you? How much do you recommend for a tip? Bathrooms close by?

We are scheduled also. I understand this is done in a hut near the beach now? Is there a place to keep your personal belongings close to you? How much do you recommend for a tip? Bathrooms close by?

It's almost like a large tent near the beach, sectioned off with fabric. You keep your personal items in the same "room" with you.

You are lead to the section where the two massage tables are...there are also a couple of chairs there and a little table, as I recall. The therapist then leaves so you can undress and get on the table covered by a towel. Then enter when you answer that you are ready.

We intended to tip 15% but after the wonderful massage tipped $10 pp.

There are bathrooms close...but nowhere to shower.

You will have some oil in your hair but most is rubbed into your body.

We went into town after the massage without a worry.

It's almost like a large tent near the beach, sectioned off with fabric. You keep your personal items in the same "room" with you.

You are lead to the section where the two massage tables are...there are also a couple of chairs there and a little table, as I recall. The therapist then leaves so you can undress and get on the table and cover with a towel. Then they will enter when you answer that you are ready.

We intended to tip 15% but after the wonderful massage tipped $10 pp.

There are bathrooms close...but nowhere to shower.

You will have some oil in your hair but most is rubbed into your body.

We went into town after the massage without a worry.

Hi there,

I am crusing with my DH, my two step-kids (12 and 9), our friend with his girlfriend. If I were to book a massage, could they all hang out at the pool? I know it was mentioned earlier that they allow you to hang out at the pool/beach area after your massage, but is there a day charge if you haven't had spa services? Do you know what the rates and lengths are? Is there a web site that has more information? I am a big fan of having a game plan so I would like to know as much as possible before we get there. Thanks for all of the information already given. I am pretty close to booking one regardless of what my family will do while they are waiting for me. :)

Thanks!

Thanks for great information! We are going 1st part of April- do you think their set up will change by then? Also, can you go into the spa area and use the showers? I think my appointment is with Judith- did you have her. Anything else you can think of and want to share- that would be great. Thanks!

Hi there,

I am crusing with my DH, my two step-kids (12 and 9), our friend with his girlfriend. If I were to book a massage, could they all hang out at the pool? I know it was mentioned earlier that they allow you to hang out at the pool/beach area after your massage, but is there a day charge if you haven't had spa services? Do you know what the rates and lengths are? Is there a web site that has more information? I am a big fan of having a game plan so I would like to know as much as possible before we get there. Thanks for all of the information already given. I am pretty close to booking one regardless of what my family will do while they are waiting for me. :)

Thanks!

My understanding is that a "day pass" is $20pp and that can be credited toward food and beverage purchases.

Sherree:

Not even sure where the "spa area" was. No showers near the massage cabana that I could see. Do not know the name of the girls that did our massages...but as stated before they were both very good. Don't think you'll regret this.

Thinking of making a reservation for a massage at the Krystal mid-afternoon after a morning excursion but is PV an hour ahead of, behind or the same as ship's time? Just want to make sure we have enough time to make it back. Thanks!

Right now they are a hour ahead of ship time, but when daylight savings time starts in March, it should be the same time since we Spring Forward a hour which means the ship should match them as long as your ship changes in the first time zone the first night like the Diamond and I believe NCL.

My DH and I are floating the Dawn on April 23, and have booked the PV cooking tour through the ship. Tour time is from 1030 - 1430. Will we have enough time to get to the Spa, have an hour massage and make it back to the ship by 5:30 (they say the ship sails at 1800)? Thanks!

My DH and I are floating the Dawn on April 23, and have booked the PV cooking tour through the ship. Tour time is from 1030 - 1430. Will we have enough time to get to the Spa, have an hour massage and make it back to the ship by 5:30 (they say the ship sails at 1800)? Thanks!

1430? That's 2:30!

Krystal is close to the ship. I would think you could manage it if Krystal has an appt open at 3:00/3:30 ship time(which would be 4:00/4:30 PV time).

Many thanks to the people on this board for the fantastic references! We have already booked a spa day at the Marina location. I have learned so much and appreciate the "short cuts" people posting provide. We sail in eight days and can't wait! Best, Greg

• 2 weeks later...
Can you tell us more?

Explain the shortcut?

We have reservations for the 13th on recommendations here on CC boards.

Thanks.

There is side door on the Krystal premise that's accessible. This side door is more obvious on your way out than when you are trying to find the Krystal on your way in. But there is often a guard there and he may or may not let you enter the premise since you are obviously not a hotel guest because you are carrying Princess towels. But we would definitely leave Krystal from the side door.

As you exit the ship's terminal gate, keep on walking until you reach a main street (5-10 minutes walk depending on whether you are fast walker or slow walker), then turn right and walk for another 5 minutes before reaching the main entrance to the Krystal Hotel. The pool area is at the back of the hotel, so more walking.

We would hang out at the pool in the morning, then go back to the ship for lunch, then come back again in the afternoon. It's nice spending the $10 drinking Mexican beer and eating authentic tortilla and salsa/guacamole.

• 2 months later...

Archived