Got a bet going

Turk

My wife and I got into a discussion about pool drinks thinking back on our last cruise on RCCL. The "Luvy duvy". Is it made with stawberries? What is the exact recipe? We are planning a cruise party for New years eve and would like to serve them. (I also have a $100 bet on this - I say the strawberries are in there)

Oh no, major error! You do realize that a bet with one's spouse is a no win. WIn the bet, angry wife. Lose the bet, not only do you pay with cash, but the crowing will be endless.

Bad move! Only make wagers with the wife you WANT her to win!!!!

Oh no, major error! You do realize that a bet with one's spouse is a no win. WIn the bet, angry wife. Lose the bet, not only do you pay with cash, but the crowing will be endless.

Bad move! Only make wagers with the wife you WANT her to win!!!!

Smart man! ;)

I thought I knew all the foo-foo drinks served on RCCL, but must confess, I've not heard of the Luvy Duvy... Good luck with your bet!:rolleyes:

It had to be a "drink of the day" as the waiters were carrying them around everywhere. Could it have been a nickname for another drink like a strawberry collada.

We make a drink at home that we thought was the drink but my wife said "No, it did not have strawberries!"

The drink we make - it is so good:

One ounce rum (or more)

Pineapple juice

orange juice

half a bannana

stawberries

Coconut syrup (in a can)

one teaspoon sugar (to sweeten)

Ice

Blend it all up!

I checked the nice recipe book we got a few cruises ago with all the official Royal carib drinks--no luvy duvy--maybe it was afrozen strawberry daquiri? Anyhow Happy New yrs!

Hmmm - well I don't know if this solves the issue, but anyway . . . Aquahound, I'm from the Youngstown area specifically Canfield Ohio.

Off topic a little - sorry! Hey Carol, enjoy your cruise! Look after my home in the Keys for me while I'm punishing myself in Ohio right now! :)

Thanks, Paul! I have all of your advice printed out and in my "stuff" folder. I can't wait to visit your new hometown. Sorry that the weather stinks in Ohio. It's absurdly and unseasonably warm and sunny in Philadelphia today.

:)

Thanks, Paul! I have all of your advice printed out and in my "stuff" folder. I can't wait to visit your new hometown. Sorry that the weather stinks in Ohio. It's absurdly and unseasonably warm and sunny in Philadelphia today.

:)

Ditto weather in Delaware today. Can't believe it. But back to the subject. (Oh boy!! I just started a sentence with a conjunction, she'll kill me). However, I drank a Luvi-Duvi. It came in a special glass that twinkled on the bottom. I still have it. It tasted wonderful and strawberries were definitely involved but I don't know the rest of the recipe. Sorry.

I have to say that I have never heard of a Luvi Dovi either. And usually I am good at being able to find the drink recipes on google. Have not been able to find this one. But RCI is famous for changing the names of the drinks on different ships. Usually they take a certain kind of drink and change the name to suit the ship or itinerary. Anyway, you say strawberry? Was it a lava flow? That is a pina colada with straberries or a strawberry mix in it. Ad on their ships, they call it something different.

My wife and I got into a discussion about pool drinks thinking back on our last cruise on RCCL. The "Luvy duvy". Is it made with stawberries? What is the exact recipe? We are planning a cruise party for New years eve and would like to serve them. (I also have a $100 bet on this - I say the strawberries are in there)
That would be a Love Connection. The waiters sometimes call it a Luvy Dovy. It is 1/3 strawberry daiquiri, 1/3 pin colada, and 1/3 mango.

I have to say that I have never heard of a Luvi Dovi either. And usually I am good at being able to find the drink recipes on google. Have not been able to find this one. But RCI is famous for changing the names of the drinks on different ships. Usually they take a certain kind of drink and change the name to suit the ship or itinerary. Anyway, you say strawberry? Was it a lava flow? That is a pina colada with straberries or a strawberry mix in it. Ad on their ships, they call it something different.

Wow! Lava flow may be it. Just looked it up at webtender.com and the ingredient are almost the same as mine above minus the orange juice. Strawberries are definitely involved! My wife said "this is not a definitive answer."

That would be a Love Connection. The waiters sometimes call it a Luvy Dovy. It is 1/3 strawberry daiquiri, 1/3 pin colada, and 1/3 mango.

Ahhhh . . and the mango would give it the more citrus flavor! I'm calling this busted!

Thanks to Murphy also for finding it first!

The waiter's on Freedom also called it Lovey Dovey, it was the Love Connection. I asked the Bar Tender why they changed the name. His answer helped me understand it a bit better.

He said "They change the name so that people will try it because it is new. You can ask for a drink by the old name if the waiter has been around for awhile but if they are new they will only know the new name."

They will change the names for different times of the year too. For example Valentine's Day will have "Love" in alot of drinks ie Miami Vice might become the Love Vice. Luvi Duvi (Lovey Dovey) and Love connection are one in the same.

Archived