Ft. Laud. Marriott Marina--restaurant for dinner?

micheluvscorgis

Hello! My new husband and I are going on our Western Carribbean honeymoon cruise on the Caribbean Princess 7/31/04-8/7/04. On the Friday before we board, we'll be staying at the Marriott Marina hotel in Fort Lauderdale.

As this is the first part of what I'm sure will be an amazing honeymoon, we'd like to go somewhere nice for dinner ("nice" for us means not breaking the bank @ entrees around $15-$25/plate). Any good restaurants around this hotel that you'd recommend?

Being from Colorado, we'd like to avoid steakhouses, but would love seafood! Anything fantastic though, please recommend! Also, might we need reservations?

Thank you so much!

:D

--Michele

Michele, here's a list that I've come up in my research for our upcoming cruise and all should be within your price range:

15th Street Fisheries (seafood) - close to the Marriott Marina

Bravo (Italian)

Carlos & Pepes (Mexican)

3030 (continental/seafood) - upscale romantic restaurant in Marriott Harbor Beach Resort

Mark's on Las Olas Blvd - fabulous food and a nice spot for walking after dinner

Sage (French)

San Angelino's - (upscale Greek/med. cuisine)

Bimini Boatyard -not great food, but lovely outdoor setting go for after-dinner drinks !

I hope this helps with your decision. :)

hi:) I 2nd the Bravo's suggestion.....I have eaten there twice...its FANTASTIC:D ..and its within your price range.

The rest of the list is very good...I have also eaten at Carlos and Pepes....excellent Mexican with wonderful ritas;) .....good prices too.

The only place I know that is probably more than you want to spend is Marks'.....its very trendy...good food, but the prices (in my opinion) are definitely on the high side.

CONGRATULATIONS on your marriage and have a wonderful cruise:)

The 15th. Street Fisheries is tops for great seafood and it right across the waterway from the pier at the hotel. I highly suggest taking the $5 Watertaxi ride along the intercoastal therefore you won't need to rent a car. It stops right at the Fisheries and at your hotel. Entree's are right in the range you mentioned. It is also a nice casual dress place right on the waterway. Best of Luck to you both and enjoy your Honeymoon cruise.
Bon Voyage

I second the vote for the 15th Street Fisheries. However, don't take the water taxi. The Fisheries is right next to the Marriott Marina, but unless you swim there, you can't get across the lagoon. The water taxi, which you'd be on for about 30 seconds, will cost you $5 pp. A regular taxi would be cheaper. You really could walk, but because of how the waterway cuts through between the Marriott and the restaurant, it's a pretty long walk. The only other thing would be if you bought a water taxi pass for the day ($5 pp is unlimited for the day) and use it during the day, and then hold onto it for the evening when you go to dinner.

The 15th Street Fisheries can be pricey, but they have a Sunset Dinner (must be seated by 6 p.m., and I would make reservations ahead of time; we called a week before our arrival in Ft. Lauderdale). The complete dinner (appetizer through dessert) was $16.95 pp and was outstanding. We requested the upstairs dining room and the views are beautiful. Request a window table and you will experience the most romantic sunset dinner....what a way to start your honey.

It's not fancy, I wore a capri set and looked totally fine. Guys were mostly dressed in polo shirts and Dockers.

Make sure you ask them for extra "skippers." They are these bread/cheese kind of things that are so addictive! They make their bread fresh all throughout dinner, and the "bread waitress" keeps coming around with fresh bread. Try them all!

I would highly recommend this restaurant. It's very nautical and in keeping with a cruise vacation! Bravos is nice, but you won't have the same dining experience as 15th Street Fisheries.

Just remember to call ahead for reservations.

Archived