Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Changed it again. Back up on Deck 8, port side this time. The girl assured me that the area above us on the Lido is a conference room. Whew!

a conference room???

look- as long as you are NOT under that pizza kitchen-- or the area where the ice cream machine is-- you are good. (even your first one woulda been fine.---

you poor thing-- but I know what its like to want the perfect cabin.

For me-- on this class ship its 7411. on spirit class i want one of the premo balconies 6232 7258 or 8232 (or one right next those)

(Princess - what ever cabin on the aft of the carib deck corner.

We stayed in 7411 on Liberty-located right by the elevator- perfect location and no noise from the elevator.

Thanks for the quick reply. :)

But what I'm really wondering about are the 1A cabins that actually butt up to the back wall of the elevator shaft. For instance on the Dream, cabins 8351 or 6367. I'm wondering how much you'll hear the elevators traveling eight next to the cabin wall. :eek:

Thanks for the quick reply. :)

But what I'm really wondering about are the 1A cabins that actually butt up to the back wall of the elevator shaft. For instance on the Dream, cabins 8351 or 6367. I'm wondering how much you'll hear the elevators traveling eight next to the cabin wall. :eek:

I suggest taking your question onto the main carnival board- but I willl say that the elevators are probably sound insulated- especially on the back end- which is where you are.

a conference room???

look- as long as you are NOT under that pizza kitchen-- or the area where the ice cream machine is-- you are good. (even your first one woulda been fine.---

you poor thing-- but I know what its like to want the perfect cabin.

For me-- on this class ship its 7411. on spirit class i want one of the premo balconies 6232 7258 or 8232 (or one right next those)

(Princess - what ever cabin on the aft of the carib deck corner.

I know right? But the space above our cabin will be whatever is below the platform that the water slide is on and that is what she was told was there. I hope she is right!

I too prefer deck 7 but it is totally sold out for this sailing. We had a cabin on deck 7 on our last cruise on the Glory and it was Glorious! LOL!

:rolleyes: It's more DH than me when it comes to being a complainer about noise. A couple of cocktails and I'll sleep through anything! :p Anything except his complaining that is :cool:

I know right? But the space above our cabin will be whatever is below the platform that the water slide is on and that is what she was told was there. I hope she is right!

I too prefer deck 7 but it is totally sold out for this sailing. We had a cabin on deck 7 on our last cruise on the Glory and it was Glorious! LOL!

:rolleyes: It's more DH than me when it comes to being a complainer about noise. A couple of cocktails and I'll sleep through anything! :p Anything except his complaining that is :cool:

I also find it bizarre that that week is sold out and much is left on the holiday sailing the week before- any idea whats going on?

I have a noise machine to block out noise

Edited by serene56

I also find it bizarre that that week is sold out and much is left on the holiday sailing the week before- any idea whats going on?

I have a noise machine to block out noise

For me it's all about the money. It's simply cheaper to sail around the Holiday weeks but not on them. I would prefer to sail on the Holiday week so as not to have to worry about kids missing school, but with 5 of us sailing, that's a big chunk of change.

For me it's all about the money. It's simply cheaper to sail around the Holiday weeks but not on them. I would prefer to sail on the Holiday week so as not to have to worry about kids missing school, but with 5 of us sailing, that's a big chunk of change.

That is why I like September and February- had a 7 day cruise out of baltimore for 1400. and no air fare- perfect and cheap.

Aruba in September- extra cheap and no one is there--lol

That is why I like September and February- had a 7 day cruise out of baltimore for 1400. and no air fare- perfect and cheap.

Aruba in September- extra cheap and no one is there--lol

Once I get rid of all the kids I can do that too! :p And I can drive to Port Canaveral in 3.5 hours, Miami in 3, Tampa in 1.5 and Ft. Lauderdale in 3.5 so no airfare for me! :D

what ship?

Sorry for not getting back, I was alway this weekend with no internet for the most part! I am going on the Carnival Destiny, I just have to book it now! The last I looked cabins 1101, 1102, 1105, 1106, 2106 or 2102 were available..

Thanks Serene! I know I can always count on you!!!

When you look at a deck plan and an area on a deck with all cabins is not labeled, what would that area be, e.g., crew supplies, etc.?

Likely so. If it is on either side of a dining area though, it may well be the dreaded galley! Avoid being above or beneath this area like the plague.

When you look at a deck plan and an area on a deck with all cabins is not labeled, what would that area be, e.g., crew supplies, etc.?

depends. some are crew stairways, others could be electrical closets.

look and see if the area goes all the way up/down in the same area,

Some "grey" areas could be where they have the firedoors.

there are room service areas.

Id add my cabin on Elation to the do not book list, but it sounds like a lot of people on lower decks didnt have adequate ac on the cruise I got off of last week. So Rivieria isnt all that great of a choice on Elation. Engineering measured and said cool enough. asked for a fan. already all given out, too late (first day).

Ok i'm about to book a room on the Carnival Truimph. I was looking at either doing 8418 which is on the aft end or 8368/8371 which is midship.

Any suggestions on these rooms?

First question- why?

8418 will be under the pool deck area and you will get chair scrapping sounds periodically

The 8368/71 is under the buffet area but its carpeted so you should not have noise issues. 8368 is too close to the pizza area which is opened 24/7 (if you cruise with loud obnoxious people-- you could get that behavior noise in the space.

Empress deck you will have no issues as its between cabin space and away from public areas

• 2 weeks later...
Room 3068 on the Enchanment...it appears to be at a fork in the road and I was wondering how noisy this is....anyone ??

I was on the Enchantment during a hurricane and the view was just fantastic. I was also mid ship on deck 3 starboard side and it was very quiet. I don't think you will have a problem with noise. The only time I encountered a noise issue was on the Sovereign of the Seas, deck2, all the way forward. I love the adult solarium on the Enchantment. Have fun!:)